It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scottish comedian Frankie Boyle stands up to the BBC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Scottish comedian Frankie Boyle has written an open letter accusing the BBC Trust of cowardly behaviour after it apologized following a complaint from a listener , for comments he made on BBC’s Radio 4 programme Political Animal in 2008 .

Back in 2008 Boyle made an astute joke on BBC’s Radio 4 programme Political Animal. "I've been studying Israeli army martial arts. I now know 16 ways to kick a Palestinian woman in the back. People think that the Middle East is very complex but I have an analogy that sums it up quite well. If you imagine that Palestine is a big cake, well … that cake is being punched to pieces by a very angry Jew."

Following a complaint from a listener who said the comments were "disgusting" and "anti-Semitic", the BBC Trust's editorial standards committee investigated and apologised. The committee said it endorsed the editorial complaints unit's finding into the use of the word "Jew".

Boyle wrote "I think the problem here is that the show's producers [not the BBC line managers] will have thought that Israel, an aggressive, terrorist state with a nuclear arsenal, was an appropriate target for satire". I would add here that the attempt to block any discussion on Israel is just another symptom of Jewish power. However this power falls apart once challenged publicly by people such as Boyle and others.

Boyle published the open letter describing the situation in Palestine as "in essence, apartheid" and lamenting the fact that the BBC was "now cravenly afraid of giving offence and vulnerable to any kind of well-drilled lobbying".
www.gilad.co.uk...

Frankie Boyle is well known in the UK for his fearless social comment and willingness to poke fun in places other comedians fear to tread .
For those unfamiliar with Boyle this short vid will give you a flavor of the man.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by gortex]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Frankie Boyles biogrophy, My # Life So Far is a great read and thoroughly anti-PC.
www.frankieboyle.com...

I don't agree with everything he says but at least he has the bollocks to speak his mind...and he can be very funny with it.

The BBC are becoming a joke and has become riddled with the self-righteous politically correct and carear journalists and administrators who fear to upset anyone.

Whatever happened to the corporation that throughout the 60's, 70's & 80's gave us challenging comedy and drama on a regular basis.

And we have to pay for this complete and utter nonsense.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I wish the Beeb would apologise for his birth.

I've nothing against someone having a go at Jews or whoever but this man is as funny as a fart in a tornado.

The only comedic thing here is him whining about some sort of injustice set upon him.

He's a tosser and shouldn't be given the time of day or urine if he was on fire.

Send him to Bethlehem with a red mercury bomb necklace and solve this silly issue once and for all.

-m0r

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
That man is this century's comedian, and some of his words do make a lot of sense, a great Scottish export.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
That guy is hilarious!

But, he made Bestiality jokes, and even said the Queen's private region was "haunted".

But that was COOL and ok?

Yet this joke about Israel is off limits?

What the Hell?? How?

I think the jokes about sex with animals was really far out, and the Israel joke was pretty average and mild...

Thanks for the good laugh though, the guy is really funny.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Thanks for the link Freeborn
, I look forward to reading.
Mock the Week isn't the same without Frankie

Whatever happened to the corporation that throughout the 60's, 70's & 80's gave us challenging comedy and drama on a regular basis.

I believe it was seen as a threat by Blair and his New Labour cronies , they used the Dr kelly / Andrew Gilligan affair to shape it for their own purpose .
A few years ago the BBC made a two part documentary called The power of nightmares [If you haven't seen it I highly recommend] , this was true public broadcasting , I don't think the new neutered Beeb will ever be so bold again .

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty
I wish the Beeb would apologise for his birth.

I've nothing against someone having a go at Jews or whoever but this man is as funny as a fart in a tornado.

The only comedic thing here is him whining about some sort of injustice set upon him.

He's a tosser and shouldn't be given the time of day or urine if he was on fire.

Send him to Bethlehem with a red mercury bomb necklace and solve this silly issue once and for all.

-m0r

What the??? I hope you are joking!

Because if you really mean that, you are mega-ignorant. He's a comedian, get over it and get a life!

Let me guess it was you who cried to get him taken off the air?

I am praying that you are being sarcastic and I am totally mis-reading you; and even if you say you are not, I will pretend you were.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Gotcha!

*Adds another one to the millions of mind washed folk with no inherent sense of humour unless it has a laugh track played alongside*

Toodlepips old bean!

-m0r

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by pikestaff

About every third word made sense. I had to watch that clip three times to understand half of what he was talking about. I'll stick to Monty Python reruns if you don't mind.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

post by m0r1arty
*Adds another one to the millions of mind washed folk with no inherent sense of humour unless it has a laugh track played alongside*

Sorry but the laughter was from a live studio audience , UK comedy audiences are probably amongst the most discerning in the world ,if they think its funny then its generally because it is .

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I'm well aware of the runners and their art school buddies that want into the industry, and few foreigners who think it's cool to see a show.

You want British humour (and I mean the real #) then check out b3ta or even the Conservative Billboard Vandals.

I guess it's a case of whether or not you liked Spaced or fancy '2 pints of lager and a packet of salt and vinegar' more.

Just so you know - you've already been judged.

-m0r

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
This guy has won my respect.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Just look for episodes of "MOCK THE WEEK" thats where he really made his name, and in my oppinion, was the only reason id watch it.
Plus it was the BBCs 'gray area' that made him leave the show, due to comments made by him about the swimmer Rebecca Addlington who took offence.
But - if you look at any modern day comic, they all snipe at those in the spotlight of society. It go's with the territory.
He should get his own show. And the last time I seen him on BBC was when he guest presented an episode of the music show "Never Mind the Buzzcocks."

edit to add- I also think the BBC are affraid of upsetting religions and want to avoid a Denmark like scandle, due to them being funded by the public they are obligated to being politically correct, yet most of their humour should be taken with a pinch of salt.

[edit on 2/5/10 by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I had never heard of this guy before - thank you for bringing this to my attention.

"I thought she was a Jordy"

But alot of that clip you showed me, he was speaking truth, and its a shame alot of truth has to be said in jest.

Anyone speaking out against Israel or political Zionism is an anti-semite - and that is bogus.

And Israel and Jews wonder why there are conspiracies about the Reichstarg fire.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

m0r1arty
Just so you know - you've already been judged.

And what is that supposed to mean , judged ?
By who and for what .

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
You either absolutely hate Frankie Boyle and think he is repulsive...or you think he is an absolute genius. Whatever camp you sit in we can all agree that he loves pushing the boundaries of what is acceptable. I agree with the other poster, the Israeli joke is VERY tame compared to many others and i think is a valid criticism wrapped up in comedy. Just shows you how the BBC bends to the will of Israel, Mark Thompson being one of the reasons.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Solomons]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Oh Boy here we go!

Aunty has her p*nties in a bunch again. The simple fact is Israel does ill-treat the Palestinians.

One of the leading lights of the SWP became a marxist because as an Israeli child he was upset that he had shoes and his Palestinian playmate did not.

True!

He then took the name Tony Cliff when he came to Britain.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Tiger5]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

And If you want funny political posters check this out.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e6e4bdd00bb7.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b7eddf5b1970.jpg[/atsimg]
More Here

top topics

join