It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quick thoughts on the GREAT US of A

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
[edit on 2-5-2010 by Legion2112]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by 3vilscript

What potential? Your economy is dying, the national debt is a growing monster.

I as a European can't even support the US by buying American Brands of anything because most of it is produced outside the USA nowadays. (not to mention the crappy quality)

And now with an oil spill that might affect the whole world I doubt the US will ever gain back it's status as an example for the world.

The only thing that can save the economy seems to be another war.

I once read on ATS that it looked liked the US wants to use up the world's resources before it uses their own.

That's enough reason for me to believe that WW3 will happen in this century.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Grey Magic]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
If the entire world, every single country united against the United States they still wouldent be able to beat us. They might be able to destroy our military but they would never be able to even land on American soil muchless defeat us. We would annihilate any attack on our homeland. All you America haters seem to forget that 300,000,000 Americans own over 200,000,000 firearms ... 65% of the population own at least 1 firearm - and we know how to use them, we know how to fight. We will destroy any invader, and then we will chase them back to their homeland and pillage it for all it's worth. We will raze every building and kill any living breathing object.

Moral of the story, you can't defeat the unified American people so don't even bother trying. Once were united against a common enemy we become unstoppable.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by ChrisF231]

i doubt it, when the military of a country is destroyed the moral will drop, there will be chaos and no one will need to land on american soil, the americans will do a great job destroying the country themselves, they will form gangs, start stealing, raping and killing each other. it will be fun for a while until they get hungry then they will starve to death because the mcdonalds will be closed.

moral of the story is that the fall of amerika will be caused by an internal factor instead of an external one.

why dont you go learn how to milk a cow? it may help you in the future.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

i think you have provided alittle too much information than what was needed to make your point...good luck on that upcoming FBI raid.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legion2112

Originally posted by Grey Magic
reply to post by 3vilscript

And now with an oil spill that might affect the whole world I doubt the US will ever gain back it's status as an example for the world.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Grey Magic]

So now it's the fault of the U.S. that an oil rig owned by a foreign company in international waters blew up? And I suppose our fault as well that this foreign-owned company failed to accurately gauge the extent of the damage?

i dont think thats what he/she meant. the usa is already in a bad financial situation and with the oil rig spilling its not really going to benefit the USA. it will only makes things worse. if you re-read grey magics post again you might understand the point...

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Legion2112

i agree legion...BP is a british based company, and it out and out lied about how safe it's rigs were...but apparently it's americas fault...one thing is clear for sure...there are ALOT people that wish us harm, and they are all not from the middle east.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legion2112
reply to post by RizeorDie

I did re-read, and there's really not much more to take away from it or anything else here for that matter. The U.S. sucks, we're evil, the world would be better off without us, Americans are ignorant and uneducated, blah, blah, blah...

Seriously, is there any way for myself or the mods to erase all my posts in this thread? After going back through the last page or so I don't want my name anywhere near this.

the truth hurts but like i said before, its better that we tell you this now than never.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
Never participated in any wars? I guess that the revolutionary war was just a small squabil, where we took on one of the most powerful empires in the world, and with a small rag tag, poorly trained group of men were able to win.

Only because of three factors
1) The French got talked into fighting on America's side
2) The Atlantic ocean made maintaining British supply lines difficult
3) The British honestly couldn't have cared less if some backwater was rebelling; they had India, who needs the Colonies?

I suppose that we just did not have the will to fight down the pirates on the Tripoli coasts when everyone else was just paying to be left alone.

Ooooooh. Pirates.

I suppose we did not have to get involved with that lill squabil called World War I,

Not to any degree that affected the outcome of the war. Maybe shortened it by a couple of months. Which is good, don't get me wrong, but America wasn't exactly crucial. Nor did its involvement make much sense.

and WWII was a needless sacrifice, after all we did not have to go in and help free Europe and Asia from the Nazi oppression and the boots of the Japanese.

America happily supplied and made deals with both German and Japanese oppressors right up until 1941. Our involvement in World War 2 wasn't a moral imperative. Japan just pissed us off, and Germany happened to declare war on us after we declared war on Japan. it wasn't until after V-D day that America got its moral panties in a bind after the discovery of the concentration camps; almost all of which were liberated by the Russians. America could have sat World War 2 out, and Germany would have still been defeated; probably take a year longer, though. Britain would have been lost, I suppose.

In Korea we fought the Chinese to a standstill as they were aiding the North Koreans in that policing action.

Actually the Chinese only became involved after the US crossed the Korea-China border. And then the Chinese kicked US ass back to the 38th Parallel

And I suppose that the main reason why so many want to come to the USA is just a myth, that the supreme law of the USA, the Constitution of the United States of America is just a piece of fiction that so many different countries choose to use to propegate a myth of equal justice for all.

Equal justice for all so long as you're a wealthy straight white christian male, anyway.

Yes the USA is a growing country, but for all of those countries that have been around for alot longer, why then for the longest time have they looked to the USA as an example and sought for our recognition?

Some have. The results haven't been too good for them however, since the American lifestyle is wasteful, polluting, harmful to family structure, and psychologically damaging. "Live fast then die" isn't an especially stable basis for a civilization.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Legion2112

If the US dollar wouldn't be backed by oil we wouldn't be in this mess.

