It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some interesting Russian Cosmonaut and Pilot UFO sightings.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
For those interested in this matter and perhaps not saw this before are here some interesting statements and videos of Russian Cosmonaut and Pilot encounters with UFO’s.

Russian Cosmonauts’ UFO sightings and statements

Cosmonauts Vladamir Kovalenok and Viktor Savinykh
“On May 5, 1981, we were in orbit [in the Salyut-6]. I saw an object that didn’t resemble any cosmic objects I’m familiar with. It was a round object which resembled a melon, round and a little bit elongated.

In front of this object was something that resembled a gyrating depressed cone, I can draw it, it’s difficult to describe. The object resembles a barbell.

I saw it becoming transparent and like with a ‘body’ inside. At the other end I saw something like gas discharging, like a reactive object.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f29a6c8c1f5d.jpg[/atsimg]

Then something happened that is very difficult for me to describe from the point of view of physics… I have to recognize that it did not have an artificial origin. It was not artificial because an artificial object couldn’t attain this form.

I don’t know of anything that can make this movement… tightening, then expanding, pulsating. Then as I was observing something happened, two explosions.

One explosion, and then 0.5 seconds later, the second part exploded. I called my colleague Viktor [Savinykh], but he didn’t arrive in time to see anything.

A page from Cosmonaut Kovalenok's onboard journal, showing his sketch of the UFO (image credit: Boris Shurinov).

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5e4af3be043e.jpg[/atsimg]

“What are the particulars? First conclusion: the object moved in a suborbital path, otherwise I wouldn’t have been able to see it. There were two clouds, like smoke, that formed a barbell. It came near me and I watched it.

Then we entered into the shade for two or three minutes after this happened. When we came out of the shade we didn’t see anything. But during a certain time, we and the craft were moving together.”

-------------------

General Pavel Popovich, one of the original cosmonauts who passed away recently at a sanatorium in Crimea on Septembe 30th, also had a UFO sighting, although not from space.

He described it in a videotaped interview with St. Petersburg researcher Valery Uvarov: “I saw only once something unexplainable in 1978 when we flew from Washington to Moscow at an elevation of 10,200 meters, and during the flight we noticed through the window a flying triangle on a parallel course.

We flew at the speed of 950 km/h and that triangle (which was equilateral) flew at about 1,500 km/h; he passed us, and both passengers and crew saw it and were talking without coming to any conclusion; it was a UFO and we couldn’t compare it to anything.” (I am indebted to Dimitri Ossipov for his English translation of this Russian material.)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a28626737ca4.jpg[/atsimg]

Gen. Popovich was also a prominent ufologist who served for a while as President of the All-Union Ufology Association of the Commonwealth of Independent States in Moscow.

He was somewhat skeptical of the whole ufological scene, telling Uvarov that “you can reject 95% of all the reports published from all sources, but 5% are definitely serious.” On the other hand, Popovich wrote in a 1992 paper that, “the UFO sightings have become the constant component of human activity and require a serious global study.”

-------------

On September 28, 1990, cosmonauts Gennadiy Manakov and Gennadiy Strekalov were interviewed by radio on the space station Mir. The transcript was published on the Oct. 16 edition of Rabochaya Tribuna and translated again by the American FBIS. Here are excerpts of the dialogue:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5b0f0fe30c09.jpg[/atsimg]

Cosmonauts Gennadiy Manakov and Gennadiy Strekalov.
Question: “Tell me, what are the most interesting natural phenomena you see on Earth?”
Cosmonaut: “Yesterday, for example, I saw, if one may call it that, an unidentified flying object. I call it that.”
Question: “What was it?”
Cosmonaut: “Well, I don’t know. It was a great, silvery sphere, it was iridescent… this was at 22:50…”
Question: “This was over the region of Newfoundland?”
Cosmonaut: “No. We had already passed over Newfoundland. There was an absolutely clean, clear sky. It is difficult to determine but the object was at a great altitude over the Earth, perhaps 20-30 kilometers. It was much larger than a huge ship.”
Question: “Could it have been an iceberg?”
Cosmonaut: “No. This object had a regular shape, but what it was–I do not know. Perhaps an enormous, experimental sphere or something else…”

