It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Sydney UFO Video sightings ...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Here are 2 Unidentified Object videos which were taken in Sydney on different days in very close proximity to each other. They are in the heart of Sydney near the Opera House and Harbour Bridge - both in daylight.

Video one: The host wants to know what is in the picture in the clouds.

Video Two: A short length video with the object appearing on the right hand of the screen moving left and disappearing upward in a rapid movement.

Your thoughts on these?

Video One: Picture

Video Two: Short vid.

Look forward to the discussion
Smigs

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Smiggle

Smiggle…..

Congratulations on your first UFO thread

Video 1:

There is very little detail to work on…..the quality of the photo as presented is very poor.

Based on the many still pictures of “bird UFO’s” that I have examined on ATS, I don’t believe we can exclude the option of the object being a bird.

Video 2:

I think it might be a CGI effort by someone who’s having their first dabbles in this area.

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Hi MMN,

One the first video:
I am interested though, what type of bird it would be, and how big would it have to be to show up like that?
I too, wish the photo was alot clearer. The object seems fairly 'thick' or has some density to it -

I know the wildlife in the area - and I know there are bats that live in the Botanical Gardens during the day in the Morton Bay Figs and the bannana trees and they take flight at dusk in huge numbers - also the amount of Ibis that are in Sydney - also that it is not that far from the zoo which also attracts an amount of free birds - planes dont fly that close in near the city - I cant imagine a blimp being that low in the sky so close, but its not impossible ...

The second one:
It took me 4 views to find what they had 'filmed'.
Can I ask what makes you think its computer generated?

Thanks
Smigs

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Smiggle

The second one stays still for a second before it even starts moving, like whoever created it was making sure the footage was rolling.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Smiggle

Smiggle…..

One the first video:
I am interested though, what type of bird it would be, and how big would it have to be to show up like that?
I too, wish the photo was alot clearer. The object seems fairly 'thick' or has some density to it –
I know the wildlife in the area - and I know there are bats that live in the Botanical Gardens during the day in the Morton Bay Figs and the bannana trees and they take flight at dusk in huge numbers - also the amount of Ibis that are in Sydney - also that it is not that far from the zoo which also attracts an amount of free birds - planes dont fly that close in near the city - I cant imagine a blimp being that low in the sky so close, but its not impossible ...

It’s hard to be specific with some of these less detailed pictures…..there’s a bit of intuitive “right brain” stuff going on here

Based on myriad photos of birds in flight I have viewed here on ATS, it seems to me the shape is not dissimilar to many of these bird shapes.

The different colour & different density at the edges of the object as described on the video could be evidence of flapping wings that are being blurred by frame rate.

The second one:
It took me 4 views to find what they had 'filmed'.
Can I ask what makes you think its computer generated?

Once again, after having viewed so many CGI UFO videos on ATS, it’s just the general nature of the video that leads me intuitively to the “CGI” conclusion.

I thought about it being a bug close to the camera due to the blurring of the “object”, but the movement & flight path of the “object” is too controlled for that.

I also think I can see hints of a “disc” type shape just before the object veers upwards & disappears.

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
If the first video is of a bird it is a really big one. It is obviously a long distance away so the object, whatever it is, is in my opinion way too big to be any known bird.

The second video could be cgi or it could be "real", whatever real is.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
To those talking about size I would like to direct you to the new thread A simple lesson on PERSPECTIVE.

Things are not always as you see them with your eyes.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Thanks for everyones replies - much appreciated.

One the topic of perspective I screen captured a few shots:

This first shot is taken a distance away.
I am using other points of reference such as the rocks in the water at the bottom of the picture (yes these I rocks, I have stood on them
) - the next plane of depth for reference is the Centrpoint Tower - the stick with the bucket on it
building - and the third reference back is the cloud which is on the left hand side of the object.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0945b6f8485d.png[/atsimg]

This picture show the Centrepoint Tower in the Lower bottom corner which gives the frame a perspective.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c6a0bb578a12.png[/atsimg]

Here is a very pixilated capture of the object - and from what I can see it has a definite vertical back cut-off - I am assuming a cloud is not covering this area of the object as the pixels taper off in colour and extend from the object in the same shape ... I am unable to see the shape of a bird as such ...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/95fbb9cb2a24.png[/atsimg]

and another:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/51ff112ae8d7.png[/atsimg]

My thoughts are that the Object is in the sky on the background of the picture (as opposed to being in front) when looking at it in reference to the buildings and the water.

Thoughts?

