It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quick thoughts on the GREAT US of A

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolftotem

Most of those other imperfect nations don't base their entire worldview on being the Last best Hope For Humanity, with a god-given right to demolish any country they wish, however. That's a crucial difference. The United States is as flawed (and as good) as just about any other nation on earth, as you say. Most of these other nations, however, are lacking the Apocalyptic End Times viewpoint that the US has labored under since its inception.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
America is not her government or her technology or wealth, it is her people. Americans are very generous people for teh most part and have always rallied to the cause when people are in need of help. America never lost a war till they got involved in immoral wars like Nam and the gulf now.

All the mistakes America has made or her government can be said in spades for China and Russia and most countries of the world so I would not go throwing stones.

The American people are ultimately responsible for what they allow thier government to do or even a rogue government to do in thier name. So ultimately yes we have lost our way, it is up to the people to correct thier mistakes and become what America was meant to be. The land of the free and home of the brave.

I wouldn't gloat though if I were you because the same problems that plague America plague the rest of the world and the economic meltdown is global not just in America and you will all see the final death of the society you grew up in despite what country you hail from!

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolftotem

all governments may be evil in some way, but you're government has created a false attack on its own people killing a few hundreds, then they invade the middle east to as you like to call it 'liberate its people', but the true agenda is to break and separate the muslim world and protect the zionist state of israel, this is what its all about, religion and prophecies. The zionist want thier messiah, who apparently will only come out after a global war that will wipe 2/3 of the world population. they want a war with iran and they want you to fight it for them.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Those who rule America should not be confused with the American population. Sure the majority of Americans are completely ignorant of what is going on in the world but that is only because their news is censored and their thoughts are controlled to an extent. It was America's brave foray into the idea of liberty and freedom that singled her out to be targeted the most. It is not the choice of most Americans what our government does or does not do around the globe. TPTB are pushing their agenda forward, disguised as the will of the American people. Do not be fooled by this.

Americans don't even have a real choice when it comes to their government. Our elections are all but staged. TPTB parade a couple choices in front of us and then we get to choose between the two similar puppets. Some don't even believe that we have that choice between the two either, especially since the electronic voting machines that prevent any kind of accountability.

Then, the American people never really find out about what is going on with their own government because we don't really have a free press. The MSM does their part to ensure Americans are absolutely clueless. The point here is that the majority of Americans have no way of knowing what is going on or that anything is really wrong.

Then, the ones who finally do figure it out, are not allowed to assemble for any kind of change. We have to first get permission from the government before we may assemble against them. Even if permission is given, that permission is very restrictive as to be ineffective. Those who dare, are quickly dealt with by a militarized police force.

For the ones who were able to figure just what is going on, we are basically blocked from informing the masses, both by the media and very affective indoctrination. Americans have been indoctrinated to not question authority and with all of their info being censored, it is extremely difficult to defeat that indoctrination.

Most Americans don't question reality because they have no reason to do so. They live in nice air-conditioned homes, drive shiny new cars and have all the processed foods they could ever want. Top this with the fact that they are constantly bombarded with distractions, mis/disinformation or out-right lies and who can hardly blame them for not connecting the dots? We are indoctrinated from youth to believe and trust our leaders/rulers and that anyone who may question them is either crazy or our enemy.

If Americans knew what was going on, rest assured that we would quickly band together to defeat the injustices and evil. We did it before when we kicked the crown out of our colonies and the London bankers with them. TPTB know this and that is why America is targeted the most with this brainwashing and censoring.

You can't blame America for the actions of her rulers. Americans are just as much a victim of TPTB as anyone else on earth but because of our strong will for justice, liberty and freedom, we are targeted the most for their deceit. The idea of America was once an idea of liberty and to question the authority about injustices. Now that idea has been washed out and Americans are indoctrinated to think otherwise, whether intentional or not. If we could only find that American spirit again, regardless of what country you may be in, then liberty and justice for all may become a reality sometime in the future.

