It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegals, don't pay taxes?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
If illegal immigrants do not pay taxes, essentially they are good right? Taxes that don't go into the pockets of bankers, taxes that don't go into the pockets of anyone but their local community? Most illegals here in California all support each other. Mybe they are our biggest benefit and they are using this issue to capture your attention, and to get you to not want illegals. Mybe they are teaching us something.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by onequestion]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Illegals who use stolen social security numbers and identities pay taxes. Illegals who get paid cash under the table don't.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Yes they sure are teaching us that we shouldn't give a crap about a teacher's job or a health care job, because everything is free right?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Yea, they are teaching us that we need a revolution and take this country back.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
They aren't taking jobs, they are supporting their family through community! If we can't find jobs, its because our sense of community sucks. If we had all been supporting each other instead of feeding off each other this wouldn't even be an issue.

We can't take back a country we stole in the first place.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
If we can't find jobs, its because our sense of community sucks.

And here I thought I couldn't find a job because 4 out of 7 factories where I live got shut down because the economy tanked and there aren't any jobs here for the degree I have. Silly me.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

I am sure the companies who run the factories care about their neighbors. I am not looking at this subjectively. I am having a broader sense of the situation because the situation involves more then me, and the factories around me.

The illegals couldn't find jobs, so they left their area and came to place where they could find work, typically in a growing community of people just like them.

You don't have a job because you are not willing to take those same risks, and are not surrounded by the same type of community.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Yes you are completely right. They use public services, don't pay taxes, and while the bankers don't get the money and our country goes further into debt, Mexico takes the money that they send over there. How wonderful they are...I never knew that I was so wrong about them.
Don't worry though, since there aren't enough taxes already, they will just hit us for a value added tax.

Please, pay attention to whats going on around you, instead of reading illegal amnesty blogs.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ventian

I don't read blogs about amnesty. I don't need to read blogs to form an opinion. What is a public service they use? Please further explain your point. Why are you working a job that forces you to pay taxes you don't believe in?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

We can't take back a country we stole in the first place.

if u look at it that way,
then everybody except Adam and Eve
stole their land.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

reply to post by ventian

I don't read blogs about amnesty. I don't need to read blogs to form an opinion. What is a public service they use? Please further explain your point. Why are you working a job that forces you to pay taxes you don't believe in?

Cops, firefighters, and hospitals. Yes hospitals that illegals go to that don't get paid end up getting the money back from the taxpayers. To be fair they don't get the full value though.

And to catch someone before they say it, illegals can't be on welfare.

As for me working a job and paying taxes that I don't believe in. Well, tbh, I need to support my family. I also believe in taxes, though I believe we are overtaxed, still I have to support my family.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I am sure the companies who run the factories care about their neighbors.

Oh that's rich.
The companies who run the factories shut them down because they could get it done cheaper somewhere else or because they went bankrupt. That sure doesn't sound like caring about your neighbors to me.

I am having a broader sense of the situation because the situation involves more then me, and the factories around me.

Really? Then you should be concerned that all over the country illegals are stealing social security numbers so they can get jobs that require them, thus taking a job that could have gone to someone who is actually here legally.

The illegals couldn't find jobs, so they left their area and came to place where they could find work, typically in a growing community of people just like them.

So then I should move to Canada or Mexico illegally to find a job right? I'm only doing it because I can't find one here so it's ok, right?

You don't have a job because you are not willing to take those same risks, and are not surrounded by the same type of community.

You're right. I'm not willing to risk breaking the laws of another country by entering illegally. I'm not willing to risk being caught stealing someone else's identity. Thank heavens I'm not surrounded by a community of criminals who show such blatant disregard for the laws of another country. I count my lucky stars every day that I have a good enough sense of morality not to do those things just because I'm having a hard time finding a job where I live.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Who cares about social security cards? You are not your social security, and your identity is not your social security card, it is a meaningless system of numbers developed to keep track of you. The laws don't really mean anything unless you give over your power to that law, or the people enforcing them.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
wait, they have such a good community that they left Mexico to come here?

whatever, I pay my taxes and I hope some of it goes to deporting all these people, or at least locking them up.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

The laws don't really mean anything unless you give over your power to that law, or the people enforcing them.

And there we have the root of your argument. You don't like the laws, so you dismiss them. I really hate to break it to you, but laws are one of the fundamental elements of civilized society. It doesn't matter whether you "give over your power" to the laws of our country. If you're living here, you are subject to our laws whether you like them or not. Don't like a law? You can try to get it changed or you can move to a different country. Those are the only two options we have if there is law we don't want to live with. Try telling the police who come to arrest you for murder that their laws have no power over you. I can tell you right now, you'll still be arrested and put on trial for it whether you think they have that power or not.

edit: spelling

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Jenna]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

No law is the fundamental element of only this version of society. Law is a ridiculous concept of people not being conscious enough to be able to govern their own bodies and minds.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Sounds like you're fresh out of high school, very impressionable, and like to repeat what others have said before you and call it your own opinion.

Don't hold your breath for any stars and flags, you aint gettin 'em.

You either have no idea what society is all about, or you're just plain trolling.

Peace

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
How exactly are illegals supposed to pay "their" taxes? They are given no legal status here and thereby have no ability to pay taxes that I can see. That whole issue is a distortion of the real situation and a lawyers trick drummed up by talking point producers to fool moronic Americans into thinking that illegals are getting over on them in yet another way. If you think that illegals are "not paying their taxes", then you are truly confused.

Every legal immigrant I know pays their taxes and I am quite certain that the illegals would too if they were in a position to do so. Or, for the sake of fairness, I should say, I am sure the same percentage would pay their taxes as legal people do.

There are far too many good reasons to resent the current state of affairs regarding immigrants from Mexico to make an issue out of taxation of illegals.

link   
Illegal immigrants pay the following taxes:

Sales Tax
Property Tax (if homeowner)
Social Security Tax
Disability

They often do not pay income taxes by simply claiming EXEMPT. I have seen this done many times in the past.

Here lies the main problem. Most of the state services they utilize are funded by income tax revenue. So you end up with a net drain on the system.

[edit on 5/2/2010 by clay2 baraka]

link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Yes i am 19, i am trolling, and i don't understand. O stars and flags.

Look my real purpose is to point out the fact that immigration is not even a real issue! The issue of immigration is a complete and utter waste of time! Why do people spend anytime considering our borders and boundaries and what goes on within them? Because our society says it is important? What the hell is society, and what is it good for? Do these imaginary boundaries define who we are as humans and people? How can this even be an issue in the united states?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join