It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ronald Reagan's occult interests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Wanted to let you know of this Washington Post article about ex. US President Reagans occult interests.

We all know that Ronald and Nancy Reagan consulted astrologers, but apparently the 40th president was also well-versed in the writings of occult scholar Manly P. Hall, most famous for his 1928 tome The Secret Teachings of All Ages. Over at the Washington Post, former BB guestblogger Mitch Horowitz, author of the excellent "Occult America: The Secret History of How Mysticism Shaped Our Nation," explores the Reagan-Hall connection. -BoingBoing

Washington Post article

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Acharya]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Yes, Mr. Reagan and his wifes seemed to be more than just interested in the occult. Virtually every official decision ever made by RayGun at the behest of psychics and astrologers.
Here is a decent little article that gets a little bit more in to the details.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Acharya

Interesting articles, both OP and Brahamite..

I remembering reading a few books about Lincoln that portraited him as well as being heavily into the occult. As well as being a manic depressed person, possibly bi-polar, when his son died in Office he and his wife would hold midnight seances to speak to the dead inside the White House.

It was also said that Lincoln was prepared to die throughout his entire presidency, even getting angry when people tried to tell him othrewise.. I believe he was quoted as calling himself a doomed man of sorts. He's a very interesting guy to read about, his life pretty much sucked.. I mean, he had children die, parents die, almost all of his best friends died by his command in the Civil War, and then you add in all the occultism .. like I said, interesting guy.

And I think most of our Presidents have been a little ..... weird. I think you have to be an odd person to even want the job.

new topics

join