It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP Chief: Failed Equipment Caused Explosion, Gulf Oil Spill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

BP's chairman is rejecting criticism that his company's safety record played a role in the drilling rig explosion and oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. Lamar McKay is putting the blame on "a failed piece of equipment."

He tells ABC's "This Week" that he doesn't know how much oil is flowing from the well off the Louisiana coast. He says that estimates of 5,000 barrels a day are uncertain. McKay said BP is "throwing every resource that we've got" to try to plug the well a mile beneath the sea.

He says he can't say when the well might be closed. But he says he believes a dome that could be placed over the well is expected to be deployed in six to eight days.
Source: newsmax.com...

Well, guess there is no need for Homeland Security SWAT Teams any longer. No big mystery. Move along.

You can see various satalite pictures of the oil spill here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 5/2/2010 by anon72]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
to be fair I worked in the Patch (Oil fields) never on a deep sea rig though Still equipment breaks and accidents do happen and when they do they happen damn fast

Edit to add I'm thinking they had a massive blowout... Otherwise the BOP would have stopped it... Something happened down there to rip the whole Christmas-tree off and that's major boom booms

[edit on 2-5-2010 by DaddyBare]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Very interesting video. Thank you.

I could never do that type of work. Not in my blood-for sure.

They deserve every penny they get.

join