It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Disbelievers On This Board ??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
hi,

extra terrestrials do not exist...in the sense that they 'pop' in here every now and a again for the odd cow or human....

think of it logically.....physics for one...apply at the end of the universe..if their is one, and here.....

Faster than light speed is not possible unless there is some unknown physics going on....and that is all just speculation. warp bubbles, trans warp drives..

communication...it takes 9 mins to talk to mars, 18mins round coversation... in space terms, in the same room useless.....

nearest star proxima centauri 4.2 light years....list here of nearest stars
www.astro.wisc.edu...

travelling (not possible) at the speed of light will take 4.2 years....
a conversation would well be a party stopper
"hello hw are you"
8.4 years later
"we're fine and you?"

Of course other "life" exists out there in the universe, but everyone is so far apart from everyone else, we all might as well be alone.

Seti hasn't come up with anything even 15ly away..the further away the less chance of contact.....

does any really think that if space travel is possible that a society advanced enough would care or even bother with some low life like the human race that can't even run a decent world without blowing the # out of each other at a moments notice.....like spoilt brats in a school playground

original crop circles recorded over the millenium are those created by vorticies of one form or another, the highly complex ones are humans with an agenda, or a hoax laugh at the easily led.

Humans need their demons....this is just another case of demon worship.....
aliens they are the latest fad of a millenim of fads.....

the scientific age requires a scientific demon......little grey people fit the bill perfectly.

How easy it is to dismiss these so called aliens for not being up front as doing covert things, observation, biological experiments....give me a break!

abductions take place to people with vivid imaginations, the wanting to be involved in something.....in the early years it was visions of god, angels or any god, how many people have "come back2 as the world great, never a victim of the plague and now its about extraterrestrials.......

What I say wont convince anyone who believes and I dont care to try to.....
there are enough people out there who believe anything....from god to aliens...thats their perogative.....such a waste of time and space, but if thats what they want to invest in...who am I to say different

Fact aliens do not local exist.
Fact God does not exist anywhere
No one but NO ONE can positivly PROOVE these things exist.....
AND IT ISN'T DOWN TO ME TO DISPROVE THEM
it is ALL FAITH ....a belief sysytem...not based on reality or truth....

if people care to indulge..let them....
it keeps them off the street and doing my head in.....

and just prooves to me how completely stupid, vunerable and easily brainwashed people can be, and led up the garden path and down again.....an example would be George W. Bush claim about WMDs in Iraq and how many people believed that around the world, not to mention the other crap given out by governments....

the world sucks big time....because people cannot be in the slightest bothered to use their brains..but instead allow themselves to be sheep of the most stupidest of kinds and not using any logical processes about or within their lives.....

in short the human race is a joke...and anyone who would reckon aliens (even if they existed) would be even the slightest interst in us ( talk about self deluded egotism) is in cloud cookoo land

altair

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I tend to be a right winger - that they exist. That Drake equation is interesting. Any thoughts on the veracity of that equation? Also, perhaps the force (Aliens) with their mind control techniques and such are so great that even if we wanted to conclusively determine their existence in our own minds, it would be impossible (i.e. memory wipes, abductions, telepathy, etc.). Admittidly unlikely, but if they are that advanced, why not? We have practiced mind control in a civilized academic fashion as human beings since the late 1800's starting with Charcot's French Hypnotic Laboratories. What about MKULTRA?

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Life in it self proofs that life exist. religion is a more sutable "project" for dissbelievers.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyateLaBoca
I've only came across 1 or 2 disbelievers of extraterrestrials so far on this board. Are there any more out there?

[edit on 6-6-2004 by John bull 1]

Depends what you mean by extraterrestrials...

Little Green Men from the stars? Hehe. No.

Angels? Yup. Both good & evil.

I am a Creationist Christian who believes in a literal interpretation of the Bible....

Let the games begin!!!

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
What would your thoughts about Extraterrestrials/Aliens be if you never had seen any movie nor heard of Religion? You would never thought about green men or devils or angels nothing, it would be plane Beings from outer space. There is much *crap* folks take in their mind.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by altair
extra terrestrials do not exist...in the sense that they 'pop' in here every now and a again for the odd cow or human....

think of it logically.....physics for one...apply at the end of the universe..if their is one, and here.....

Faster than light speed is not possible unless there is some unknown physics going on....and that is all just speculation. warp bubbles, trans warp drives..

