It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Taliban claims responsibility for NY car bomb

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Absolute savages.

Star and Flagged.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Why would anybody claim a failed car bomb. Do they want us to think of them as sub human. Maybe if they had a better school system, they could have some brilliant students. I would never claim a fail bomb attempt. Maybe they are sub human.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by grbypackers

good point I definatley agree there who indeed would claim a botched attempt to bomb anything? I have a few questions about this as well as far as I know about terror tactics as it pertains to VBIED's first of all why spend the money for what appears to be a mid 2000's yukon that looks like it is fairly maintaned to blow up? (if rented why expose yourself to such levels as the renting process requires) the vehicle appears to be parked in front of a building beside an alley way which a building would shield a blast and cut a good bit off of the kill radius of the explosive therefore minimizing the effect of the bomb itself unless of course it was set to be an anti personnell/ assasination style bombing? instead why not park in the middle of the street and simply leave the car there, I mean the exposure of the actual bomb layer would probably be just as risky doing that as to what he did do but he would maximize the ability to kill and maime especially if the bomb was remote detonated when either traffic was backed up by the vehicle blocking the intersection or just blown up when a police officer came to ticket or remove the vehicle the terror effect would have been surely maximized if the bomber would have blown up a cop. Whoever did this is a horrible person and or group and should be treated to the same degree they intend to treat others. I just dont understand why the alleged bomber would position this weapon the way it was and to what effect they intended to me it seems to be a stunt to draw attention away from other detremental events occuring in the gulf but Who knows. So yes indeed why claim a failed attempt.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
They have now come out and said that they commend his actions.. But did not train or know him.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by i944002
That's insane. It's this kind of stuff that keeps credible stories buried. You aren't denying ignorance, you are practicing a super-form of it. You really think the only people capable of terrorism are alphabet soup agencies?
You are literally out of your mind.

No sir, YOU r out of ur mind.
U have not done ur research on the
alphabet soup

You are saying you believe the ONLY people capable of terrorist acts are alphabet soup agencies, and you call me insane? I feel the need to point out how laughable the majority of the content is in this thread.

i944002

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join