It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pittsburgh Marathon course altered by explosive device

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Pittsburgh Marathon course altered by explosive device

www.foxnews.com

PITTSBURGH -- Police say they have found an explosive device near the course of the Pittsburgh Marathon, forcing them to detour the final part of the race.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
This is ridiculous. What in the hell is going on? First Times Square now this? I am a firm believer in things happen in 3's. Once again nobody was harmed thank god, but this is starting to look more and more like a false-flag campaign. It should be interesting to see who they pin these 2 incidents on. Like I said before I have a bad feeling about all of this.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2-5-2010 by djvexd]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
A firework is a explosive device, so is a Aerosol can that anyone can buy (possibly put in the microwave by accident.) It wouldn't have killed 2000 people there so they need to stop the fear mongering.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
It's nothing.

The NYC device was a crude home-made thing probably designed to scare people more than cause any real damage.

This second one is probably nothing more than the Police over-reacting because of the NY incident.

Nevertheless, it all fits in quite nicely with the Govt. view of "potential home-grown terrorism".

I guarantee they'll blame militia or right-wing extremists for this and whatever else happens over the coming weeks.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

True. However it said nothing about what was in the microwave, although you may have something there. My worry is that these "events" are happening back to back and the news is spinning it as terrorism. With the recent villification of "antigovernment protestors", this is starting to get worrisome.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
It's all starting to spin out of control...every damn day there is yet another "situation" withe contrived or actual that "we" are expected to react to...
And we do to some extent.

Next will be the "bomb" of Vera Baker.

I do think there are forces at work that serve to take advantage and manipulate but also believe the worst offenders are thaose that work as diversions fro the actual and very real problems at hand...fear is a GREAT motivator and an even better means of "change."

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I’m just wondering…

Was the “explosive device” something that could operate independently of the microwave? For example; sticks of dynamite with a remote control. Or was it dependent upon the operation of the microwave? For example; aerosol cans that would explode if placed in an active microwave.

If the latter was the case I’m thinking two different possibilities:
1. The idiot that did this was unaware that the microwave had to be on in order to detonate the explosive.
2. The idiot that did this had an extension cord running out of their apartment to the microwave.

If it’s #2 – and based on my first hand knowledge of some of the mentalities that inhabit the 'Souse Side' it probably is #2. It shouldn’t take long to figure out who the culprit is, even for the City's Finest.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by passenger]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by passenger

dunno...although a very appropriate use of the term idiot
. I don't think it was street side ( pure speculation).Fingerprints are probably all over that thing especially given the genius used a microwave.

new topics

top topics

join