It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quick thoughts on the GREAT US of A

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

The fact that you don't capitalize America kinda irks me. You obviously do not know jack# about history. Of course this is one of the top threads wth happened to ats?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
and just for the record
I have milked a cow
and it's not as easy as it looks.

I grew up on a farm which had
beef cattle, goats, chickens, pigs
and an assortment of other
critters.

And every once in a while
we would have a calf born
who was too weak to stand
to get his milk from mommy.
So we had to milk mommy
and feed the calf with a gallon
jug with a nipple on it.

I have done this 3-4 times
in my life.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
RizeorDie, I'm not trying to feed your troll belly, but whichever country you come from, I am sorry. Because if you honestly think we will collapse without taking everyone with us, you are in for a suprise. Sure Russia/China might succesfully collapse our economy, but whose to say our next president isn't some crazy f***** like me. We have 10,000 nuclear warheads, they have to get used sooner or later so be careful what you wish for

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by USamf2
Sure Russia/China might succesfully collapse our economy...

That's just it. How much business does the Chinese do with the US? How many BILLIONS of dollars of their stuff is bought and sold in the US?

Suppose the US economy goes belly up. Who's going to buy all that stuff that they use to sell to us? Europe? Africa? Russia? I doubt it. Unfortunately, the Chinese and US economies are linked together.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Op get a clue, I was born out of this country been to europe seen how it is and the conclusion i have come to is everybody is full of shint american does not have a monopoly on that. Everywere you go theres something to like and something to hate, so live were you can live with the good as well as the bad. And i'm not saying america is the greatest country in the world thats just silly, what i'm saying is it's still a better place to live then most countrys even with all the curent hardships. And if it fixes there problems it will be a great place to be. And if russia and china and middle eastern countrys have been around for thousand's of years, thats nothing to brag abouth because most of that time was spent on bull and one useless war or another lets see thousands of years of one tyrant or another, compared to some trouble in current day or past america hmm wich to chose. There is such a thing as old fools.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by signal2noise

Ya two sides of a coin one side falls the other follows.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie
Russia/China and other real superpowers existed LONG before USA even appeared on the world map. And now America is teaching the world how to live. 300 years old USA teching 4000 years old China how to live! thats Like a 3-years old kid teaching his 40 years old father. USA never participated in real wars, while Russia had both WW's on its territory, also Napoleon etc. USA can only fight in their movies and in poor countries (but even in Vietnam they lost). So I guess Amerika is the definition of an epic fail, and that amerika is the dark force known as satan, satan will support the devil worshipping zionists and thats the only reason you have cowboys in the middle east today.

the american people on the other hand are good humans that have lost their ways and dignity a long time ago. its never too late to redeem yourselves.

Like a 3 year old kid teaching a 40 year old father...That is a horrible example of an ignorant statement that you claim. We didn't loose Vietnam we pulled out because of president change and we realized that the war was not worth fighting for.

And what country are you from?? I am guessing not America, I'm guessing probably Germany by the way you spelt America wrong. Or maybe Netherlands or something similar. If it wasn't for America the world would be speaking in German. Stop spreading this BS propaganda because you dislike America. Believe it or not a lot of other military powers ask us to joint train with their troops because we are SO effective. If it wasn't for America tyrants would rule poorer countries. We just have the balls to stand up to them and help out the less fortunate. And yea we probably are over there for oil or what not but that is ok. We are helping people in the middle east and we are helping ourselves at the same time. 2 birds with one stone.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
Oh cool, another anti american star and flag fest. Isn't it past your bedtime? C'mon, if this is really all you have to add, why don't you twitter your friends at the mall and make plans for later. I guess histroy has no meaning to you and you were bored so this is what you do to pass the time.......epic fail.

another anti american? i'm sorry but if you leave america then you'll realise that the whole world is anti american except for a few zionist israelis.

you're government had dropped a big pile of sh*t on you're face now you cant see whats really happening. so what is really happening?

you're fighting a religious war for the jews. so you must attack iran to kick start the next bible prophecy, the jewish messiah aint going to come if there is no war and the jews need you to fight it for them. take back you're country.

actually you are wrong most of the world loves America and we do jointly train with a sht load of countries throughout the world. What the world hates is not the American government but most of the fat and retarded citizens who live in America that take things for granted and who are completely oblivious to current events and what is going on in the world.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
And your opinion means nothing.

Now go away, troll.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkrunner

Troll???? LOL kiddo, I am no troll and I have stated actual facts. Just because I disagree with the OP who has much less military expierience than me and has not traveled all over the world as I have. I think I can post whatever I like on these forums. I was not disrespectful in my post and you post a one liner talking about something off topic so infact you would be the troll and post whore....

