It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halliburton & the Oil Spill

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
This is from Farenheit 9/11 on the Wonderful Halliburton. You get to see the lovely message i posted earlier from the CEO followed by DICK and BUSH, reminding you of their greatness that we all miss followed by more Halliburton GOODNESS.

And for fun, here is Halliburton's old theme song. You bible studiers will appreciate the following quote from the song:

Completes the well to produce the crude that runs the world for all the people all over the earth who live in the house that oil built.

Keep on Hustlin you big red *#@!'S

F U SLIMEBALLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
S and F for you, BeatMaster2012. There are some really good links and research here and this deserves lots of attention. Halliburton has been around for at least 60 years and at one time they were really the only company who could build roads and infrastructure for the British and American oil industries in the middle east but I don't believe that is true anymore...they are just thoroughly entrenched in our every war effort since the Bush 1 and Bush 2 created some very profitable war environments and no bid contracts for them.

Seems like they have become legally almost untouchable hiding as they are in Dubai. This disgusts me to no end.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
This rabbit hole makes me sick guys. The more I learn the more pissed I get.

S&F Beastmaster.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 5 oClock

Yeah it's pretty sick. I knew that Halliburton was corrupt from watching Farenheit 9/11 but i watched that years ago before i was into conspiracy stuff. I need to rewatch that.

You are right, the more you research these F's the sicker it gets. It is CRIMINAL and people don't give a F. People think it's just part of war and people enjoy war.

I don't know how people are so blind to why war is not the answer. Just look at the way the country is headed right now. We have to cut education because we are spending so much money on war. Whatever... We are headed to Idiocracy and the gov wants to keep it that way.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
And this is probably the worst video of all.

Halliburton provided troops with the following things:

Food
Water
Laundry Service
Coke/Pepsi

What a nice company! They should be thanked for all their wonderful service. Wait. Hold on, they are charging how much for those services?!?

Laundry Service - One Bag = $100
6 pack of Coke = $46

The iraq soldiers didn't have to pay for this, this is how much they were charging the gov, which means thats how much we had to pay for this BS.

63/67 of the places where Halliburton supplied water were containenated with all types of foul *#@%! THE WATER WAS NOT SAFE. There were worms in the water.

Iraq soldiers had to wait in line sometimes for an hour to eat. In the video you can see a huge line of soldiers waiting to eat. Why did they do it this way? Because it was cheaper for Halliburton.

COME THE F ON. SLIMEBALLS SLIMEBALLS SLIMEBALLS!

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
HERE WE GO. The hearing is going on TODAY! MAYBE right NOW!

Let the blame game BEGIN! WARRIORS: START YOUR BLAMING!

news.bbc.co.uk...

Lamar McKay, head of BP America, plans to blame the spill on the failure of a Transocean blowout preventer - a series of valves designed to stop oil from escaping, report US media.

But Transocean chief executive Steven Newman is expected to say the spill was caused by the failure of a cement wall built by a BP contractor, Halliburton.

Halliburton executive Tim Probert is expected to argue his firm followed all rules and guidelines.

The hearings of the Energy and Natural Resources Committee, and Environmental and Public Health Committee, will be the first opportunity lawmakers have had to publicly question those involved.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Great thread. This company is very troubling, as is the oil spill situation.

Let's not forget they also won contracts to build detention camps in the US:

www.corpwatch.org...

Here's a good site that covers all things Halliburton:

www.halliburtonwatch.org...

We should all take a closer look at this company, it's been up to fishy fishy for quite some time now, getting no-bid contracts and special treatment from the politicians.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by JipStix]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by JipStix

Thanks for providing the halliburton watch site, i found a lot of insightful info from there... thanks brah!

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
www.reuters.com...

FACTBOX-Halliburton, Transocean also lined Senate coffers

Like BP, both Transocean, which owned the rig, and
Halliburton, a contractor, also pumped money into the campaign
war chests of senators who sit on the Energy and Natural
Resources Committee and the Environment and Public Works
Committee.

Halliburton has given a total of $3.2 million to federal
candidates since 1990. Transocean and its pre-merger corporate
predecessors -- Sonat Offshore and Sedco Forex -- have
contributed $69,457.

Following is a list of campaign contributions to committee
members by the two companies' political action committees and
associated individuals.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Well, it looks like Rep. Henry Waxman is pointing his pig nose and finger at Halliburton!

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

Gulf oil spill: Rep. Henry Waxman focuses on Halliburton cementing job

Rep. Henry A. Waxman (D-Beverly Hills) started his inquiry into the Deepwater Horizon oil spill Wednesday with sharp words for BP, the well owner; Transocean, which owned the drilling rig; and Halliburton, which cemented the well:

"This catastrophe appears to have been caused by a calamitous series of equipment and operational failures. If the largest oil and oil services companies in the world had been more careful, 11 lives might have been saved and our coastlines protected."

