It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would it upset you to know that an illegal immigrant had a "State" job

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Two minutes and ten seconds into this video you will here the reporter say that "He (Gerardo an illegal immigrant) has a daughter, a "State job" and a home. Gerardo is just here to do the jobs that you and I are not willing to do right? I haven't worked in two months because I have espoused some Patriotic viewpoints which are not appreciated by the current system (support of Ron Paul, support of the 2nd amendment, support of the Constitution, support of a secure Border and support of the unorganized Militia) and Gerardo who admittedly came here illegally has a "State" job.

www.youtube.com...

Excuse me if I find myself a bit disgruntled by this. So now I am the big bad angry white man because I'm angry that state governments are hiring illegal immigrants while labeling me a potential terrorist and yes I happen to be caucasion.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
No, it would not.

Better that he/she be working and paying tax like the rest of us than drawing welfare and other tax-supported services you andI have to pay for.

And, at least as a "State" employee, we can be relatively certain that he or she is at least having something withheld from his/her paycheck for taxes: in the private sector, where payment for "illegal" workers is often "under the table", nothing is withheld...and you and I pay the penalty in higher taxes.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Bhadhidar

Yes, better that someone that is illegally here has a job with the state than is working under the table. /s

Hell, Osama Bin Laden should give the gov a call, I am sure he could get a job as well as a terrorist expert.

I am sorry, I cannot put up with crap like this anymore.

What the hell is a matter with you?

First off, you are probably one of those that bitches that companies have moved out of the states, then you state this is okay!

Yes, let us send jobs out of the country and then allow illegal immigrants to take jobs here in the states.

ARRRRRRRRRRRGHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   

That seems like a very short sighted view on the topic. So it is ok to not enforce our laws and instead give gainful employment to a person who is in the country illegally?

It really seems to me that people are losing sight of the fact that the "illegal immigrants" are breaking the law to begin with. Where does it end? Should we allow bank robbers to keep the money they steal? Maybe we should let shoplifters keep the merchandise they steal from businesses? The law is relatively black and white in this sense... you are either breaking the law or you are not, and if you are breaking the law why should you be able to profit from it?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Man, you should know that middle aged white males are barred from working.

If you smoke... Man that's double up ... you're unemployable x2.

Get in line behind the victims in America. They come first.

How dare you expect a job! You must be one of those entitled types ... tea party, racist, bigot, anti-immigration, hate mongering, KKK, honky biotch that thinks welfare is for helping white people! It AINT!

Welfare, unemployment pay and workmans comp. that's ONLY for victims in America.

You are to stay unemployed AND get no help from the pool of money that you've paid into for your entire life. Now just go away and die you caucasian scum.

[edit on 5·2·10 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

Sarcasm noted. You pretty much said it all.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

Well at least it sounds like he's packing up to leave. I wonder how many state employees are illegal... perhaps, the state is a good place to look for jobs now, at least in Arizona.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Duuuude, the situation solves itself - give all the illegal immigrants subsistence level government jobs and knock the government payscale down into the basement. They could fill all those empty FEMA trailers with these new state employees, feed 'em off farm subsidies, and cut the government payroll to a fraction - shoot, it might even cut into the government contractor graft. In a few years we could do away with ICE since all the bureaucrats would be helping to keep the borders open. I mean hey, the whole illegal immigration problem really messes with the economy so why blame government for using cheap labor just like everybody else? Right? --Sarcasm off--

gj

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

Yes, better that someone that is illegally here has a job with the state than is working under the table. /s

Hell, Osama Bin Laden should give the gov a call, I am sure he could get a job as well as a terrorist expert.

I am sorry, I cannot put up with crap like this anymore.

What the hell is a matter with you?

First off, you are probably one of those that bitches that companies have moved out of the states, then you state this is okay!

Yes, let us send jobs out of the country and then allow illegal immigrants to take jobs here in the states.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with me.

You on the other hand seem to have allowed yourself to be so caught up in your anger over so-called "illegal" immigrants, that you failed to understand that I was simply answering the OP's question as it was asked!

In so doing, you have fallen for one of the oldest tricks in the debator's handbook: Play to the emotional "hook" when your rhetoric is weak.

With a somewhat clearer head, you'll note that the OP's question did NOT ask whether I was in favor of illigal immigration or not, though that may have been the OP's intent; I'll make no assumptions.

No, the OP's question was, and I'll quote, "Would it upset you to know that an illegal immigrant had a 'State' job"?

Accepting, as fact, that some one is in this country illegally, which the OP infers as a given, the question, as presented, becomes would I rather have said person gainfully employed under circumstances which would insure that MY tax dollars are not his/her sole source of support, or that they be barred from such gainful employment and therefore "leeching" off me 100%.

