It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Cameras Down - NO ETA! The "OFFICIAL" Explanation!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I'm sure many of you have noticed that all the camera feeds on the Stereo Science Center have been down since April 29th. I Just received an email from Joseph Gurman, NASA Scientist for the Solar Physics Laboratory. Here is the official explanation:

VJ,

The cameras and spacecraft are online. There's a problem with the server that generates the images that appear on the Website. Sorry I can't give you an ETA for when it will be up again.

Joseph B. Gurman, Solar Physics Laboratory, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt MD 20771 USA
----
"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing sound they make as they go by."

- Douglas Adams, 1952 - 2001

I find this explanation to be plausible, however I do find it interesting that this downtime coincides with numerous reports of strange happenings in our Solar System at this time.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by discl0sur3]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Maybe it has something to do with this thread:

"An unstable nest of magnetic fields emerged over the sun's northeastern horizon"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

These 'magnetic fields' were detected by a "backyard observatory".

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Larryman

"An unstable nest of magnetic fields emerged over the sun's northeastern horizon"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

These 'magnetic fields' were detected by a "backyard observatory".

That's precisely what I'm talking about...it's hopefully nothing.
Check out this website The Rabbits Hole

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I s&f this thread because I really think more people should see it. Maybe they are trying to stop people from seeing the brown dwarf that is now nearing our solar system. Hmmmm Yeah, I think that's it.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

3 out of 4 SOHO Extreme ultraviolet Imaging Telescopes in BakeOut!

Apr 22-May 3 D27 Keyhole (Apr 24-May 01 34m Keyhole)

The EIT Satelllite is in keyhole.. =))

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
And none of these egg heads can fix the server problems? sounds like a lame excuse to me, but we shall see, it has to come back up sometime, or does it?

They cant hide the whole sky from everyone, someone will see if there is something to hide, they have no control over the amateur, we just need those who do see something to get the news out without it being blocked, if you do see something send it worldwide to as many as you can to stop it disapearing.

Don't broadcast you are about too, just go ahead and do it, broadcasting it will give them the heads up with their key word searches.

Play them at their own stupid game.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

strange happenings in our Solar System

To what do you refer?

We've only had telescopes for a few centuries, we spent most of our history thinking the stars were gods. Much of what we see up there is strange, especially to us non-scientists which is why we have threads cropping up every day posting any and all pictures of the planets and solar system followed by speculation about Nirbiru, aliens and 2012... Fact is most of us don't have a good grasp on how the Solar System, let alone the entire Universe, work.

Let's hope NASA gets it up and running before the really crazy theories start

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Check out this website to see what I'm referring to:
www.the-rabbits-hole.com...

[edit on 2-5-2010 by discl0sur3]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I just received another email from Joseph....I should add, this was sent with no further questioning on my part.

"I still don't know where the trouble really lies (or I'd fix it myself) or when it will be fixed, but the latest images are available via links at:

stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...
"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing sound they make as they go by."

- Douglas Adams, 1952 - 2001

Joseph B. Gurman, Solar Physics Laboratory, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt MD 20771 USA"

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
LOL still down? I think Microsoft engineers can repair things faster than they could and that isn't saying much...

top topics

join