It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diplomatic Flights as Terror Attacks. Is it Possible?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
With the recent news that Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is headed to the U.S. for United Nations Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty review conference, I got to thinking.....

What defense does the U.S. have against a diplomatic flight carrying a nuclear weapon? I mean, the flight could bring it right into the airspace over NYC and....BOOM!!!

I'm not suggesting that Ahmadinejad would do such a thing, I'm just curious if we have methods in place to detect and prevent such a scenario, regardless of who may try such an evil thing.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
prevent it? TPTB would lather let it happen.

Don't give them any new (false flag) ideas please

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Grey Magic]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Mad muslims murdering innocent people with airplanes is not new and I wouldn't put it past him. He wouldn't even necessarily have to be on the jet.

S&F

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
Mad muslims murdering innocent people with airplanes is not new and I wouldn't put it past him. He wouldn't even necessarily have to be on the jet.

S&F

Yeah, the scenario I was thinking of would have been one where Ahmadinejad would not be on the plane. Although, that guy is crazy and I wouldn't have put it past him to martyr himself for the "greater good" of his people.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Truly paranoid perspective!

How about maybe another nation, allowed to handle all it's own port / airport security, using it's own people, without the scrutiny of outside inspections? They would have the means and opportunity to move in, or out, whatever they wanted and nobody would know.

Now, what state would be allowed such fantastic and unprecedented rights to operate this way in other countries?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
Truly paranoid perspective!

How about maybe another nation, allowed to handle all it's own port / airport security, using it's own people, without the scrutiny of outside inspections? They would have the means and opportunity to move in, or out, whatever they wanted and nobody would know.

Now, what state would be allowed such fantastic and unprecedented rights to operate this way in other countries?

Paranoid? I hardly think so. I'm not saying that this kind of attack is imminent; rather, curious about the "stops" set in place to prevent such a thing. I believe that a "diplomatic" flight may be the easiest way to sneak in a nuke.

Is it not better to envision this type of stuff in advance; rather than wait for it to happen and then say "well, we never thought of that....but from now on we will be on the lookout for it"

top topics

join