But Waxman immediately focused on Halliburton's cementing job as the first in a complex chain of events that ended with an explosion and fire April 20 that left 11 men missing and presumed dead and started a spill of 5,000 barrels per day that now threatens the coastlines of Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida.

“Before, during or after the cement job, an undetected influx of hydrocarbons entered the wellbore,” Waxman said. "What this means is that there was a breach somewhere in well integrity that allowed methane gas and possibly other hydrocarbons to enter the well."

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Hey guys, I've been a frequent follower of this website for awhile now but this is my first post. I check it at least once a day; it's informative, thought provoking, and a considerably free exchange of ideas, assuming one remains open-minded yet skeptical. I tend to look at events and think about who gains, and why it's been covered in what way, and a lot of people on here seem to do that, as well.

Anyway, to the point, I didn't see anyone else make reference of this, and it's probably of little significance, but the timing is pretty interesting.

"Boots & Coots founder Edward Matthews dead at 86"
houston.bizjournals.com...

The article is just his obituary, verbatim, which can also be found on other websites. It doesn't say how he dies, but he was quite old, so who knows. He sold his interest in the company back in 94, but that doesn't mean he didn't hold influence with the company. The timing of the aggressive buyout offer from Halliburton, a couple weeks after he died, a couple weeks before the oil rig explosion, is probably just coincidental, but food for thought.

Whatever the cause, accidental or intentional, it's surely a terrible thing. I'm a nature lover, and a bird lover in particular, so I think that it's incredibly important that these things don't happen. You can argue the case for consuming less or no oil after this, but it can't magically happen overnight. The sad thing is that given the current state of politics in the US(and I'm assuming world?), an intelligent, long term plan would require us to make small sacrifices over long periods of time with no instant gratification, and it wouldn't necessarily make anyone richer anywhere, so it'll never happen.

However, I think we, as a society, should be extremely mindful of whatever happens next. If there are subversive elements at play here or anywhere influencing our collective thinking, they will be fighting this as a war. To quote Sun Tzu, "Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate.", and "All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." These are ancient words describing ancient strategy, strategy that is still essential today.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by arbitraryUser42

Thanks for the link and thanks for signing up to post here! I have posted the evidence but only a handful of people really think there is anything to this. You bring up a great point about one of the Founders dying on April 1st, 2010.

Here is a short Timeline:

March 1st : Boots & Coots on March 1 awarded some executives restricted
stock grants at $1.88 a share, and the stock may be sold at the
Halliburton offering price of $3 a share. source

March 31st: Edward “Coots” Matthews, who died on March 31 at 86, founded
the company in 1978 along with Asger “Boots” Hansen. They
previously had worked with Red Adair, famous for his
firefighting skills and portrayed in the 1968 movie “Hellfighters,”
starring John Wayne. source

April 12th : Boots & Coots as the company has agreed to sell out to
Halliburton (HAL) for $240.4 million. Shareholders will get $1.73
in cash and $1.27 in Halliburton stock for every share of Boots
& Coots. source

April 19th : Halliburton Co. said Monday its first-quarter net income fell
46%, as the oil service giant booked one-time costs related to
the devaluation of the Venezuelan currency, while operating
income rose. source

April 20th : Oil services contractor Halliburton Inc. says it safely finished a
cementing operation 20 hours before a Gulf of Mexico rig went
up in flames, killing 11 men and ultimately causing a massive oil
spill.

April 29th : Boots & Coots Inc., the oil well firefighter being bought by
Halliburton Co. for more than $240 million, was sued by an
investor who contends some company officials wrongly stand to
gain a windfall in the deal. source

April 30th : Boots & Coots Inc. of Houston and Amarillo, Texas-based GSM
Enterprises Inc., two of the companies that extinguished
hundreds of oil wells in Kuwait set ablaze by retreating Iraqi
troops in 1990, have been brought in to help cap the leaks.
source

May 3rd : Shares of Boots & Coots (AMEX:WEL) are trading up 1% to
$2.96 today on above average volume. Approximately 1.4
million shares have traded hands today vs. average 30-day
volume of 598,000 shares. source

May 4th : Wall Street has been quick to defend Halliburton, at least based
on the limited information available so far. The stock traded up
74 cents, or 2.4%, to $31.39 on Monday as analysts expressed
confidence that the company was not to blame. source

May 12th : The massive oil spill may now be spewing close to three million
gallons of oil into the Gulf of Mexico. BP, Transocean, and
Halliburton blamed each other for the spill in a recent hearing on
Capitol Hill. sour ce

Can you think of anything else to add?