-------------

A few months later, on March 31, 1991, cosmonaut Musa Manarov captured a cigar-shaped UFO for over two minutes while filming the approach of a Progress cargo flight to the MIR space station. As you can see in the clip excerpted from Michael Hesemann’s UFOs: The Footage Archives in the DVD Ultimate UFO! with commentary by Peter Robbins and myself, you can clearly see one end of the cylinder lit up… This is undoubtedly one of the best known examples of UFO footage ever taken in space.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ce2ed1c0b0fa.jpg[/atsimg]

Even though we have still more stories of cosmonaut sightings in our files, that is a fitting finale to our report. As we can see, comrade Kubasov’s ‘Nyet’ [No in Russian] has become a resounding ‘Da’ [Yes in Russian].

www....(nolink)/russian-cosmonauts-ufo-sightings-and-statements/

Russian Cosmonaut UFO sightings

jublywubly — 30 juni 2009 — This video has some interesting information about Russian Cosmonaut UFO sightings & N.A.S.A. Astronaut, Dr Story Musgrave, discussing his own encounters in space.

Also interesting is what Story Musgrave said in this video from 3:00

The more you fly in space the more you see an incredible amount of things out there and it back sort of brings to you really a certainty that there are other living creatures are out there.

Some incredible more primitive then us, some just proteins coming together amino acids and some just single cell organisms, and other civilizations that bin around for million years did or doing unimaginable kind of things.

UFO Filmed by Russian Cosmonaut

openmindstv — 27 november 2009 — UFO Filmed by Russian Cosmonaut Musa Manarov in March 1991 from the Mir Space Station.

Narrated by Antonio Huneeus of Open Minds Production and Peter Robbins on the Ultimate UFO! DVD release of Michael Hesseman's UFO:The footage archives.

Triangle UFO Sighting by Russian Cosmonaut Pavel Popovitch.mp4

usaflorida5000 — 29 juni 2007 — UFO - UFOs Merge during Russian MiG Chase

[edit on 2/5/10 by spacevisitor]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

cosmonaut/pilot ufo sightings, is a very interesting subject thanks for sharing.

Cosmonauts Vladamir Kovalenok and Viktor Savinykh

here's another illustration of the object seen on May 5th, 1981

I saw this object and then something happened I could not explain, something impossible according to the laws of Physics. The object had this shape, elliptical, and flew with us. From a frontal view it looked like it would rotate in flight direction.

It only flew straight, but then a kind of explosion happened, very beautiful to watch, of golden light. This was the first part. Then, one or two seconds later, a second explosion followed somewhere else and two spheres appeared, golden and very beautiful.

www.ufoevidence.org...

here's more on the Popovich sighting:

Popovich relays a sighting of a UFO next to the airplane he was travelling aboard as he was returning home from Washington D.C. with a delegation of scientists. The UFO was seen by everyone on board the plane. It was perfect triangle shaped and emitted a very bright, white light at a distance of about 1.5 kilometres and an altitude about 1,000 metres above the airplane. The object had en estimated speed of 1500 km/h travelling parallel to the airplane and passed and overtook the plane in about 30 to 40 seconds.
en.wikipedia.org...

A few months later, on March 31, 1991, cosmonaut Musa Manarov captured a cigar-shaped UFO for over two minutes while filming the approach of a Progress cargo flight

that is an interesting object he caught on video , there has been some speculation about what it might be and people have made guesses everywhere from a flashlight to space junk. i doubt we will ever know what it was but that same type of object (?) has been seen on other occasions too.

here are some more interesting reports on the Project Prove website...

U.F.O.s of
THE RUSSIAN SPACE PROGRAM

keyholepublishing.com...
keyholepublishing.com...

it's important to take notice of the Afanasyev ufo story because he claimed to have seen the craft while on board the 1979 Soyuz 33 mission.

keyholepublishing.com...

the official record that can be found on the internet tells us that he wasn't on that flight because he was supposedly working as a test pilot.

