It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother Of All Gushers Could Kill Earth's Oceans

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+48 more 
posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Mother Of All Gushers Could Kill Earth

pesn.com

Imagine a pipe 5 feet wide spewing crude oil like a fire hose from what could be the planets' largest, high-pressure oil and gas reserve. With the best technology available to man, the Deepwater Horizon rig popped a hole into that reserve and was overwhelmed. If this isn't contained, it could poison all the oceans of the world.

"Well if you say the fire hose has a 70,000 psi pump on the other end yes! No comparison here. The volume out rises geometrically with pressure. Its a squares function. Two times the pressure is 4 times the push. The Alaska pipeline is 4 feet in d
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2-5-2010 by hawkiye]

+3 more 
posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Wow just wow! This appears to be much worse then we thought.... I am just stunned. This is like of biblical apocalyptic proportions. It's been a while but I believe there is even some biblical prophecy that talks about all sea life dying etc. I am not trying to make this a religious post or anything as I am not religious, just saying. This looks really bad, really bad!

pesn.com

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Just in...

Fishing ban imposed in oil-affected Gulf of Mexico

Link

NEW ORLEANS, Louisiana — The US government banned Sunday for 10 days all commercial and recreational fishing in parts of the Gulf of Mexico due to health risks from the massive crude oil spill.

"NOAA is restricting fishing for a minimum of ten days in federal waters most affected by the BP oil spill, largely between Louisiana state waters at the mouth of the Mississippi River to waters off Florida?s Pensacola Bay. The closure is effective immediately," said the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

No more fishing... More economic troubles.

Not good.

+31 more 
posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

This is great news!!!

For

Satan

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Janky Red]

+2 more 
posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Paul Noel --

First, the BP platform was drilling for what they call deep oil. They go out where the ocean is about 5,000 feet deep and drill another 30,000 feet into the crust of the earth. This it right on the edge of what human technology can do. Well, this time they hit a pocket of oil at such high pressure that it burst all of their safety valves all the way up to the drilling rig and then caused the rig to explode and sink. Take a moment to grasp the import of that. The pressure behind this oil is so high that it destroyed the maximum effort of human science to contain it.

God I cant see how they can plug this. 5000 feet deep. OMG

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
If 1/3 of the life in the ocean dies then it will be time to start tracing prophecy in the modern day. I do look at many people's prophecies other than the bible like Edgar Cayce and Mitar Tarabich and they get it right a lot, and Nostradamus (although its usually so vague I give up). Have you seen 'the nostradamus effect'?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Mother of all gushers could kill Earth's oceans, is an extremely misleading title. No where in the source of the article does it say this. www.csmonitor.com...

The only estimate that the article gives is that "The 5,000 barrels a day is the "extremely low end" of estimates". PESN, Is reaching for facts here. The only other sources for this article are

pesn.com...
peswiki.com...:Ecological_Impact_of_Oil
google link
peswiki.com...:Best_Exotic_Clean_Energy_Technologies
www.pureenergysystems.com...
pesn.com...
peswiki.com...
peswiki.com...
pesn.com...
pesn.com...

Picking and choosing facts from a credible source, then stating opinions that are portrayed as facts is a terrible crime in my book................

Edit to fix link.

[edit on 5/2/10 by niteboy82]

+16 more 
posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by secretstoshadow111
[snip]
Picking and choosing facts from a credible source, then stating opinions that are portrayed as facts is a terrible crime in my book................

The title is not misleading at all here is a quote from the article:

If we can't cap that hole that oil is going to destroy the oceans of the world. It only takes one quart of motor oil to make 250,000 gallons of ocean water toxic to wildlife. Are you starting to get the magnitude of this?

It is not required to repeat the article title verbatim in the body of the article and the above quote clearly reflects what the title is saying.

Now perhaps you can refute some specific facts you think are incorrect instead of just trying to muddy the waters with innuendo and useless attacks on the wording of the title etc.?

trimmed quote

[edit on 2/5/10 by masqua]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The numbers involved in this giant cock up are outwith most peoples comprehension, including my own.