Don't blame Americans for something that is not our choice. All of these things are forced down our throats as well, whether directly or indirectly. It is our government that was taken over so maybe you can petition your government to liberate us from ours. Instead of pointing fingers and blaming, we should try and awaken the sleeping giant that is the American spirit. I love my country and what she is supposed to stand for but I don't have any love for those who would use the American will for their own selfish agenda.
--airspoon

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

i agree with you, and i like you're signature.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie

i doubt it, when the military of a country is destroyed the moral will drop, there will be chaos and no one will need to land on american soil, the americans will do a great job destroying the country themselves, they will form gangs, start stealing, raping and killing each other. it will be fun for a while until they get hungry then they will starve to death because the mcdonalds will be closed.

moral of the story is that the fall of amerika will be caused by an internal factor instead of an external one.

why dont you go learn how to milk a cow? it may help you in the future.

Do you even know how to milk a cow?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Judohawk

its not that hard but there is a technique that must be learnt. in fact its easier than using a computer.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Then get off the computer and go do it.

I live in a part of the US where we are pretty self sufficient. Alot of us hunt here, grow our own stuff. Plus all the farmers who grow corn, wheat, soybeans and stuff. Not to mention all the oil being brought up.

I live in North Dakota, the population of my state is less than some of our cities in this country. Don't talk down to people when you don't know them.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Judohawk]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Judohawk
Then get off the computer and go do it.

I live in a part of the US where we are pretty self dependant. Alot of us hunt here, grow our own stuff. Plus all the farmers who grow corn, wheat, soybeans and stuff. Not to mention all the oil being brought up.

I live in North Dakota, the population of my state is less than some of our cities in this country. Don't talk down to people when you don't know them.

you said

"Don't talk down to people when you don't know them."

and earlier in that post you said

"Then get off the computer and go do it." (go milk a cow)

such a hypocrite you say things that you dont follow. i dont care if you insult me, i mean this is the internet so why not, but atleast have the balls and self respect to follow what you say, i mean you dont know me.

(i dont need to milk cows now because i can just buy it, but when the time comes and there are no shops, i would know how to milk the cow, that was the whole point)

[edit on 2-5-2010 by RizeorDie]

[edit on 2-5-2010 by RizeorDie]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I took your post before mine as an insult so when it gets to there all bets are off. What I said wasn't much of an insult btw. You've spent the whole thread throwing generalizations and steriotypes. Big difference from what I said.

Want to come back with anything else? Didn't realize someone bashing Americans had such thin skin.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

again i dont care if you insult me.

but the thing is that you said dont talk down to people you dont know, then you done it to me. so really you broke you're own words.

atleast follow what you say.

i may have spent the whole thread throwing generalizations and stereotypes, but i also dont care about insulting or talking down to people, unlike you.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Look at that, you have nothing to come back with so you keep spouting that same crap. You ever look into acquiring some humility? That's about what I said. You tell someone else to go milk a cow, I ask if you know how. You say it's not hard and that a technique must be learned. Like you've never done it but it can be learned pronto. Then you throw a line that it's easier than using a computer like I'm some dimwit who couldn't do it.

I don't judge people prematurely, nor do I look down on others. But you deserved it.

What I said applies to people I don't know. You're the equivalent of some guy I see on the streets bashing others without reason. Then I come along and call you on it. You are no longer some random person I don't know.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Judohawk]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
"(i dont need to milk cows now because i can just buy it, but when the time comes and there are no shops, i would know how to milk the cow, that was the whole point) "

Perhaps you shouldn't concern yourself so much with American habits?

I personally have never milked a cow, but can do things that are seriously much more sophisticated and complicated.

I have confidence that any American who needed to milk a cow could figure out how to do so in a few seconds.

I believe your little thread here has a hidden agenda, doesn't it?
Why don't you just come on out and say it?
What's on your mind, really?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

i fail to see you're point, you seem pissed off, go have a drink of water.

also i have milked a few cows

i dont care if i talk down to people

you seem to care about it because you told me not to do it yet you done it you're self in the same post HAHA

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

my true agenda is to get as many people as i can to hate the US of A, with everyone hating on the US of A, we can create alot of energy against that area and it will, hopefully cause the collapse of the US of A, lets just stay hopeful.

