It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Cops Beat Chinese Diplomat On Chinese Soil!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Hello Fellow ATS Dudes,

It's one thing for an American cop to tase an elderly woman until she urinates her new Sunday Church dress for going 78 with out realising it.

The cop might get a few weeks paid vacation or parking meter duty...

But what exactly happens when Cops Follow a car with no plates into the garage of the Chinese consulate and injure then arrest a Diplomat with political immunity on Chinese soil.

DALLAS — Three Houston police officers have been restricted to desk duty after they followed a Chinese diplomat into the parking garage of the Chinese Consulate, arrested the man and injured him, the Houston mayor said.

The Cops Did not know they were in a Chinese consulate garage, meaning they were in China at that time LOL. I bet they thought the Diplomat was an illegal immigrant with a bad attitude.

"China urges the U.S. ... to quickly investigate the details of this incident and to look into the persons responsible to ensure that the Chinese diplomatic and consulate personnel and premises are not violated," Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Jiang Yu said in a statement. "The Chinese Foreign Ministry, the Chinese Embassy and the Houston consulate have already made solemn exchanges with the U.S. side."

China is so pea-ed off about this and since The USA is China's Bitch, those poor cops are in for some "Ninjas popping out of nowhere and kicking your butt" Trouble.

Houston's police chief has ordered officers to receive a list of addresses for every consulate in the city.

"This is important as Houston has the third-largest number of consulates in the country," Parker said. "We cherish our international residents and want to assure them they are welcome in our city."

All the Coppers in Houston now have to carry a list so they don't go around beating up diplomats.

Link

TOOOOO FUNNY, what do you folks think?

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Izarith]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
IMO some Americans officers are too caught up into their own version of reality…lol

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Shant]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
A couple of things do not ring true about this incident Izarith,
one, Why was the squad car carrying an extra officer ?
Two, How do you accidently trespass on consulate grounds ?
Sounds like some sort of covert surveillance mission to me.
A bit of payback for an American consulate incident ?
After all local LEO's pride themselves on local geographical knowledge surly,
Think Cold war Moscow, You injure an American in Russia one of the Russians gets his in america,
A sort of a gentleman's agreement i think,
S&F Izarith for this intriguing issue,

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
This is what Yu (the diplomat) said about the insadint.

In an interview Friday, Yu said he was traveling with his wife in a consulate vehicle when he saw a patrol car with flashing lights behind him. Yu said he stopped and waited several minutes, but drove off when the officer stayed in his car and took no apparent action.

Yu said he drove to the Chinese Consulate in the 3400 block of Montrose. When Yu drove through the consulate's automatic garage gate, the police car followed him.

Yu said he “made it clear” he was a Chinese diplomat, but the officer handcuffed him anyway. Yu said the officer struck him in the face, but he did not address the circumstances or specify when the alleged assault took place. Yu also suffered hand and neck injuries, according to a co-worker at the consulate.

A near by shopper saw this..

Roberta MacInnis, a Houston Chronicle features editor, said she was shopping at a nearby business when she saw an HPD officer lying on top of a handcuffed man who was face-down in the garage.

On top of a diplomat with diplomatic immunity outside the cops jurisdiction sounds more like it.

A source familiar with the officers' version of events said Yu's vehicle was spotted about 4:30 p.m. Saturday traveling a short distance from the consulate without a rear license plate. With the police car following with flashing lights, the vehicle wound through Montrose for about five minutes before entering the consulate garage.

As the officer exited his patrol car, the source said, Yu greeted him with loud curses.

Well of course the officer was greeted with curses. this is a Chinese diplomat we are talking about here. The only thing more arrogant than a US Cop is.....A freaking Chinese diplomat.

Oh this is just to funny.

Edit: Link

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by foxhoundone

No i doubt this is something like that, I could be wrong tho.

I think it runs more along the line of some Chinese prick who is used to spitting and cutting the heads off of anyone who looks at him funny running into a Cop that's used to having people pull over and wait patiently while he takes his sweet time writing him a ticket.

All kidding aside tho, this is a very serious issue, you think braking the law is bad, these cops just broke international law on the highly sensitive international level. Conspiracy or not.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Don't you just hate it when you start an international incident? You just know it's gonna be a bad day!

Even if the diplomat is found to have not stopped (as is the cop's story and will be easily corroborated by the cam if true), we will never hear more of this story.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Hey there Fitzchivalry Farseer,

I think you'll find that the US is gonna back down big style in this one.