1977 to 1988 served as a test pilot and senior test pilot at the State Research/Test Institute
www.jsc.nasa.gov...

good thread spacevisitor , S&F

[edit on 2-5-2010 by easynow]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Spacevisitor, good thread - I seem to remember the footage taken from the Roger Moore narrated "Secret KGB UFO Files" was deemed unreliable but there were certainly some other interesting interviews.

Here are some other statements taken from Russian Naval personnel dealing with UFOs over the ocean linked from the Fox News website:

“On several occasions the instruments gave reading of material objects moving at incredible speed. Calculations showed speeds of about 230 knots, of 400 kph. Speeding so fast is a challenge even on the surface. But water resistance is much higher. It was like the objects defied the laws of physics. There’s only one explanation: the creatures who built them far surpass us in development".
Russian Naval Rear Admiral Yury Beketov

“Ocean UFOs often show up wherever our or NATO’s fleets concentrate. Near Bahamas, Bermudas, Puerto Rico. They are most often seen in the deepest part of the Atlantic Ocean, in the southern part of the Bermuda Triangle, and also in the Caribbean Sea.”
Captain 1st rank Igor Barklay

“Fifty percent of UFO encounters are connected with oceans. Fifteen more – with lakes. So UFOs tend to stick to the water".
Vladimir Azhazha,Russian Naval Officer

Link

There's also this video (unfortunately in Russian) which appears to show military officers describing an unknown object over two of their ships (see 2:05)

Cheers.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow

cosmonaut/pilot ufo sightings, is a very interesting subject thanks for sharing.

Thanks for your interesting reply easynow, it’s always good to read your additional information and opinion about this matters.

That’s what I thought to, it’s obvious that those cosmonauts can speak more freely about these things than the astronauts.

I hope that will change in time.

By the way, that is an interesting drawing my friend; I did not see that one before.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

Spacevisitor, good thread - I seem to remember the footage taken from the Roger Moore narrated "Secret KGB UFO Files" was deemed unreliable but there were certainly some other interesting interviews.

Hi karl 12, I didn’t know that, but it is nevertheless great footage, thanks for your interesting reply as well.

Really interesting statements, and look at those ranks.

“calculations showed speeds of about 230 knots, of 400 kph, isn’t that unbelievable.

Puerto Rico is really some sort of hotspot for this kind of sightings; I did not forget your marvelous thread about it.

UFOs,USOs and the Island of Puerto Rico.about it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

That video is really interesting, too bad it isn’t in English yet, I searched for it but could not found it.

I did saw that there are more of these Russian videos.

Always good to hear from you my friend.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Hey bud, thanks for linking the old Puerto Rico thread -along with the Catalina Channel and the Falkirk Triangle, it's got to be up there as a bit of a hotspot.

Found this other interview with the Head of the Soviet MOD's investigations team Colonel Boris Sokolov and he makes some very interesting comments about Russian UFOs in this documentary (around 22:30) - his name also pops up in this article where it describes how Russia was turned into "one gigantic UFO listening post" and four million Soviet soldiers where ordered to file detailed reports on UFO incidents.

Cheers.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
Found this other interview with the Head of the Soviet MOD's investigations team Colonel Boris Sokolov and he makes some very interesting comments about Russian UFOs in this documentary (around 22:30) - his name also pops up in

Thanks matey, you are right, that is an interesting interview, but the coincidence is that I have that video on DVD, I have actually quite a number of such DvDs at home.

But I have not watched them for some time now, I spent too much of my time on ATS.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Spacevisitor - thought you may have seen that one before mate (and you're not alone when it comes to spending too much time on ATS
)

Have only got to part three but Paul Stonehill is making some interesting comments about Russian UFOs (and USOs) in this interview with George Noory.

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
great read. good deal of information to process, s+f.

top topics

join