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

Better check your fire. I THINK Darkrunner was talking about the OP, and not you.

But I could be wrong!

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
He could be but I doubt it. Most people hate my posts anyway because I am military and proud to be an American and I disagree with a lot of people on here.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I'm confused, Whats a 'real' war?
Are there fake wars?

All country's have done some crappy things over time. Well I cant think of anything bad that Iceland has done so I guess they get a pass.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DucTape
I'm confused, Whats a 'real' war?
Are there fake wars?

The fake wars are the ones the losers play on their PS3 in their mom's basement.

Originally posted by DucTape
All country's have done some crappy things over time. Well I cant think of anything bad that Iceland has done so I guess they get a pass.

Hmmmm....how about naming that volcano a name that most of us can't pronounce?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by Wolftotem

Most of those other imperfect nations don't base their entire worldview on being the Last best Hope For Humanity, with a god-given right to demolish any country they wish, however. That's a crucial difference. The United States is as flawed (and as good) as just about any other nation on earth, as you say. Most of these other nations, however, are lacking the Apocalyptic End Times viewpoint that the US has labored under since its inception.

I was not aware that my worldview or anyone else I know included being the "last best hope for humanity". I'm sure someone in the USA feels that way, but no one I know.

Most US citizens have a variety of religious and cultural beliefs. For example in my sons' elementary school there are over 36 different cultures represented by the students. That is very diverse.

Some religions may feel that God treats them special and has given them greater rights than others, but that does not describe my spiritual beliefs or anyone else I know.

I must assume by "apocalyptic end times" you are referring to the Christians, Jewish, and Islam members of the US? They all hold apocalyptic beliefs in their doctrines. That (again) does not match my personal views of spirituality, but those are three of the major religions of the world and in the US, but they are not the only ones.

If I remember my history correctly, the founding fathers of the US were less concerned with the end of the world and more concerned with gaining their freedom from the English Crown.

The worry with "apocalyptic, end times" goes back much further than the founding of the US, but that is a separate topic altogether.

Alas, I know of no Utopian societies on our planet. I would happily relocate, (as I'm sure most people in the world would if such a place existed). So although, I cannot live in a Utopian society, I teach my children to respect the cultures and religions of all mankind, to question anything they feel is unfair or dishonest, and above all promote love in a world that is obviously full of hate (see hate-speech scattered throughout this thread).

IMHO life is to short to be unhappy. Those who seem to be the unhappiest are the ones who feed the fires of hatred.

[Just a side note: I have milked cows (and castrated them too), grown my own food, lived off the land with no modern conveniences, and I am able to protect myself and loved ones as needed. And although many people cannot say the same, there are enough of us to teach others should some unknown catastrophe strike.]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

reply to post by Wolftotem

all governments may be evil in some way, but you're government has created a false attack on its own people killing a few hundreds, then they invade the middle east to as you like to call it 'liberate its people', but the true agenda is to break and separate the muslim world and protect the zionist state of israel, this is what its all about, religion and prophecies. The zionist want thier messiah, who apparently will only come out after a global war that will wipe 2/3 of the world population. they want a war with iran and they want you to fight it for them.

That is indeed one conspiracy theory. As with all theories it has not been proven to be correct.

There are people who commit autocracies all over the world for a variety of reasons. ALL major governments have sacrificed it's own people for one cause or another. Some governments are just more adept at covering their tracks than others and some glorify in the killing of their citizens.

*shrug* at the end of the day we are all responsible for our own actions. Love starts at home. Taking care of our planet starts at home. Spreading hate also starts at home. Your reality is what you make it, I prefer mine to be happy. How do you like your reality?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Quick thoughts about the USA?

Screwed up government but Grade A people.

Quick enough?

FK

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper
Quick thoughts about the USA?

Screwed up government but Grade A people.

Quick enough?

FK

Ya... Americans... grade A people... right...

Whatever you say...

I suppose the non-Americans just get a B for effort. Except for the Chinese, they get an F those Communists!

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I have an idea, because we love America so much, let's start calling French Fries, Freedom Fries.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ForAiur
Ya... Americans... grade A people... right...

Whatever you say...

I suppose the non-Americans just get a B for effort. Except for the Chinese, they get an F those Communists!

Lol, what?

Do you personally know any Americans, are YOU American? Have you ever been to America? Or are you just hating to hate? Because I can tell you, as a Norwegian who's spent most of his life (both as a child and adult) in America, there are some great, great people down there.

Don't hate the populace for what some idiotic government does!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join