It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quick thoughts on the GREAT US of A

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I think my idea about freedom fries was of more pressing concern. Has a nice ring to it, doesn't it? "Freedom fries"

And in case you didn't know, yes George Bush actually recommended this after France refused to help in the Middle East wars.

Maybe if Americans scrutinized their leaders better we wouldn't be made to look like utter fools and knaves...

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

"The Pew Global Attitudes Project, in an unprecedented poll spanning 47 countries and relying on 45,239 interviews, has again told us what most Americans do not want to hear. The world is pretty well disgusted with us."
www.truthdig.com...

It seems that the guys with the military avatars are always misleading us.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie
reply to post by Judohawk

i fail to see you're point, you seem pissed off, go have a drink of water.

also i have milked a few cows

i dont care if i talk down to people

you seem to care about it because you told me not to do it yet you done it you're self in the same post HAHA

Now for question number 2. Can you process your own animals? Like Gut, skin, hang and debone them? Because I've done that. That's way harder than milking a cow.

That's all I'm going to add to this from now on. If the OP is going to try and make me look like a city slicker, I'll up the ante a little.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reign02
reply to post by Darkrunner

Troll???? LOL kiddo, I am no troll and I have stated actual facts. Just because I disagree with the OP who has much less military expierience than me and has not traveled all over the world as I have. I think I can post whatever I like on these forums. I was not disrespectful in my post and you post a one liner talking about something off topic so infact you would be the troll and post whore....

Sorry man, that was directed towards the OP, not you. I'm a marine vet myself, and was referring to the original poster trying to start #.

My bad.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

If it wasn't for America tyrants would rule poorer countries. We just have the balls to stand up to them and help out the less fortunate. And yea we probably are over there for oil or what not but that is ok. We are helping people in the middle east and we are helping ourselves at the same time. 2 birds with one stone.

You don't really believe that crap do you? I don't think you do, you are smart enough to know we are over there for oil but then you use that crap about helping people to justify what goes on maybe to put what really goes on out of you mind while you are there.

Look we need our warriors but not to be exploited for big oil execs and elitist politically connected corps. But most of them have no clue why they are there and believe the line of BS they were fed in Basic and elsewhere I know as individuals many of them try to help folks in those countries if they can. And there are even some concerted efforts to help them however over all we are not helping them by being their for oil. You have seen worn torn countries and the loss of innocent lives as collateral damage all to often so how is that helping those people?

I am sure you have some strong beliefs and feelings about honor and bravery etc. We need our warriors to show that honor & bravery and not be afraid to face up to the truth. Otherwise they enable the elitist to plunder the world using them as cannon fodder.

You know who Major General Smedley Butler was don't you? The most decorated Marine of his time. If you don't I suggest you read his short book: "War is a Racket" He showed the ultimate courage in speaking out about the lies and how our warriors are exploited for Corporate interests and profits.

Check it out: www.lexrex.com...

Scroll down and read it online or copy and paste it and print it out.

It's time we face facts and start looking out for America and not corporate profits. The sooner more of our warriors show the courage of General Butler the sooner we can end all these needless wars.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by hawkiye]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

Reign02 just because you're an ex soldier doesnt mean anything, i dont have to respect you and it doesnt make you any bigger, in fact its the opposite, it makes you a criminal not a hero. if you are a real soldier you fight to defend you're own soil, not fly thousands of miles away and kill iraqi and afghan children then have you're superior tag them as talibans. most soldiers these days are worthless scum and you only need to accept that so we can move one step closer to a better world. take responsibility for you're own actions, accept the fact that you done wrong, accept that you werent fighting for you're country or you're god, you are fighting for old men who dont give a crap about you. you go and kill innocent people then demand respect because you went through it all.

whats the difference between an american soldier and a taliban jihadist?

technology maybe? i mean you both kill people... and the media is on you're side so we dont get to hear much about it.

its funny how you lashed out at Darkrunner when he was talking to me, you need to take it easy i dont get what they fed you in you're military years.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reign02
If it wasn't for America the world would be speaking in German. Stop spreading this BS propaganda because you dislike America. Believe it or not a lot of other military powers ask us to joint train with their troops because we are SO effective. If it wasn't for America tyrants would rule poorer countries. We just have the balls to stand up to them and help out the less fortunate. And yea we probably are over there for oil or what not but that is ok. We are helping people in the middle east and we are helping ourselves at the same time. 2 birds with one stone.

actually it wasnt america that liberated europe. russia did 90% of the work, they had millions of men at the eastern front and it is proven the deadliest battle in history. the russians lost millions of men but that didnt stop them.

on the other hand you landed on Normandy and lost 1500 men. well done.

this is not about how effective you're military power is, its about how you lost you're ways and now support a terrorist regime called israel.

if it wasnt for america i think the world would be a much better place, and the native americans would have made america into a paradise.

