It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would The iPhone UFO App Fool Members of ATS?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Good stuff.

I hope you see where I'm going with this...

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire
I notice they havnt got any Triangle or boomerang/delta shaped ones... Maybe their affraid of copyright control over images of goverment craft?
And funny enougth, no orbs, but they'll put in my lamp-shade shaped looking UFO...
Also I suppose there will be more photos for us to debate soon.
I wonder if the app lets you change the size of the craft..?

Esrom Escutcheon Esquire.....

I was looking through the on-line instructions for a couple of the apps.

I think you can manipulate the object in different ways in at least one of the apps.

I will post some of the instructions when I get time tomorrow.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Good stuff.
I hope you see where I'm going with this...

Chadwickus.....

You're always at the pointy end of things & I'm always happy to follow your lead

I'm wondering if you have a particular case in mind.....

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   

No, no particular case.

Just be good to know the what changes to the EXIF data will be seen after these effects are implemented.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

No, no particular case.
Just be good to know the what changes to the EXIF data will be seen after these effects are implemented.

Chadwickus.....

I might download 1 or 2 of these iPhone UFO apps today & have a play around with them.

I'll post some pic's, EXIF data, etc....

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Well this is by far the best OMG UNDENIABLE PROOF i have seen so far

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I hate apps like that. I would hope most of us would be able to tell the difference.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Hi Maybe... maybe not,

I remember this iPhone app from last year because Linda Moulton Howe had these photos plastered all over her website and thought they were real UFO's until someone emailed her and told her about the iPhone app. I can't link you to the page because I'm not a paid subscriber to her site, and I doubt you are either, but here's a thread about it -

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The ATS members in that thread were pretty quick to conclude the photos looked fake, but I'm sure there are a few around here that would not be able to tell the difference. In fact I'm sure there are even a few that would argue that the photos are real and the iPhone app is a fake disinfo tool of the NWO made to discredit the witnesses.

ahhh looks like someone already beat me to it.

Cheers

[edit on 2-5-2010 by freelance_zenarchist]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Hello Maybe...maybe not

hope you had a good weekend ?

Interesting to see how many cases will turn up I'm sure you will be kept busy LOL..

The credibility for some of the good images that people get of unknown craft will be put in the hoax bin, the web is undated with CGI and the likes even the ufo sites have been fooled. They have thrown egg on their own faces

forum.tipb.com...

Thanks

Ocker

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
This was discussed when the application first came out

I can not remember the thread but I had analyzed photos taken with it:

Original photo that user claimed to have captured 3 UFOs.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ebd6ec12f169.jpg[/atsimg]
My analysis:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/95b9fb59294a.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b0e6048ff8ce.jpg[/atsimg]

ETA: Freelance found the thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on May 2nd 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I seen that thread Great job BTW

The forums will be inundated with fakes. offspring of Billy Meier maybe

thanks

Ocker

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Greeneyedleo.....

Thanks for re-posting your excellent analysis in this thread

It reinforces one of the points I am making.....

You took the correct analytical approach to the subject matter & proved the photo was an iPhone derived hoax.

However, other members address just about any level of "disbelief" or "doubt" by replying "you horrible skeptic!" or "you horrible disinfo agent!".

We need to stay on our toes!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ocker

G'day Ocker!

I had a great weekend.....I hope you did too

I agree......this sort of thing certainly increases the risk of legitimate material being labelled as a hoax.

Some of the promotional comments in that forum are quite funny.....

"Hoax your friends"

"Insert 5 of our new UFO's!"

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
In short,

By making such images a default custom subconscious interaction WILL ease the transition of what many as rational human's feel they are fake, real or indifferent to the idea.

You, who thought that such a post might benefit a fraction of a community by making it aware, is a mere drop in the ocean. Do you know begin to slightly comprehend the extent of what has been and is been used ?

Sure we are not alone, but does this change your daily existence. Simply No..!

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by freelance_zenarchist

Freelance_zenarchist.....

The ATS members in that thread were pretty quick to conclude the photos looked fake, but I'm sure there are a few around here that would not be able to tell the difference.

Exactly.....that has already happened with iPhone UFO app hoax photos.

In fact I'm sure there are even a few that would argue that the photos are real and the iPhone app is a fake disinfo tool of the NWO made to discredit the witnesses.

Well that too.....I've been accused several times of being a disinfo agent & this thread is just part of my strategic disinfo plan.

In fact, I was recently accused of being a "disinfo bot"

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I've done better hoaxes than that. You don't need an App to fake UFOs, trust me, all it takes is a camera and the right rock, a quarter, a soup can lid, etc etc.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d3e7d79fdd23.jpg[/atsimg]

I threw this transparent pebble into the air and snapped a photo trying to make it look like it was either leaving behind or studying a contrail. I figured the combination of a UFO and a supposed chemtrail would drive conspiracy theorists into a frenzy. Fortunately though I have the good grace never to post any of my hoax photos without expressly explaining them as a hoax.

No need for an iPhone or an App, all it takes is a camera, an interesting object and a little timing with the taking of the photo.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/55e04b8cf227.jpg[/atsimg]

Just a toy saucer thrown into the air, looks far away and high up. Sometimes the simplest techniques are the best.

I really do think that the iPhone App might fool some people on ATS, you know the kind I'm talking about, the ones who believe Maussan is legitimate or that every martian rock is an alien artifact.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Titen-Sxull.....

Actually, I recall you posted a couple of your pic's previously & I must say the "realism" was surprising!

Your pictures are certainly more realistic than the pic's of that hoaxter Urzi:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Yes, the man hailed as the next Billy Meier, as though that was a good thing to be hailed as

Some hoaxers have no class, they produce badly done work and then defend it even when its obviously hoaxed. Sad thing is many of those obvious hoaxers still have followers.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Morning all,

I too, would like to see a test done with the exif data after the app has been run.

But in my opinion there are too many ways that the data is stripped or manipulated - on an iphone or any similar phone, to garner any trust in an exif reading without seeing the original. Which, let's face it, in a hoax we won't see the original.
Some of the ways this data can be either stripped or changed can be: emailing the photo, bringing the photo into "iphoto", uploading said photo to certain sites, incorrect preferences and the list goes on. Also the GPS coordinates can be rather inaccurate. (Which we saw in the Sydney UFO case).

But it would be good to see a comparison. M...MN are you ready to put on your hoaxers hat and give us some examples?

- Thanks, Hermit

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

yeah, I read that..."where one is, the other can't be far behind."

I wonder who the other is. You and your disinfo posse

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join