It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An unstable nest of magnetic fields emerged over the sun's northeastern horizon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
an active region and it has no name

An unstable nest of magnetic fields emerged over the sun's northeastern horizon yesterday, and it is crackling with C-class solar flares. Astrophotographer Pete Lawrence sends this picture from his backyard observatory in Selsey,

Although the maelstrom does have a small dark core, technically making it a sunspot, it has not yet been sunspot-numbered by NOAA. Readers with solar telescopes are encouraged to keep an eye on the no-name active region--it's where the action is.

spaceweather....

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
So what does this mean? What will happen if this turns out to be true??

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Huh . I wonder if it has anything to do with this. . `Venus` seems to have broken in two. can anyone explain this?www.youtube.com...

[edit on 2-5-2010 by bluemooone2]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by NWOWILLFALL

So what does this mean?

It's a sunspot that the NOAA hasn't numbered yet...

What will happen if this turns out to be true??

If what turns out to be true?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
Huh . I wonder if it has anything to do with this. . `Venus` seems to have broken in two. can anyone explain this?www.youtube.com...

how does this have any relation to the subject?...

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I've heard solar flares could potentially wipe us out...So what would really happen?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Noobastronomer

This object has already been observed pulling a flare from the sun . Am i correct that its on the suns north side ? (not sure here)

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

solar flares wont wipe us out the worst a flare could do is wipeout our communication systems and power....here is an expo if u want 1

Scientists classify solar flares according to their x-ray brightness in the wavelength range 1 to 8 Angstroms. There are 3 categories: X-class flares are big; they are major events that can trigger planet-wide radio blackouts and long-lasting radiation storms. M-class flares are medium-sized; they can cause brief radio blackouts that affect Earth's polar regions. Minor radiation storms sometimes follow an M-class flare. Compared to X- and M-class events, C-class flares are small with few noticeable consequences here on Earth.

hope that helps

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Noobastronomer]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Well radiation could do it...Depends on how well the planet can block it...Anyways It's all good...

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
reply to post by Noobastronomer

This object has already been observed pulling a flare from the sun . Am i correct that its on the suns north side ? (not sure here)

It's a light bloom from the camera. Objects in orbit don't pull flares.

Here's an explanation that was posted last year:
www.badastronomy.com...

There is a picture posted at www.cyberspaceorbit.com... which is called the "Ra" image because there is a feature that looks like the symbol for the Egyptian god Ra. This is a perfect example of a bright object blooming. If you go through the SOHO archive, you'll see this happening whenever a bright object is in the image. Venus is the brightest thing you'll see, and it blooms quite a bit. I don't know what was in the SOHO field in the Ra image, but it was bright and it bloomed (it may have been a very energetic CR). Those "wings" are not real. They are simply electrons that overflowed inside the CCD itself.

You can see several examples on this page: www.iwonderproductions.com... In fact, the explanation given by Joe Gurman on that page is correct, and the webpage author didn't believe him. The cosmic rays and bright objects give the same shape every time because what's happening is inside the CCD, not on the sky.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Somewhere on ats there is a video of this object doing just that , at the time phage thought it might be mercury . I will post the vid on this post when i find it .

OK ,The double effect is due to a phenomenon called "blooming" I guess

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

well it sure as hell must be strong aint it(mag field)......i mean ur still alive

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Noobastronomer]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Haha so what was the point of the post?? lol

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

why does every1 think the world will end.....the point of the thread is not about world ending man....lol ....its just umm NEWS?l in which part of the thread did i mention about the world ending.?? PARANOIA

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
haha ok sir...It's ok anyways...Don't really care anymore, but I am prepared...
I guess the world will end another day...

[edit on 2-5-2010 by NWOWILLFALL]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

haha we all do.....

new topics

top topics

join