For the 500 Billionth time I hear the same comments, physics, not able to go faster than the speed pf light etc... etc... I would advise everyone to stop judging any abilities of any extraterrestial beings and their means of transportation based on what we know in physics. What we know may be incomplete, and the notion that Alien beings could be non-physical (were physics laws do not apply) is always completely left out. I've seen different beings while out of body. I have my personal proof that there are beings out there that are not even slightly resembling humans at all, so I know that there is a good chance that there could be extraterrestials that do not live in the physical world, so they do not have the often mentioned limitations in traveling to Earth.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by altair

original crop circles recorded over the millenium are those created by vorticies of one form or another, the highly complex ones are humans with an agenda, or a hoax laugh at the easily led.

Uhmm.. no, there is no conclusive evidence that humans have made all complex crop circles, there is actually lots of doubt whether humans can dublicate all the anomalies that have been found in cropcirles, and within a certain time period.

No one but NO ONE can positivly PROOVE these things exist.....
AND IT ISN'T DOWN TO ME TO DISPROVE THEM
it is ALL FAITH ....a belief sysytem...not based on reality or truth....

Learn Astral Projection, you can actually prove to yourself if they exist then.

and just prooves to me how completely stupid, vunerable and easily brainwashed people can be, and led up the garden path and down again.....

I agree that people can be stupid and easily brainwashed, but that does not give you any right for you to judge all hundreds of millions or billions of UFO and/or alien sightings and/or sightings of other phenomena, as hallucinations, or as lunacy because you think it is so.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Would not God be considered an extra-terrestrial? This is part of an introductory button to click on the Bible Code website, www.onealclan.com:

"Code of Life.� All life on this planet came from a code, imprinted in a single DNA molecule. But no one knows where the code of life came from. The world�s most eminent authority on DNA is Francis Crick of the Salk Institute in San Diego.� Dr. Crick told author Michael Drosnin, 'A primitive form of life was planted � deliberately.�� Within the Torah is found the hidden message, �DNA was brought in a vehicle. Your seed. In a vehicle, your seed.'�(paraphrased from Michael Drosnin.)"

Traveling researcher and webmaster Robert Walker O'Neal, MS-M, has a great deal of information on this and other topics on the site and a free newsletter for interested site visitors.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I don't really buy the theories about reptilians being here right now and living among us, diguised as our leaders and such.

But I do believe that somewhere out there are other forms of life. It would be ignorant not to. The universe is huuuuge, you'd have to have a very very large ego to think that we're the only intelligent species of life in the huge universe.

Has anyone ever thought that there might be ETs out there without all this incredible technology? Some civilizations that exist but are like us without the ability to travel all over the place? I'm sure that's probably the case with some ETs. Maybe "greys and reptilians" arent the only ones out there.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I wrote a blog about why I don't believe in extraterrestial life. The odds in favor of the possibility are so miniscule that to me it is a huge inferential "NO."

On the other hand, you can never logically prove a negative assertion.

I've seen lots of strange stuff in the sky, but that is a different issue. Nothing to do with space beings per se.

I don't need ET's to explain how the universe functions in my worldview. And occam's razor says the simplest explanation is usually the best.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
I wrote a blog about why I don't believe in extraterrestial life. The odds in favor of the possibility are so miniscule that to me it is a huge inferential "NO."

Why do you say the odds are miniscule? Do you understand how large the Universe is? There are so many galaxies, so many stars, so many planets out there. I'd say that the odds are enormous that there is life out there somewhere. Probably not little green men cruising around in saucers, but I think the odds are great that atleast something is out there.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

I don't need ET's to explain how the universe functions in my worldview. And occam's razor says the simplest explanation is usually the best.

Occam's razor is pseudoscience at best... The simplest explanation is not always the best, or the most accurate...

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I neither believe nor disbelieve in aliens. They are a reasonable possibility within our experienced reality and will remain as a Possibility until one comes up and bites me on the ass.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
it would be pretty arrogant to think that we are the only planet with life on it in the entire universe. Even more arrogant to think that there is no "comparable" species out there.

That said, I don't believe in 99% of the crap you read about sightings, encounters, abductions etc.

They might be out there and they might be watching us but I find it extremely hard to believe they are poking our rednecks and our farmers in the butt and redepositing them back on the earth.

I've said it on these boards before, if our scientists got ahold of an alien life form, it would end up being studied and observed and communicated with, if possible. Our scientists wouldn't shove an anal probe in ET and then send him home.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
There has to be other life for if life could have started on this worthless rock we call Earth then there has to be other life out there.... somewhere..... a few million lightyears away....

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I think that the question really becomes, "Will the human race exist long enough to encounter EBEs because of the issue of transversing long distences?" That is were the problem lies.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Occam's razor is pseudoscience at best... The simplest explanation is not always the best, or the most accurate...
Using common sense and critical thinking to come up with the likeliest explanation to something that cannot be immediately identified is not a pseudoscience. The simplist answers does tend to be the best and accurate.

