It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quick thoughts on the GREAT US of A

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Russia/China and other real superpowers existed LONG before USA even appeared on the world map. And now America is teaching the world how to live. 300 years old USA teching 4000 years old China how to live! thats Like a 3-years old kid teaching his 40 years old father. USA never participated in real wars, while Russia had both WW's on its territory, also Napoleon etc. USA can only fight in their movies and in poor countries (but even in Vietnam they lost). So I guess Amerika is the definition of an epic fail, and that amerika is the dark force known as satan, satan will support the devil worshipping zionists and thats the only reason you have cowboys in the middle east today.

the american people on the other hand are good humans that have lost their ways and dignity a long time ago. its never too late to redeem yourselves.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
*passes your flame-proof undies*

Good luck with this one !

P.S - Might wanna put some asbestos sheets down your pants just to make sure, eh ?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Retrovertigo

lol the truth hurts, its better that they hear it now than never

to add more, the problem is that the amerikan media has successfully convinced its people that the country with better technology will always win the war, while on the other hand great historians and generals always warned to never under estimate you're enemy. a high tech machine aint gonna operate itself.

"hey i'm an a american, and the indestructible super aircraft carrier can take iran on its own. now i will go eat my double cheeseburger and watch TV."

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I don't disagree with everything you posted (I do with a good portion), but I have always believed that the greatness of this country is not in her technology, or her politics, or in her ways of fighting wars. Rather, I believe her greatness is in it's potential. We've not yet reached our potential and it's true that it would be good not to follow examples of past nations that have failed (Rome). America is an experiment. There are many flaws and many people disagree in many aspects. We make mistakes day in and day out, some of us are unwilling to recognize any of them. But you have to admit that in the short life that this nation has existed, aside from the many mistakes and failures, there have also been tremendous accomplishments. In all aspects of human life. Accomplishments that other older nations have not been able to achieve.

You say failure, I say... We're not done yet. That is progress.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie

lol the truth hurts, its better that they hear it now than never

to add more, the problem is that the amerikan media has successfully convinced its people that the country with better technology will always win the war, while on the other hand great historians and generals always warned to never under estimate you're enemy. a high tech machine aint gonna operate itself.

"hey i'm an a american, and the indestructible super aircraft carrier can take iran on its own. now i will go eat my double cheeseburger and watch TV."

Oh for sure, definitely better its heard now rather than later

And I certainly don't disagree with anything you've said, quite the opposite really...

However, I have no desire to get into a poo flinging match with the usual parade of Team USA supporters on here....Their ignorance and general lack of intelligence makes my head hurt, which means I have to take painkillers, which means I have to lay down cos I'm woozy, which means I don't get anything done and so on...

It just so counter-productive, yanno ?

Anywho...Again, good luck

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Russia/China and other real superpowers existed LONG before USA even appeared on the world map. And now America is teaching the world how to live. 300 years old USA teching 4000 years old China how to live! thats Like a 3-years old kid teaching his 40 years old father. USA never participated in real wars, while Russia had both WW's on its territory, also Napoleon etc. USA can only fight in their movies and in poor countries (but even in Vietnam they lost). So I guess Amerika is the definition of an epic fail, and that amerika is the dark force known as satan, satan will support the devil worshipping zionists and thats the only reason you have cowboys in the middle east today.

the american people on the other hand are good humans that have lost their ways and dignity a long time ago. its never too late to redeem yourselves.

Wrong.

If the same political structures that were in place 4000 years ago, were in place now, you might be nearing the truth, but, still not there. They were unsuccessful.

If the same people that were leading these old super-powers back then, were still alive, you might be even closer. But, that ain't the case either.

And, if the USA had not been "hand-built" by brilliant men from other old countries, with expertise in, and knowledge of world politics, and whom were about, specifically, learning from the mistakes of other forms of government throughout the ages, you might have had a shot. But, no.

There is a reason that the USA has risen to power so quickly, and it has nothing to do with luck.

Just because a continent has had many civilizations present over the millenia does not mean that they were successful, or even worth emulating.

And, at some point, even the super-powers you named, were infants.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Never participated in any wars? I guess that the revolutionary war was just a small squabil, where we took on one of the most powerful empires in the world, and with a small rag tag, poorly trained group of men were able to win. I suppose that we just did not have the will to fight down the pirates on the Tripoli coasts when everyone else was just paying to be left alone. I suppose we did not have to get involved with that lill squabil called World War I, and WWII was a needless sacrifice, after all we did not have to go in and help free Europe and Asia from the Nazi oppression and the boots of the Japanese. In Korea we fought the Chinese to a standstill as they were aiding the North Koreans in that policing action. And I suppose that the main reason why so many want to come to the USA is just a myth, that the supreme law of the USA, the Constitution of the United States of America is just a piece of fiction that so many different countries choose to use to propegate a myth of equal justice for all.
Yes the USA is a growing country, but for all of those countries that have been around for alot longer, why then for the longest time have they looked to the USA as an example and sought for our recognition?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

Wow you really opened my eyes to the truth.. lol.

