It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goldman Sachs CEO Full of It !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Goldman Sachs CEO Blankfein is currently on CFR (Council on Foreign Relations) member Fareed Zakaria's show on CNN.

He just quoted "When we have money, we can lend it out once, at which time it has to be replaced through investments in order to keep lending".

WHAT A CROCK!

If this guy can lie about that quite openly (when we all know that banks can lend money over and over through fractional reserve lending), I can't believe anything he says, either on this show or to Congress.

He's also claiming that the Government "overextended itself" during the current crisis. How did they do that Mr Blankfein, by BAILING YOU OUT.

Now he's claiming that they aren't the bad guy for shorting their own derivatives as they lost money during the crash. They may have lost money, but they were still betting against their own investment recommendations. Time to kick this guy out.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by babybunnies]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Excuse me but I am missing your point...

What I understand is that when banks create money/loan it out, that created money is actually debt. When the debt is repaid, that money is destroyed.

Now, Banks CAN loan out a crap load of money...but how do you figure they can loan out an infinite number without breaking the law?

Since there is a reserve requirement, that results in a limit of how much additional money the bank can lend out.

Also known as the money multiplier.

If the reserve ratio is 10%, 1/.1 = 10.

10 x the initial deposit is how much money will be "created".

Banks can increase the money supply of the economy by the multiplier. To increase it further, as I understand, there needs to be money thrown in by the federal reserve. Of course, this follows my basic and legal understanding of the banking system. Who knows if something else goes on.

So...can you explain to me what YOU mean?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by FritosBBQTwist

Banks can increase the money supply of the economy by the multiplier. To increase it further, as I understand, there needs to be money thrown in by the federal reserve. Of course, this follows my basic and legal understanding of the banking system.

Who knows if something else goes on.

So...can you explain to me what YOU mean?

i don't know whats going on with this rash of multiple posts...
even before i'm finished with my text reply.

Now; to get my input on record....
as to increasing the multiplier,

To increase it further, as I understand, there needs to be money thrown in by the federal reserve

the bank itself was able to create collateral to therefore increase the ammount of money it can lend out (at risk)

creative banks like MS & GS found out that creating derivatives, CDO
s and other exotic paper ->> is just like creating money out-of-thin-air,
and they can then increase their allowable fractional reserve holdings so they will be able to lend out 40X70X or more times their deposit base their charter allows them to lend.

up till the crisis overloaded the financial indudstry and the TARP fund was created... only the FederalReserve was permitted to creat money out-of-thin-air.

but since then, the FED, & Treasury has effectively given these financial elites the privledge of creating money by endorsing the faulty/& mostly fraudulent 'paper' aka CDOs, swaps, derivatives and other abstract Bonds as being 'legal tender' that has a value of 100 cents to the dollar of Federal Reserve Notes

i do say this is nothing other than counterfieting by the likes of the 12 or so elite/too-big-to-fail institutions that are hiding under the cover of being labled 'banks'.
this is not some abstract rationalization, operating in a theoretical economist domain... these are all "king-pin" criminal activities, imho

[edit on 2-5-2010 by St Udio]

link   

Originally posted by FritosBBQTwist
[

link   

Originally

top topics