John is driving one night and his lights flicker, his engine sputters and his car shuts down and slows to a stop...now John is a UFO believer so he gets out from his car and throws his hands up in the air and waits for his anal probing. Was it aliens or was it the alternator? It was aliens if you aren't using common sense...Occams Razor says it was an engine mishap.

Tilly is sitting in her house, reading a book when suddenly a huge wind slams through her house and is gone in a flash but not before blowing down her valuable plates and her plants. Was it a UFO or nothing more than El Nino?

Don't put down Occams Razor as a pseudoscience when the UFO community regularly put quacks like Icke and Reed on a pedestal as "experts". O.R. is a sound way of looking at something.

[edit on 6/7/2004 by Sinobyte]

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
You're playing basketball with your friends, one of them is not really that good at playing the game. The game's just over and while everyones walking away from the court, the one who's no that good, makes a 40 foot shot while no one is seeing. Furthermore, he goes running to the direction of the rim, right after shooting the ball to retrieve it. Everyone hears the ball hit the rim and turns around to see the ball bouncing away below the rim, and the guy standing not at the spot where he made the shot, but only 25 feet away from the rim, because he was running to the rim right after he made the shot. So did he make a 50 foot shot, or is there a simpler explanation that the ball simply bounced off of the rim, or that it was just a 30 foot shot, because of where they saw him when they turned around?

A guy goes to sleep and dreams about a tribe of people running around with spears that have holes in them. Then he wakes up and gets the idea for the problem he's being struggling with for a while to make the sowing machine. He invents the needle. Is it telepathy, precognition, paranormal intervention, or just his mind coming up with the answer.

A person experiences cardiac arrest and is brain dead, so there is no brain activity. The person is brought back to consciousness and begins to describe events related to an NDE experience, bright lights, conversations that people had in a different part of the hospital at the time of cardiac arrest, which can be verified later by the people having the conversation. So what is it, was the person really out of his/her body, or was it the more simpler explanation? A mental hallucination???

A man goes out into the astral world and meets a ball shaped ET, which actually shows him it's homeplanet by traveling (like how the traveler described) millions of lightyears in mere seconds. Furthermore, he regularly meets in the astral world with fellow ap-ers, after which they then compare the experiences later in the phyisical world.
Real astral projection, or the most simpler explanation mass hallucination or outright lie???

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Using circumstances that aren't common to everyday life might seem to you like it proves Occams Razor doesn't work but as I said before in many other posts, critical thinking will answer most questions we're confronted with. There's always going to be things that cannot be adequately explained on both sides of the coin but that doesn't mean using common sense doesn't work. Many times the easiest explanation tends to be the correct explanation because it's been proven to be the best explanation.

Johns car didn't stop because of aliens, it was a bad battery cable.
Tilly's valuables didn't fall over because of a gust of wind created by a UFO, it was El Nino.
Mikey hears voices because he has a brain tumor or is mentally ill.
Joey lost time yesterday because of his diabetic seizure, not an abduction.

A responsible UFO/Paranormal believer will use common sense and critical thinking to answer questions before jumping to a less likely or provable conclusion simply because they "want" to believe.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Here is a computer model which shows occam's razor to be wrong.

www.cs.ucl.ac.uk...

And it does not apply to anything about UFO's, or paranormal activity. It was not intended to be used in that way.

Occam's razor was used against Edison to "debunk" his claims for allowing two people to contact eachother over big distances, they said it was ventriloquism. Yet today we use telephones and even cellphones. We don't know everything, so there can be other factor's involved that we wouldn't have any idea about that could actually make Aliens and/or paranormal phenomena the simplest explanations according to occam's razor. Occam's razor is not absolute, but relative based on what we know about what and how the world, and universe works. And I think we are still limited in our knowledge of that, and are in no way capable of debunking phenomena because of occam's razor... Simply because we don't know everything. (And ironically, there's occam's razor for you)...

Furthermore, it's not applicable to all of the sciences.

"To begin with we used Occam's razor to separate theories which would predict the same result for all experiments. Now we are trying to choose between theories which make different predictions. This is not what Occam intended��..

The principle of simplicity works as a heuristic rule-of-thumb but some people quote it as if it is an axiom of physics. It is not. It can work well in philosophy or particle physics, but less often so in cosmology or psychology, where things usually turn out to be more complicated than you ever expected. Perhaps a quote from Shakespeare would be more appropriate than Occam's razor: "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

www.victorzammit.com...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join