erm how are you helping the iraqis? you put saddam in power, you supported him in his war with iran, he then turned against you so you destroyed the country by carpet bombing water and electricity facilities, then you pushed sanctions that killed over 500 thousand iraqi children, then you liberate the country and forget to secure the borders. then you turn the iraqis against each other so you can steal the oil which is not working very well.

i've seen a video of american soldiers dressed in arabic clothing driving in a civilian car shooting randomly at people.

i also heard that you didnt arrest 70% of the baath officials and let them go free. by 2004 you let all the baath officials out. they are all criminals

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Let us not forget that this country was established by England's criminals and those they forced out for religious reasons...of course this was after they got rid of the true inhabitants, the American Indians.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

The main differnece between the soldiers is that one side has been invaded and the other side is resisting. People tend to forget the fact that other nations are sovereign. Liken it to going to your neighbor's house and taking his beer without his permission. Bad thing.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

actually it wasnt america that liberated europe. russia did 90% of the work, they had millions of men at the eastern front and it is proven the deadliest battle in history. the russians lost millions of men but that didnt stop them.

If it was only the Soviets, they'd have overrun Europe to the English Channel.

on the other hand you landed on Normandy and lost 1500 men. well done.

Damn well done, actually. And it was a joint effort; English, American and Canadian. And the total casualities were about 10,000 (killed, wounded, missing, captured). A little research goes a long way.

this is not about how effective you're military power is, its about how you lost you're ways and now support a terrorist regime called israel.

(In my best Doctor Evil voice). Riiigghhtt.

if it wasnt for america i think the world would be a much better place, and the native americans would have made america into a paradise.

Rigghhhttt.

erm how are you helping the iraqis? you put saddam in power, you supported him in his war with iran, he then turned against you so you destroyed the country by carpet bombing water and electricity facilities, then you pushed sanctions that killed over 500 thousand iraqi children, then you liberate the country and forget to secure the borders. then you turn the iraqis against each other so you can steal the oil which is not working very well.

Your research is, once again, lacking. Carpet bombing? Nope, sorry. Haven't done that since WW2. Try again.

Killed 500,000 children? You mean those UN Sanctions? Hmm....gotta source for that number of dead children?

Steal the oil? riiiggghhtt.

i've seen a video of american soldiers dressed in arabic clothing driving in a civilian car shooting randomly at people.

Source?

i also heard that you didnt arrest 70% of the baath officials and let them go free. by 2004 you let all the baath officials out. they are all criminals

Really? How about a source?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ForAiur
I think my idea about freedom fries was of more pressing concern. Has a nice ring to it, doesn't it? "Freedom fries"

And in case you didn't know, yes George Bush actually recommended this after France refused to help in the Middle East wars.

Maybe if Americans scrutinized their leaders better we wouldn't be made to look like utter fools and knaves...

Might want to try to read a bit of history. During WW1, they called Sauerkarut "Liberty Cabbage". Give you a hint, Bush wasn't President back then.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
"The Pew Global Attitudes Project, in an unprecedented poll spanning 47 countries and relying on 45,239 interviews, has again told us what most Americans do not want to hear. The world is pretty well disgusted with us."
www.truthdig.com...

Wow, 47 countries and a whole 45,239 interviews? That's really.....accurate.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

i wasnt gonna say anything but you just hit a button for me. WW2 HAHAHA i laugh at your pathetic attempts to justify amerika!! MAUAHAHA ok, now let me explain why i laugh. simple statistics. lets see. how many russians died in ww2? over 20000000(20 million) americans? 500000(half million). do i need say more? who won the war? who came in at the end to split the loot? BOOOOO big BOO on that one.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Where are you getting all this stuff ???

Obviously you know nothing about America, or Americans. You and your Iraqi propaganda.

Where are you from ??? Did they finally get the internet in Iran ?? .... If only dirt was a natural resource eh ?

If you want to be a little internet tough guy and judge other country's why don't you tell everyone where your from and stop being such a coward ??

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by signal2noise

you're very clever i'm guessing you're an american.

1. i didnt say the soviets done it all by themselves, but the western front was where the real battle took place, 8-10million russians were killed. they fought against over 5 million germans.

by the time you landed on the french beaches over 1.5million soldiers were relocated to fight on the eastern front instead of defend the western beaches.

there is no doubt that you had defeated the germans in western europe, but if you were fighting as many germans as the soviets then i dont think you would have progressed much, and the soviets would still have walked through berlin and conquered europe.

again i was talking about the americans not the join operation. so what was it? 1500 casualties ?

you say carpet bombing hasnt been used since ww2?