Ah yes, must show this video.. Everything will be okay, nothing to see here..

[edit on 14-5-2010 by BeastMaster2012]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
who is T Boone Pickens? That is the most sinister name i have ever heard.. anyways he seems to have just bought a bunch of Halliburton stock? I don't know what's going on. Need someone who knows something about stocks explain this and what this guy is doing and if anyone knows who T Boone Pickens is feel free to add some info about him:

www.gurufocus.com...

T Boone Pickens Buys Halliburton Company

Oilman, billionaire investor T Boone Pickens reported his first quarter portfolio. These are the details of buys and sells. T Boone Pickens buys Halliburton Company, Dawson Geophysical Company, Baker Hughes Inc., Consol Energy Inc., sells Canadian Natural Resources Ltd., Cabot Oil & Gas Corp., Devon Energy Corp., Fluor Corp., Forest Oil Corp., Foster Wheeler Ag., Gastar Exploration Ltd, Questar Corp. during the 3-months ended 03/31/2010, according to the most recent filings of his investment company, BP Capital. T Boone Pickens owns 15 stocks with a total value of $163 million.

These are the top 5 holdings of T Boone Pickens

Transocean Inc. (RIG) - 345,980 shares, 18.36% of the total portfolio.
McMoRan Exploration Co. (MMR) - 1,186,425 shares, 10.66% of the total portfolio. Shares added by 20.28%
WEATHERFORD INTERNATIONAL, LTD. (SWITZERLAND) (WFT) - 903,781 shares, 8.81% of the total portfolio. Shares added by 46.06%
SANDRIDGE ENERGY INC (SD) - 1,799,860 shares, 8.52% of the total portfolio. Shares added by 14.8%
Smith International Inc. (SII) - 312,285 shares, 8.22% of the total portfolio. Shares added by 58.29%

New Purchase: Halliburton Company (HAL)
T Boone Pickens initiated holdings in Halliburton Company. His purchase prices were between $28.1 and $34.6, with an estimated average price of $31.07. The impact to his portfolio due to this purchase was 4.96%. His holdings were 268,000 shares as of 03/31/2010.

Halliburton Company provides a variety of services, equipment, maintenance, and engineering and construction to energy, industrial and governmental customers. Halliburton Company has a market cap of $25.02 billion; its shares were traded at around $27.64 with a P/E ratio of 23.6 and P/S ratio of 1.7. The dividend yield of Halliburton Company stocks is 1.3%.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Guess who is working on the oil spill fix? Yep, boots and coots! How nice.

articles.orlandosentinel.com...

BP PLC, owner of the damaged well, predicts it will take 70 to 90 days — perhaps into August — to stab through more than 3 miles of seawater and earth and puncture the vertical pipe that is channeling a torrent of oil and gas to the surface of the Gulf near the Louisiana coast.

"So how the hell are you going to hit something that's 6 inches wide?" said Bill Abel, founder of Abel Engineering & Well Control Co. and someone who has helped do just that about 30 times.

The short answer: decades of practice combined with increasingly precise technology.

According to a history compiled by John Wright, senior vice president for technology at Boots & Coots, one of two primary companies designing relief-well strategies for the BP blowout, the basic concepts in use today were put to work as far back as 1933, on a prolific blowout in Texas.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by BeastMaster2012

" When directors approved the grants, “they were in the process of negotiating the proposed merger” and knew the grants “would immediately vest” and “dramatically increase in value (from $1.88 to $3 per share) in a very short time ..."

This quote was taken from the businessweek link you posted .

Very disturbing , to say the least .

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
So, Haliburton, who is basically in charge of our wars, could be behind the spill.

They have declared war on us people.

I'm surprised this thread didn't make it to the top

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

i'm surprised it wasn't on the top of the page either, signals. This is, after all, a conspiracy site. Sadly people are getting hung up with politics and are not focusing on the most obvious "conspiracies" that too me, are quite obvious that something does not add up. I was thinking about summing all this up and making a new thread. Any suggestions on the title or key topics or quotes would be appreciated.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by BeastMaster2012

I don't know about new thread ideas, who knows why good ones die? I have brilliant stuff out there with 0 flags
brilliant!

Anyway, Haliburton fits perfectly into the puzzle, thanks for showing me this.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
The shills have been out in force pointing fingers at BP. This thread is a welcome, refreshing change.

bump

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I knew they were the devil, but I didn't know their tentacles could be so damn dirty.

Bumpage.

S&F

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join