China doesn't tolerate people breaking the law in their lands - especially against government officials.

I see this going as far as extradition and then death.

-m0r

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

The Diplomat himself stated that he pulled over and later left after the cop was taking his sweet time.

Regardless tho, even if the diplomat as spit in the cops face, you can not even enter a foreign land you are not a part of, especially if you got a US badge on.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty
Hey there Fitzchivalry Farseer,

How the Hell did you know my avatar was the Fitz?!?!

Are you a Hobb fan too?

I think you'll find that the US is gonna back down big style in this one.

China doesn't tolerate people breaking the law in their lands - especially against government officials.

I see this going as far as extradition and then death.

-m0r

Well i have been sitting on making this thread for two days, waiting for some else to make it but there has been so little press on it. This should have been front page already.

The US media is trying to make this go away, HPD is in total deniability mode but it's all on film and the HPD is soon going to find out it can't try it's usual "He had a black wallet that looked like a gun" trick on this one.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
At 4.30 pm
Three alleged LEOs pull over a suspected diplomat's car, And the suspect gets frustrated and takes off to nearest safe house,
Perhaps the LEOs were arming a tracker devise of sorts and that's why it has taken so long for the officer to quiz the suspect, After all there was no rear number plate to run a check on ?

edit to add:
Houston that's where NASA is based right, Maybe a bit of spying going on IMO,

[edit on 2-5-2010 by foxhoundone]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith
How the Hell did you know my avatar was the Fitz?!?!

Chade Fallstar taught me well

I'm sure there is a bit of give and take on each version of events but there should never have been a police car inside of the Chinese embassy ever - that's where the big mistake was made.

-m0r

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty

Chade Fallstar taught me well

Indeed he did...

Should have known, old man is always up to something.

I'm sure there is a bit of give and take on each version of events but there should never have been a police car inside of the Chinese embassy ever - that's where the big mistake was made.

-m0r

Bingo!

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

The Diplomat himself stated that he pulled over and later left after the cop was taking his sweet time.

Regardless tho, even if the diplomat as spit in the cops face, you can not even enter a foreign land you are not a part of, especially if you got a US badge on.

Yeah they have conflicting stories with the cop's story being much easier to confirm/deny because of the in-car cam. I also don't think that he really knew where he was when he handcuffed the diplomat. In any case, the cop was wrong in this instance because he did end up on Chinese consulate property, even if he didn't know it. Also, I don't see this ending up that much of a big deal... sure, they'll have to grovel for a while and apologize but that'll be it... probably happens all the time.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by foxhoundone
Perhaps the LEOs were arming a tracker devise of sorts and that's why it has taken so long for the officer to quiz the suspect, After all there was no rear number plate to run a check on ?

I don't recall the officer's name being James Bond... do you know something I don't?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
this is very strange
how did the cops get in ? don,t these places have security , and i mean heavy armed security.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by tom.farnhill

Not so much in America, usually the heavily armed consultants are the American ones in foreign countries.

There were several signs showing it was a Chinese consulate tho. But really I too might have not payed attention and messed up too.

But in any case it was a Bad move on the cops.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
There is a little more to the story.

I read the diplomat's car did not have a rear license plate displayed.

So it's very possible the cops didn't know what they were dealing with.

They pull the car over, the cop is writing paperwork or talking on the radio for backup, the diplomat is tired of waiting and decided to bolt. And I read the diplomat got out and launched a verbal tirade against the cops. I can see them "body checking" him in that case, since he already "ran" from them.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Schaden

Oh yes of course!

But you can not do any of this on Chinese consulate property, it is a terrible violation of international law.

Hell i'm not sure if the cops could be tried in a conventional Court LOL.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
The diplomats are abliged by the Vienna convention to follow the law in the host country. The flaunting was distasteful. It's true they cannot be prosecuted. It's an unfortunate incident all around. The fact the car didn't have the rear diplomatic plate on the rear while it was stopped and subsequently fled, absolves the officer of not realizing it was a diplomatic vehicle. Same for the embassy. If this happened at night, and there wasn't a lit sign saying Chinese Embassy, which I'm sure there wasn't, how was he supposed to know ? It probably looks like any other rich mansion in the area.
Was it reasonable for the cops to have known it was an embassy ? Is there an embassy row ? Houston is a very large city but it's not New York.

Terrible violation of international law ? I'd reserve those words for China's horrific record on US intellectual property, protected by intl laws and agreements.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Schaden]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Hi guys....already discussing it here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

join