When the US of A collapses so will the evil zionist state of israel.

so you dont have to ask i will explain what the zionist want.

they want to start a war with iran that will escalate into a global war and cause the deaths of millions. only then can thier messiah arrive and rule the world from jerusalem under a one world religion.

(i'm sure anyone can figure milking a cow, but the whole point was that many americans will not know how to survive, you get hungry, you head to mcdonalds. milking a cow is one of the million things that you should know)

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

"my true agenda is to get as many people as i can to hate the US of A, with everyone hating on the US of A, we can create alot of energy against that area and it will, hopefully cause the collapse of the US of A, lets just stay hopeful. "

Okay. I can accept that as your mission. Can't say I respect it or wish you well. Can't say you are on the right track, or that your reasoning is noble or admirable.

I hope that at some point in the future, you will realize that hatred is never the answer to anything. It's not the right path. The only people who will join you in your quest for hate, are those you will find you don't want afterall.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

USA never participated in real wars.....

Then how come I remember reading in history class about the casualties that the US had in WW1 and WW2? Or was that just my imagination once again, running away with me.

I haven't been on this board for too long, but would someone care to explain to me all the stupid, "We hate the US" threads that seem to crop up? Geez, people are pretty weak if they need a boogieman to blame all their woes on.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Russia/China and other real superpowers existed LONG before USA even appeared on the world map. And now America is teaching the world how to live. 300 years old USA teching 4000 years old China how to live! thats Like a 3-years old kid teaching his 40 years old father.

I don't deny the US has done some reprehensible things. And I agree the US should basically have less involvement in the world and mind its own business...this would work out better for both the world as a whole and the citizens of the US themselves. I for one have no desire to teach anyone else how to live.

But I think comparisons like this are not quite valid. First of all, every human being has the same length of history behind him/her...the history behind those in the US is just as long as those in China; the only difference is that most people in the US came from different parts of the world, but they brought their equally-long heritages and cultural lineages with them.

Well then, one might counter-argue, what about "institutional memory"? Certainly nations like China and Russia are older than the USA, right? In actual fact, their systems of government and internal control are actually much younger. Russia dumped communism in 1990 and went from Czarizm in 1917. Both of these were much more recent than the founding of the USA. The same can be said for the governments of every nation in Europe, as well as the systems governing China and Europe...most of the world, in fact. How many other countries have had an unbroken single form of government and constitution for more than 200 years, without any radical systemic shifts such as from monarchism, etc.?

So the US system is actually older than most other government al systems currently operating! I don't see the Chinese using the old Imperial system anymore, for example. Nor on any truly meaningful level (local, technological, cultural, etc.) do such ancient systems persist any more or less in one part of the world than in any other.

Again, this is not at all an attempted justification of US overinvolvement in the world...but I think arguments based on "lack of history" per se are spurious.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

my true agenda is to get as many people as i can to hate the US of A, with everyone hating on the US of A, we can create alot of energy against that area and it will, hopefully cause the collapse of the US of A, lets just stay hopeful.

When the US of A collapses so will the evil zionist state of israel.

Are you for real, or just some troll? Just asking.

True, the US has done some bad things in the past, but what country hasn't? I doubt there isn't a single country out there that doesn't have blood on their hands. Problem is, too many people are like you and have their blinders on, fixed on blaming the US for any and every problem that comes down the pike. And that's a weak-ass way to live.

And you might want to add; when the US collapses, so will a lot of other countries besides Israel. And if you don't believe that, quit drinking the bong water and do some real research.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
It is our government that was taken over so maybe you can petition your government to liberate us from ours. Instead of pointing fingers and blaming, we should try and awaken the sleeping giant that is the American spirit. I love my country and what she is supposed to stand for but I don't have any love for those who would use the American will for their own selfish agenda.

wow, I almost cried reading that entire post.
I starred that post however I wish
I could add more stars, it was great !!!
I totally agree.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join