It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tsunami Bombs are Real, declassified documents reveal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
According to declassified documents and various sources, Tsunami bombs are real!

Not only that, but they have been discussed various times on ATS in reference to real life military experiments that took place over 50years ago.

www.sweetliberty.org...

Top-secret wartime experiments were conducted off the coast of Auckland to perfect a tidal wave bomb, declassified files reveal.

An Auckland University professor seconded to the Army set off a series of underwater explosions triggering mini-tidal waves at Whangaparaoa in 1944 and 1945.

Professor Thomas Leech's work was considered so significant that United States defence chiefs said that if the project had been completed before the end of the war it could have played a role as effective as that of the atom bomb.

Details of the tsunami bomb, known as Project Seal, are contained in 53-year-old documents released by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade.

Emphasis added by me.

I checked ATS search and 5years ago it was mentioned here but got very little attention. These threads were overlooked sadly.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is a lot of interesting research here, you guys/gals may enjoy taking a look at it.

Figured it was definitely worth being brought back up.

No one EVER mentions "Project SEAL" around here these days.

Maybe that will change?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Though I love when these stories come to light, there is a difference to that research and an actual functioning device to cause tsunami. There were many such experiments back in those days and probably still to this day such as deliberate attempts to cause earth tremors to the claims of HAARP screwing with everything. The article has floated round for nearly ten years before you brought it to attention, good digging. I just hope that people dont take these things out of context.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Interesting.

If I understand tsunamies correct, it's suddenly move of a massive amount of water, without the possibility to flow back whare it came from.

A nuclear explosion doese not cause a tsunami but an earthquake can by causing lundslides or a sudden uplift.

IMO this weapon can only function if it results in something like it.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

However by a series of explosions you probabably could prolong and even intensify the effect. The loss in energy when it would collapse and flow back can't happen when at that time there is an explosion to prevent it and ads extra energy to the original momentum.

So it could definitely be possible. I think.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Star and a flag from me. Some interesting information.

I would assume you would need either an unstable piece of sea floor to collapse, or an explosion of significant magnitude to cause massive displacement.

As far as I was aware, a nuclear detonation CAN cause a tsunami. Operation Crossroads displayed this in a geographically limited fashion. If it was in deeper water and not contained in an atoll, I am sure the detonation would have had a much wider dispersal. A modern high yield weapon on the sea floor in deep water could cause significant waves I believe.

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

Meanwhile, lagoon water rushing back into the space vacated by the rising gas bubble started a tsunami-like water wave which lifted the ships as it passed under them. At 11 seconds after detonation, the first wave was 1,000 feet (305 m) from surface zero and 94 feet high. By the time it reached the Bikini Island beach, 3.5 miles (6 km) away, it was a nine-wave set with shore breakers up to 15 feet (5 m) high, which tossed landing craft onto the beach and filled them with sand.

Youtube Video of Crossroads

[edit on 2/5/2010 by Gaderel]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I can see why they would have wanted something like this...

...imagine how much easier the beach landings in all those island battles would have been...and all those caves that would have been flooded out, instead of filled with pissed off Japanese soldiers who are armed to the teeth. It wouldn't have done much to the ridges and hills which were also covered in defenses, but tactically, it could have been a game breaker...or at least saved countless American lives.

top topics

join