It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Korea vows to retaliate over warship sinking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   

South Korea vows to retaliate over warship sinking

news.bbc.co.uk

South Korea's defence minister has said those responsible for the deaths of 46 sailors on board a warship that sank after an explosion must "pay a price".

Kim Tae-young promised "punitive action" against "the perpetrators who killed our soldiers."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Sabre rattling? or a genuine statement?

One thing that bugs me about this is it all seems a bit empty... If they think (or know) its North Korea who is responsible, then come out and say it!! But according to this article the North Koreans (nor anyone else) have been officially blamed!

Dont just make empty threats aimed at thin air... just seems pointless...

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Muckster]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

yea, but its kind of funny that everyone secretly know it was probably the North, because they are the ones always talkin crap, but you cant just come out and say it if you have no proof. Its like when someone takes something off your desk, and it could have been a couple of people, but you suspect the person who is known for doing those things all the time,
but you cant prove it, and they will deny it till the end.
SK has every right to be pissed, and IF it was NK, well my respect for them(What Little That Was left)is now gone.
But like I said earlier, you just cant blame them, you have to wait for them to get the set to come to your face and tell you straight up they did it. But that wont happen either.

also, SK, hell they could have ridden over a boobytrap in the ocean of some sort.
I think NK is more interested in talkin crap than kickin ass. Reminds me of one of those little rat dogs.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
N. Korean leader's trip to China seen imminent: source

A trip to China by North Korean leader Kim Jong-il appears imminent, a South Korean government source said Sunday.

The North's leader "has not crossed into China yet, but it appears highly likely that his Chinese trip would come either today or tomorrow as a considerable level of preparations have been done," the source said on condition of anonymity.

Hope the Chinese give this little rat dog a good hiding and tell him to behave or get replaced. Unless China want to start a war... then they'll give him a pat on the back.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by john124]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
They can't come out and just say it, even if they already have proof (which I think they might have). If they do come out with proof then they are forced politically, at home, to do something about it immediately. If I were them, I would want it to be when I wanted it to be, not when forced by the North.

new topics

top topics

join