It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Times Square car bomb: police investigate South Park link

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

www.telegraph.co .uk

The device, which failed to detonate, was left near the offices of Viacom, which owns the irreverent cartoon series.

Last month postings on an Islamic website warned the creators of South Park - Matt Stone and Trey Parker - that they could face violent reprisals after an episode of the show featured Muhammad in a bear suit
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
This story is getting more and more interesting,in hindsight im surprised nobody has guessed this,as i said in a previous thread cant fight fire with fire.

"A T-shirt vendor, who was a Vietnam veteran, alerted police when he noticed smoke coming out of it".

I hope that guy gets the thanks he deserves,thankyou for your time

edit~Another link i just found which says the devices are similar to ones used in uk 2007.

link~timesonline.typepad.com...

not sure myself how relevant it is.

regards

www.telegraph.co .uk

[edit on 2-5-2010 by FeatheredSerpent]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
How surprised are we supposed to be, really? Anytime Mohammed is involved, violence ensues.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
didn't anyone actually watch the show? SANTA was in the bear suit, not Mo....

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
this all sounds fishy to me. False flagish to compete with the oil spill reaching the coast line? I don't know. I wonder what kind of SUV that was. How easy is it to get an SUV cleanly and plant it in times square without being seen? There are cameras everywhere you would think they would video tape the guy getting out of the SUV. Where exactly was the SUV parked?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
If this was true, then the criminal(s) is one dumb mass of meat as Comedy Central's NYC office is 10 blocks or so away from where the car was actually left. That would have sent a much better message regarding religious extemism compared to parking in front of the Lion King. Also, I highly doubt any Islamic connection to this since it wasn't a suicide bomber but instead a coward. Probably it'll end up as a lone "nut" rallying against capitalist America, as it was May Day, leading to new regulations on the purchase of fireworks or alarm clocks (not sure which one is more likely).

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
it was the ginger kids!

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by thomasblackraven
If this was true, then the criminal(s) is one dumb mass of meat as Comedy Central's NYC office is 10 blocks or so away from where the car was actually left. That would have sent a much better message regarding religious extemism compared to parking in front of the Lion King. Also, I highly doubt any Islamic connection to this since it wasn't a suicide bomber but instead a coward. Probably it'll end up as a lone "nut" rallying against capitalist America, as it was May Day, leading to new regulations on the purchase of fireworks or alarm clocks (not sure which one is more likely).

Dang, guess they'll now have to go by the moto:

)O(BUILD FOR YOURSELF)O(

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by FeatheredSerpent

www.telegraph.co .uk

The device, which failed to detonate, was left near the offices of Viacom, which owns the irreverent cartoon series.

Last month postings on an Islamic website warned the creators of South Park - Matt Stone and Trey Parker - that they could face violent reprisals after an episode of the show featured Muhammad in a bear suit

OH that didn't even cross my mind, interesting.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
So this was in TImes Square? I wonder how many security cameras caught video or pictures of who happened to leave the car?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

I wont be surprised if the culprit just conveniently happened to get by all the cameras unnoticed, or jumped in a sewer or another kind of explanation as to why he wont be caught.
Then again, maybe someone will be caught and get blamed for it, after that you can expect more "security over freedom"-type of stuff.
Hopefully, I'm wrong.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by danielhanson420
it was the ginger kids!

Maybe. But maybe it was ManBearPig..( raises one eyebrow )...

L2

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I suppose the SUV turned out to be stolen?

There's gotta be video somewhere on this..

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
has anyone seen this homeland security ladie blink is she on ecky's or something. just seen her on sky news and she lloks high as a muthaf***a

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Pakistani Taliban claim credit for failed NYC Times Square car bombing

Read more: www.longwarjournal.org...

A top Pakistani Taliban commander took credit for yesterday's failed car bomb attack in New York City.

Qari Hussain Mehsud, the top bomb maker for the Movement of the Taliban in Pakistan, said he takes "fully responsibility for the recent attack in the USA." Qari Hussain made the claim on an audiotape accompanied by images that was released on a YouTube website that calls itself the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan News Channel.

The tape has yet to be verified, but US intelligence officials contacted by The Long War Journal believe it is legitimate. The Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan News Channel on YouTube was created on April 30. Officials believe it was created to announce the Times Square attack, and Qari Hussain’s statement was pre-recorded.
qari-hussain.JPG

Qari Hussain Mehsud. Image is from a Pakistani Army wanted poster.

"This attack is a revenge for the great & valuable martyred leaders of mujahideen," Qari Hussain said. He listed Baitullah Mehsud, the former leader of the Pakistani Taliban who was killed in a Predator strike in August 2009, and Abu Omar al Baghdadi, the former leader of al Qaeda Islamic State of Iraq who was killed by Iraqi forces in mid-April. And although he was not mentioned, an image of Abu Ayyub al Masri, the leader of al Qaeda in Iraq, was also displayed in the images accompanying the audiotape.

Qari Hussain also said the failed attack was "revenge for the Global American interference & terrorism in Muslim countries, especially in Pakistan for Lal Masjid operation," a reference to the July 2008 Pakistani military assault on Islamists holed up in the Red Mosque in Islamabad, as well as Predator strikes in Pakistan's tribal areas and the arrest and detention of Pakistani scientist Aifa Siddique.

Read more: www.longwarjournal.org...

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by danielhanson420
it was the ginger kids!

Oh crap! Maybe this is what sparks the ginger genocide in MIA's "Born Free" music video.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Interesting. They don't need the VIN to track the owner of the SUV down. The VIN is recorded in more than one place on a vehicle, anyway.

Remember OKC? The FBI tracked the truck from a serial number on what was left of a rear axle, IIRC.

Police currently do not have a suspect. The license plate is not registered to the Nissan, and the vehicle identification number has been removed. Police are also looking at video from surrounding stores to see if they can determine anything about the identity of the bomber.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
BTW this the same mujahideen which america funded, created and supported for the war in bosnia.

http:// newsimg.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klavier
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

I wont be surprised if the culprit just conveniently happened to get by all the cameras unnoticed, or jumped in a sewer or another kind of explanation as to why he wont be caught.
Then again, maybe someone will be caught and get blamed for it, after that you can expect more "security over freedom"-type of stuff.
Hopefully, I'm wrong.
or just was wearing a burka.... anyone can hide under the islamic cloak and be free to walk about unchallenged by the police....its fking nuts...

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
An update~news.bbc.co.uk...

A Pakistani-based militant group has issued a message claiming responsibility, but that could be opportunistic and US officials will want to wait for more evidence before pointing the finger, the BBC's security correspondent Gordon Corera says. ~quote from news article

Id like to see a video if there is one,im still curious.

edit~link~www.reuters.com...

regards

[edit on 02/05/10 by FeatheredSerpent]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join