The thrive for greed the oil profits bring, makes the corporations do anything that is justified to keep clean energy away from us.

This conspiracy was started by Rockefeller, J.P Morgan and Thomas Edison by keeping us in the dark from the things Tesla invented.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

You really think your pistols and hunting rifles will defeat the military of any nation? Will you be shouting "WOLVERINES!!!" while you do it?

Okay, I guess you could kick Monaco's butt. Maybe stand a fair chance against, like, Jamaica. But anything Somalia or above and you're toast.

Occypation would be a hassle, simply due to the size of the country. But you don't really need to control all the boondocks and backwaters, just the major shipping routes and points of origin. Take the west coast, New York, Washington, and the stretch of Gulf Coast between New Orleans and Pensacola, maybe drop a couple bombs along I-90 and I-65, and you own the country.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
All the oil companies are in bed with each-other, how else can you explain nearly no competition at the gas pumps or from the energy companies that provide electricity?

America should never have allowed this drilling, no matter if it is in international waters.

Jeez, didn't they hear of Murphy's law?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I have left America before, lived in Germany for 4 years, visited much of Europe in that time, lived in the Bahamas for 6 months, been to Bermuda as well.......nope didn't see much anti american anything........or did you mean I didn't go to the middle east and the communist block? I really could give a spit less what anyone else thinks, we're still the greatest thing since sliced bread whenever theres a problem somewhere else in the world. It's really no different than arguing with someone who has to pull the race card because it's the only arguement they have........anyhoo......have a nice day.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie
the american people on the other hand are good humans that
have lost their ways and dignity a long time ago. its never too
late to redeem yourselves.

just for the record
not all Americans have lost their way.
Some are great people who live in
fear of their government which they
have no control over. So dont judge
all Americans by the elected officials
who makes its policies. They do not
speak for all of us in the political realm
or the spiritual one.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Um the french were more than willing to come into the war and help the Colonies fight the british. They could have said no, but they did not, as they wanted revenge, you know that lill 7 years war where the british went in and took french terriotry from them? The full potential of India did not come about until the 1800's so that does not wash.
The supplying to the Germans and the Japanese pretty much ended real quick when it was apparent that they were starting to be very aggressive towards their neighbors and they put an end to such, providing support to England and the resistence in europe. Face it, if the US did not intervene in either World War I or II, the boarders and shape of Europe and Asia would have been very different than it is today. And after the war, who provided aid to rebuild those countries, the USA.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed

I have left America before, lived in Germany for 4 years, visited much of Europe in that time, lived in the Bahamas for 6 months, been to Bermuda as well.......nope didn't see much anti american anything........or did you mean I didn't go to the middle east and the communist block? I really could give a spit less what anyone else thinks, we're still the greatest thing since sliced bread whenever theres a problem somewhere else in the world. It's really no different than arguing with someone who has to pull the race card because it's the only arguement they have........anyhoo......have a nice day.

when was the last time you were in europe?

and people are not going to be burning american flags, nor would they come up to you and say 'i hate america'.

have you had a debate with europeans on whether they liked America or not?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by RizeorDie
the american people on the other hand are good humans that
have lost their ways and dignity a long time ago. its never too
late to redeem yourselves.

just for the record
not all Americans have lost their way.
Some are great people who live in
fear of their government which they
have no control over. So dont judge
all Americans by the elected officials
who makes its policies. They do not
speak for all of us in the political realm
or the spiritual one.

Okay so its the government thats evil, but if you knowingly support an evil government where does that put you?

you're feeding the government so they can buy bigger guns.

if you live in fear of you're government then that makes you a slave and not a free person.

what else can i say

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Well, where is your government located? I can do a breakdown of the evils of it as well. Governments by nature are evil. The only reason America is failing is because we turned our back on the Constitution, which still is the greatest document for governing people.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
*groan* I couldn't just keep going, I had to post a reply. (*takes out soap box*)

I realize that many people around the world heartily dislike the US. I can understand the reasoning behind their hatred. However, I feel it is necessary to point out the fallacy of the OP. The American people are not lost, nor are we without dignity, further more, we do not need to be redeemed or obtain redemption.

Americans are good people, just like the British, Irish, Australians, Iranians, Israelis, Egyptians, Mexicans, Indians, Russians, Chinese, Japanese, South Korean, North Korean, Brazilians, Cubans, Haitians, Africans and anyone else in our world.

And just like people from every country in the world we don't agree with many things our government does. We don't think that every action in our history was the correct action to take.

America is not perfect. Yes, we have hatred. Yes, we have racism. Yes, our people argue among themselves. But at the same time, we try to improve ourselves with every generation that goes by. We try to end the hatred, racism, dishonesty, etc....found throughout our country - just like almost everyone else in the world.

And just like almost everyone else in the world, despite our problems, despite whether we agree with our government's actions, despite how the world may view us - we are proud to be who we are even if we are not always proud of where we came from or how we got here.

Most of us get up in the morning, go to work, send our children to school and try to live our lives the best way we can. Because at the end of the day, when we come home from work and see our children playing in the yard and our neighbors coming home, we know that this is our home and we love it. Don't you feel just the same at the end of your day?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join