It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by crusader
Seems this is the start of something new...... Domestic scare tactics On Us soils... the work of rogue elements in the Government. i dont Know, does times square Have CCTV??????? If it doesnt they will be pushing for the installation of CCTV cameras, in and around NYC..
Originally posted by boondock-saint
yep, thats it !!!
how did u get it to post ???
ISLAMABAD (AFP) – Pakistani Taliban leader Hakimullah Mehsud has vowed to attack major US cities in two purported new videos released months after his reported killing in a US missile strike.
The videos emerged after an attempted car bombing in New York City, for which his faction claimed responsibility in a third video, and provided the most substantial evidence so far that he survived a US attempt on his life.
Mehsud threatened to retaliate against the United States for the killing of Islamist militant leaders, appearing in a nine-minute video allegedly made on April 4, after his supposed death in January.
The videos spotlight the Islamist militant threat in nuclear-armed Pakistan, which the United States has put on the front line of the war on Al-Qaeda and where Pakistani troops have waged multiple offensives against the Taliban.
"The time is very near when our fedayeen will attack the American states in the major cities," said Mehsud, who was seen flanked by two armed and masked men in the video released by the SITE and IntelCenter monitoring groups.
The video is the first showing Mehsud since January and was issued on the heels of a claim by Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan that it was behind the attempted bombing in New York's Time Square on Saturday.
US officials believed Mehsud was likely killed in a US drone strike in northwestern Pakistan on January 14, but the Taliban denied his death and Pakistani intelligence officials said last week that he had survived.
The Islamist leader, who took over leadership of the TTP last August, rubbished reports of his death as an "open lie and propaganda".
This incident bears several similarities to the attacks in London on June 29, 2007, when two failed vehicle bombs were placed in central London entertainment districts during the evening in an attempt to cause mass casualties. Like the Times Square device, the London devices also contained propane tanks and cans of gasoline with a low explosive initiator charge — though the New York device reportedly used a timer instead of a cell phone to activate the device.
The investigation into the Times Square car bomb has started to reveal information that suggests the failed attack was the work of an international plot, a senior administration official told Fox News.
A Pakistani Taliban group released a videotape that appeared to claim responsibility for the incident, but New York City officials said they had no evidence to support that.
Investigators aren't certain whether he is the same man who drove the rolling bomb to the Crossroads of the World, but he has not been seen by his girlfriend - and has not shown up at his home or job - since the frightening incident on Saturday night.
Detectives from the NYPD and FBI identified the SUV owner after tracking down the registration of the previous owner, who told investigators he'd sold the vehicle.
The mystery man met the seller through craigslist.com and paid $1,800 cash for the Pathfinder, the Daily News has learned.
The revelation came as:
- The News learned from sources that forensic evidence found in the Pathfinder points to the possibility that whoever prepared the car bomb has links to foreign terrorists.
Read more: www.nydailynews.com... uMg8PnD
An American man of Pakistani descent taken into custody in connection with the botched car bombing in New York City's Times Square was due to appear in court Tuesday.
The man, a U.S. citizen who had recently returned from a trip to Pakistan, was identified by officials as 30-year-old Faisal Shahzad. He was detained at 11:45 p.m. Monday night at John F. Kennedy Airport in New York before an overseas flight. Attorney General Eric Holder said at a news conference early Tuesday morning that Mr. Shahzad was preparing to fly to Dubai.
Mr. Shahzad, who was born in Karachi and left Pakistan at an unknown date for the U.S., was back in Pakistan between July and August 2009, Pakistani police and intelligence officials said Tuesday. During that trip he traveled to Peshawar, a gateway town to the tribal areas where the Pakistan army is engaged in a war against the Taliban. It was immediately unclear if he made subsequent visits to Pakistan.
U.S. citizen from Pakistan arrested in Times Square bomb case
By Spencer S. Hsu, Anne E. Kornblut and Jerry Markon
Tuesday, May 4, 2010; 9:00 AM
A 30-year-old American immigrant from Pakistan was taken off a plane bound for Dubai late Monday at John F. Kennedy International Airport and arrested in connection with a failed attempt to detonate a car bomb in Times Square, Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. announced.
Authorities said Faisal Shahzad of Shelton, Conn., had paid cash for a Nissan Pathfinder that was found packed with explosives Saturday night on a tourist-crowded block in Midtown Manhattan. The vehicle was set ablaze but failed to detonate.
Officials located Shahzad after a sweeping two-day investigation that yielded what senior Obama administration officials described as a flood of international and domestic clues suggesting a plot involving more than one person.
"At this time, we believe [Shahzad] is responsible for assembling the bomb and driving to the site," another law enforcement official said, while cautioning, "If we learn later that in Pakistan he has done something in addition, I don't know."
The Strata Sphere is all over this story.
Confessed terrorist Faisal Shahzad was removed from the Department of Homeland Security travel lookout list sometime after Barack Obama came into office.
Sources tell CBS News that would-be Times Square bomber Faisal Shahzad appeared on a Department of Homeland Security travel lookout list – Traveler Enforcement Compliance System (TECS) – between 1999 and 2008 because he brought approximately $80,000 cash or cash instruments into the United States.
The New York Times reported that the person who bought Faisal’s apartment back in 2004 was interviewed by federal investigators.
George LaMonica, a 35-year-old computer consultant, said he bought his two-bedroom condominium in Norwalk, Conn., from Mr. Shahzad for $261,000 in May 2004. A few weeks after he moved in, Mr. LaMonica said, investigators from the national Joint Terrorism Task Force [JTTF] interviewed him, asking for details of the transaction and for information about Mr. Shahzad. It struck Mr. LaMonica as unusual, but he said detectives told him they were simply “checking everything out.”
Barack Obama began shutting down Bush-era terrorist investigations last year including the investigation of Faisal Shahzad.
We all know what happened next.
Last week Faisal almost blew a hole in the middle of Times Square.
The only thing that saved the people of New York was Faisal’s incompetence.