Neither scenarios are terribly appealing, I'll grant; but the former is far more so than the later, wouldn't you agree?

It has been said that it is unwise to bring a knife to a gunfight; perhaps something similar should be said about bringing emotion to a policy debate.

P.S. : As far as I'm concerned, if a company cannot figure out how to abide by the laws and regulations of my state, I say good riddence to them.

If that means lower employment opportunies , so be it. Perhaps that means fewer people, legal and otherwise, will be crowding in next to me. And that my state will not have to raise my taxes so high to pay for the services so many people require.

Mark that. I said Require not "demand". Because service requirements rise exponentially with population, and at some point, the cost of the requirements exceeds the ability of the population to provide them.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
See this is something I truly do not understand. The American immigration debate just baffles me on how absolutely and solidly dense your country can be sometimes in trying to have everything both ways.

If a law is on the books, enforce it.

If a law is unjust or not in the best interests of the people, change it.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
It is absolutely asinine to say that it is illegal to commit an illegal act and essentially that is what we are saying here. Should it not go without saying that it is illegal to profit from illegal activity. If you are here illegally and you profit as a result of it, then you are profiting from illegal activity. I have no tolerance for this.

As it stands on the books it is illegal to enter this country illegally (how redundant does that sound) If they have the cajones to go for it then repeal it and lets have full amnesty, but no you wont do that you're just going to continue to ignore this mainstay law which is contrary to your agenda.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

you are right being angry...

State jobs should be assigned to those who are apart of the region the position services...
And state jobs should not created solely to provide employment either.

Any money that was sourced from the tax base should be reinvested in the country, State or County that provided that money in the first place. Outsourcing tax dollars or labor
should be a crime and hiring an illegal is... Well I don't have the word, or I cannot type it

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Janky Red]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
He is an illegale immigrant, and that is strike one. He has a government job and thus it can be concluded he has stolen someones identity to get that job, as there is paperwork that has to be filled out and some one in the country now has a mess load of trouble, cause that person 2 dependants claimed and recorded by the IRS.
So he has broken multiple laws and ruined someone elses life and is this fair for the person whose idenity that he stole?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

It would be an assumption on your part to claim that the person had "stolen" some one else's Social Security number.

It is entirely possible that the SSN utilized was simply made up. Or it could very well be a legitimate number, already in use; but not "stolen, merely duplicated.

The IRS and the states deal with thousands, if not millions of "duplicate" SSN's every year. Often the culprit is simply a keying error: whoever prepared the tax return entered, "keyed", the wrong number or transposed the correct number, making it wrong; but the "wrong" number for one taxpayer is often the "right" number for another.

When the IRS or a State revenue agency recieves two (or more) tax returns with the same SSN, the agency simply assigns a taxpayer identification number (TPID) to the duplicate(s). This number is used within the agency to identify each individual taxpayer using a particular SSN.

Easy Peasy

One of the reasons, perhaps the primary reason, you don't see businesses and governments eagerly jumping on the "Stop Illegal Immigration" band-wagon is that both have learned to adapt to the real circumstances; and it would be difficult , and expensive (And when the government incurs an expense, remember who pays the bill!), to change their practices simply to comply with the public hew and cry for an adherence to the letter of the law.

As they see it, think about how upset the public (or at least a vocal segment thereof) gets whenever stop-light cameras are installed and used, or when a local speed-trap becomes "too effective".

Most people like to see "The Law" enforced only when some one else has to pay the penalty.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I think it would be important to note that the State Government in question is in violation of Fedral law right?

Oh yeah I forgot ... Law are selectivly Enforced.

We better watch out .... You know those illegals could be potental Terrorist!

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

Hey, stop stealing my catch phrase.

You know I have that copywrited, you now owe me a nickle.

Edit to add:

If you're gonna use it, use it right:

That freaking illegal has a STATE job while I'm scraping by on unemployment,

[size=10]AAAAAARRRRGGGHH!!

They shouldn't give him a job, they should do their jobs and DEPORT his but back to Mexico.

[edit on 5/5/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Ok, granted. It may be made up. I prepared taxes for years and an illegal immigrant working a state job has several crimes racked up.

#1 - If they stole or purchased a social security number (SSN) then they're committing identity fraud, social security fraud and tax fraud. I've had to help citizens whose SSNs have been stolen and used, and it ain't pretty to clean up.

#2 - if they "made up" the SSN, they are still committing social security fraud and tax fraud.

This doesn't include crossing the border illegally and working without proper authorization such as a *legitimate* SSN, green card or resident ID.

As for the OP's question? Yes, I would be upset, but unfortunately I would not be surprised.

new topics

top topics

join