All this time I have thought it was all of those Middle Eastern leaders running their mouths and talking smack and then running and burying themselves in holes or begging for our mercy when we decided we had enough. I must have been dreaming

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Quick thoughts...

Cannot even give it that much credit... nice try, but no dice.

My 8 year old niece knows more substance about US and World history than the o.p. lays out.

I'm sure your star/flag count will go up though.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

Quick thoughts...

Cannot even give it that much credit... nice try, but no dice.

My 8 year old niece knows more substance about US and World history than the o.p. lays out.

I'm sure your star/flag count will go up though.

hopefully, i really care about the stars and flags. without them i die

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Oh cool, another anti american star and flag fest. Isn't it past your bedtime? C'mon, if this is really all you have to add, why don't you twitter your friends at the mall and make plans for later. I guess histroy has no meaning to you and you were bored so this is what you do to pass the time.......epic fail.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlickOil

Wow you really opened my eyes to the truth.. lol.

All this time I have thought it was all of those Middle Eastern leaders running their mouths and talking smack and then running and burying themselves in holes or begging for our mercy when we decided we had enough. I must have been dreaming

which leaders are you talking about?

saddam hussien? (thats one leader)

thats one leader and the iraqis didnt like him, none the less, the arab leaders are nothing but cowards who will switch to the wining side at any moment to secure their seats.

link   
Your a confused young person. Russia was a super power, China is a strong regional power. The USA is the only superpower.

For your freedom of speech to express your asinine views, thank an American Military member.

link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Notice the OP has not disclosed his/her country?
I wonder how many "quick thoughts" one could come up with about it?

This thread isn't worth the time spent to reply ... but it made me laugh at the juvenile attempts to incite. No star/flag from me, but he/she got a laughing smilie - best I could do.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

*leaves you a tube of Silvadene just in case....*

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
Oh cool, another anti american star and flag fest. Isn't it past your bedtime? C'mon, if this is really all you have to add, why don't you twitter your friends at the mall and make plans for later. I guess histroy has no meaning to you and you were bored so this is what you do to pass the time.......epic fail.

another anti american? i'm sorry but if you leave america then you'll realise that the whole world is anti american except for a few zionist israelis.

you're government had dropped a big pile of sh*t on you're face now you cant see whats really happening. so what is really happening?

you're fighting a religious war for the jews. so you must attack iran to kick start the next bible prophecy, the jewish messiah aint going to come if there is no war and the jews need you to fight it for them. take back you're country.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Notice the OP has not disclosed his/her country?
I wonder how many "quick thoughts" one could come up with about it?

This thread isn't worth the time spent to reply ... but it made me laugh at the juvenile attempts to incite. No star/flag from me, but he/she got a laughing smilie - best I could do.

notice that even though this thread is not worth the time spent to reply, you still replied. who cares about stars and flags when you're being fed horse sh*t and you believe that america will recover one day.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

is it just you starring me?

thanks buddy lol

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
the slow, persistant, squeezing of the american throat by the massive monied interests, is turning america into another dying empire. we have become the victims of storybook inspired tales of something called the american "dream". millions of out of work people stumble from one low paying, part-time job to another. people that have a job are in constant fear of losing it, therefore working off-the clock overtime, and excepting cuts to their pay and benefits. the plan is working, as it has done for centuries. oh, it takes awhile, and the people that can hold onto gains either by the inheritance from their middle-class parents, or their own frugality with money, from a rare and scarcier, good paying job, will become a smaller, and smaller group.
it is quite simple...the wealthy of this world want you to be completely subserviant to them, and they are doing everything they can to take what little the common person has accumilated, and put in their own pocket.

and if you think this sounds crazy...why would anyone of them still want more, even after they have assets worth more then..oh say...100 million dollars?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
If the entire world, every single country united against the United States they still wouldent be able to beat us. They might be able to destroy our military but they would never be able to even land on American soil muchless defeat us. We would annihilate any attack on our homeland. All you America haters seem to forget that 300,000,000 Americans own over 200,000,000 firearms ... 65% of the population own at least 1 firearm - and we know how to use them, we know how to fight. We will destroy any invader, and then we will chase them back to their homeland and pillage it for all it's worth. We will raze every building and kill any living breathing object.

Moral of the story, you can't defeat the unified American people so don't even bother trying. Once were united against a common enemy we become unstoppable.

EDIT: those 200,000,000 guns are just the ones that are legally purchased. There's millions more that the government dosent know about ranging from fully automatic machine guns (think Browning M2 .50 machine gun and the M-60 machine gun) to mortars and artillery pieces.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by ChrisF231]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join