After World War II, carpet bombing was theorized to hold significant tactical value in addition to strategic roles. These theories were put into practice in the Vietnam War during Operation Rolling Thunder when B-52s were used to carpet bomb the Ho Chi Minh Trail to limited effect; later, Operation Linebacker saw improved results. During Operation Enduring Freedom carpet bombing was used as a means to destroy hardened targets in unpopulated areas, such as Taliban and Al-Qaeda positions in the Tora Bora mountains of Afghanistan.

either way this doesnt change the fact that the USA destroyed water and electricity facilities in iraq. that was the main point and you ignored it.

UN says sanctions killed 500 000 iraqi children

without oil america doesnt work, they need oil. you must have a rock up there to not see it.

regarding the soldiers dressed in civilian clothing and covered faces shooting iraqi cars, i'm still trying to find the video and i know its somewhere.

however i found this: link

the british and americans play games and pretend to be terrorists, or shia killing sunni and vise versa. its to keep them fighting, you must have a big pile of sh*t on you're face to not see through.

next time trying doing some research yourself, its not hard, just google it.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by RizeorDie]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

Where are you getting all this stuff ???

Obviously you know nothing about America, or Americans. You and your Iraqi propaganda.

Where are you from ??? Did they finally get the internet in Iran ?? .... If only dirt was a natural resource eh ?

If you want to be a little internet tough guy and judge other country's why don't you tell everyone where your from and stop being such a coward ??

how does that make me a coward and why is my location so important? its not going to change the fact that america is a zionist loving satan.

how does my country relate to the subject?

it doesnt, if you have nothing to say about the subject then dont say anything you cheese burger eating cowboy/girl rofl

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Your location is important because i'd like to see how great your country is. Surely there must be nothing wrong with it if your on here talking about another country you've never even been to.

Calling me a cheeseburger eating cowboy ?? that shows you have no idea what your talking about. Thats like calling you a goat herding, dirt eating, beard master.

Which I shall not do sir !

My guess is your a 15 yr old kid from the middle east who is confused about the world, as well as your sexuality.

so out with it already, ... age/location.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
reply to post by Reign02

www.truthdig.com...

You are being mislead.... You pick something off the internet while I have been to over 50 different countries throughout the world and never had a problem with anyone not liking Americans.... Don't believe everything that the internet tells you kid...

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

1. i didnt say the soviets done it all by themselves, but the western front was where the real battle took place, 8-10million russians were killed. they fought against over 5 million germans.

So, casualty count decides who won the war? Looks like the Russians made some bad decisions and took more KIA than the US did. Sorta doesn't put them in a good light. I guess those human wave attacks against dug in German positions were more costly than they figured.

And I think you meant "Eastern front" not "Western.

by the time you landed on the french beaches over 1.5million soldiers were relocated to fight on the eastern front instead of defend the western beaches.

Which was kinda the whole idea of attacking there and opening a second front.

there is no doubt that you had defeated the germans in western europe, but if you were fighting as many germans as the soviets then i dont think you would have progressed much, and the soviets would still have walked through berlin and conquered europe.

The US would have, but with more casualities. And I don't think the Soviets "walked thru Berlin".

again i was talking about the americans not the join operation. so what was it? 1500 casualties ?

Close. Try about 6500 total, 2500 KIA.

Well, a little research on your part would have probably come up with these figures.

you say carpet bombing hasnt been used since ww2?

After World War II, carpet bombing was theorized to hold significant tactical value in addition to strategic roles. These theories were put into practice in the Vietnam War during Operation Rolling Thunder when B-52s were used to carpet bomb the Ho Chi Minh Trail to limited effect; later, Operation Linebacker saw improved results. During Operation Enduring Freedom carpet bombing was used as a means to destroy hardened targets in unpopulated areas, such as Taliban and Al-Qaeda positions in the Tora Bora mountains of Afghanistan.

either way this doesnt change the fact that the USA destroyed water and electricity facilities in iraq. that was the main point and you ignored it.

Hmmm...where did you get that quote? And it doesn't address Iraq, but A-stan. Try again.

UN says sanctions killed 500 000 iraqi children

Link doesn't work for me. Sorry.

without oil america doesnt work, they need oil. you must have a rock up there to not see it.

Well, I never said that the US doesn't need oil, did I? Better check that rock.
. And also, you have to remember, the whole world runs on oil, not just the US.

regarding the soldiers dressed in civilian clothing and covered faces shooting iraqi cars, i'm still trying to find the video and i know its somewhere.

www.globalresearch.ca...
however i found this: link

the british and americans play games and pretend to be terrorists, or shia killing sunni and vise versa. its to keep them fighting, you must have a big pile of sh*t on you're face to not see through.

2005? Geez, well, that's current. Yeah, keep fighting. That's all the US wants, to be stuck fighting in Iraq.

next time trying doing some research yourself, its not hard, just google it.

Your research is lacking. Bad facts, no sources to back up your outlandish claims. Take your own advice.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join