Many times I've had arguments with people about the ability of a plane to bring down a steel and concrete building on 911, based simply on the enourmous strength of these materials it is inconceivable for it to happen.

This story demonstates just how tough steel and concrete is and what is expected of it.

The scary thing here is that the forces of nature are so immense that they overwhelm the best we have got.

To me this situation we have created is extremely serious and I cannot imagine how they are going to fix it.

Truely mindboggling.

It reminds me when Saddam Hussain set light to Kuwaiti oil fields and it looked very bad. But the oilmen came in and used old techniques to put the fires out.

I just hope and pray they can come up with something for this.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

If we can't cap that hole that oil is going to destroy the oceans of the world. It only takes one quart of motor oil to make 250,000 gallons of ocean water toxic to wildlife. Are you starting to get the magnitude of this?

Even if that is true, it does not mention that in the cs monitor. Nor do I see any real sources for "quart of motor oil to make 250,000 gallons of ocean water toxic"

I am not trying to be harsh, however i have been fact checking for my collage for the last year. For "quart of motor oil to make 250,000 gallons of ocean water toxic" can you come up with some where it states this. That is not listed on pesn or Wikipedia.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Anyone who uses oil is to blame for this .If you drive,consume ,buy,travel,eat,etc ,YOU are to blame .Go and live in a cave until the last drop is gone and then you can come out and start again.Not possible?What a mess we have created, not only this spill but the Whole friggen planet.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
It would be heart breaking for the Oceans to die because of us. Humanity should bow its head in shame.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
It would be heart breaking for the Oceans to die because of us. Humanity should bow its head in shame.

Well look on the bright side. Humans did it and they will die if it dies so, in truth they will be punished for it.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Im certain we would create a filter, move fish into lakes, make safe zones if the shtf

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by secretstoshadow111

Even if that is true, it does not mention that in the cs monitor. Nor do I see any real sources for "quart of motor oil to make 250,000 gallons of ocean water toxic"

I am not trying to be harsh, however i have been fact checking for my collage for the last year. For "quart of motor oil to make 250,000 gallons of ocean water toxic" can you come up with some where it states this. That is not listed on pesn or Wikipedia.

SOURCE- NJ Watershed Management

LINK- www.state.nj.us...

"Recycling used motor oil helps protect the environment while conserving a valuable petroleum resource. Motor oil that is not properly disposed of and finds its way into either surface or ground water, can cause significant damage at low concentrations. One part per million (1ppm) can make water unsafe to drink; 35 ppm can produce a visible oil slick that damages aquatic life, including fish and shellfish; and 50 ppm can foul a wastewater treatment plant."

Looks even worse now....

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Wow just wow! This appears to be much worse then we thought.... I am just stunned. This is like of biblical apocalyptic proportions. It's been a while but I believe there is even some biblical prophecy that talks about all sea life dying etc. I am not trying to make this a religious post or anything as I am not religious, just saying. This looks really bad, really bad!

pesn.com

I'm not religious either but i do remember some prophecies about smoke rising from a bottomless pit and a third of the waters being effected.....i'm sure someone on here will fill us in.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Ive been thinking about how to stop this and I believe I have a way. Drop a very big explosive down into it and detonate in at say 1/4 mile deep . That should cave the ocean floor into it and seal it. Maybe even deeper so that the oil would not seep upwards.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by bluemooone2]

+13 more 
posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
This should be the lead story on all three of the big cable news channels, but they don't even seem to be aware of it. CNN is still obsessing on that Times Square car-bomb that didn't even explode!

+29 more 
posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by warpcrafter
This should be the lead story on all three of the big cable news channels, but they don't even seem to be aware of it. CNN is still obsessing on that Times Square car-bomb that didn't even explode!

You mean the -ahem- car bomb that was designed to distract attention from this ?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

I am not trying to make this a religious post or anything as I am not religious, just saying. This looks really bad, really bad!

It's not that bad.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join