[edit on 2/5/10 by Smiggle] - Freudian spelling mistake - Centerlink Tower changed to Centerpoint Tower

[edit on 2/5/10 by Smiggle]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Correction: I just noticed that in Picture No. 2 the Centerpoint Tower has been cropped off - I'll try and fix this ....
OK - its fixed now and includes the building in the bottom frame.

[edit on 2/5/10 by Smiggle]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Interesting, the shape somewhat looks similar to this Finland one I saw in a blog. www.streetviewfun.com...
But I am not sure what this red object is...

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Yeah-Alright]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yeah-Alright
Interesting, the shape somewhat looks similar to this Finland one I saw in a blog. www.streetviewfun.com...
But I am not sure what this red object is...

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Yeah-Alright]

I think the object in the streetview shot has a more asymetrical shape , like a butterfly, though it does look like a kite a bit - the picture is very blurry, but even the clouds have very little definition - hard to tell, but was my first thought. Thanks for posting.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I really do not see how it could be anything other than a BIRD

Bird in flight:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f32b0b306a15.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/48ffaa9c18cb.jpg[/atsimg]
Source: wingandsong.files.wordpress.com...

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Greeneyedleo.....

Thank you for posting those bird pic's

That 2nd pic is a very good match for the picture presented by the op.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Hmm, Im not convinced it is a bird because of the shape at this stage - left hand side vertical edge of the shape - the lack of wing pixel definition (even if they are at body level) with light on the top - no body contour definition - which end do you see as being the front and which end is back on the bird. Where does the tail start - The most common bird in Sydney is the Seagull and small, what size would consider the bird in the picture.
I'm still open to this definition, but I'm not convinced by the examples, as yet, - it could be something other than a bird.

Do you think the perspective is correct - the object is at cloud level?

I will see if I can get a better resolution picture than the one in the video from the original source if possible, to examine a bit closer.

Thanks for doing the picture examples too

Cheers
Smigs

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smiggle

Hmm, Im not convinced it is a bird because of the shape at this stage - left hand side vertical edge of the shape - the lack of wing pixel definition (even if they are at body level) with light on the top - no body contour definition - which end do you see as being the front and which end is back on the bird. Where does the tail start - The most common bird in Sydney is the Seagull and small, what size would consider the bird in the picture.
I'm still open to this definition, but I'm not convinced by the examples, as yet, - it could be something other than a bird.

Do you think the perspective is correct - the object is at cloud level?

I will see if I can get a better resolution picture than the one in the video from the original source if possible, to examine a bit closer.

Thanks for doing the picture examples too

Cheers
Smigs

Really? It is impossible for me to find the exact shape and size of the object. But Im not sure how anyone could think it is not a bird? And disregard any pixelation, etc. You can not base anything on that. You are working with a horrible horrible copy.

The left side is the head - I can even see how it turns into the beak. The back is the tail which tapers off like a tail would. The shape is 99.9% the shape of a bird in flight w/ its wings tucked to side before the wings are lifted up and down.

I see absolutely no other explanation unless someone can provide what other object it could be.

As far as size. Completely impossible to judge. You can not judge depth in a photography. It could be a very small bird closer to the camera or a large bird further out. You can not compare it to the other objects in the photo. Again, go look at the link I posted.

[edit on May 2nd 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I have now asked the owner for a better highest resolution photo - hopefully they will reply.

Cheers
Smigs

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smiggle
I have now asked the owner for a better highest resolution photo - hopefully they will reply.
Cheers
Smigs

Smiggle.....

That will be interesting if you can get that pic.

Good luck

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Sorry, I didn't see your post before I went offline this morning

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Really? It is impossible for me to find the exact shape and size of the object. But Im not sure how anyone could think it is not a bird? And disregard any pixelation, etc. You can not base anything on that. You are working with a horrible horrible copy.

Thats OK, I am trying to see what you see, and just thought I'd ask, as Im not seeing it the same as you do, thats all - and I agree, the photo is such a low resolution to start, and then what we are looking at is very small on the screen. I did ask for the original from the provider, so hopefully they'll reply, but no news yet.

The left side is the head - I can even see how it turns into the beak. The back is the tail which tapers off like a tail would. The shape is 99.9% the shape of a bird in flight w/ its wings tucked to side before the wings are lifted up and down.
I see absolutely no other explanation unless someone can provide what other object it could be.
As far as size. Completely impossible to judge. You can not judge depth in a photography. It could be a very small bird closer to the camera or a large bird further out. You can not compare it to the other objects in the photo. Again, go look at the link I posted.

I'll look at the photos again, thanks for the explaination.
And I did read the perspective thread (which I had an understanding of prior to seeing it), thankyou for including it in the thread here.

My opinion is I dont know what the object is. Im not dismissive of your conclusion or thoughts, I appreciate them, and of MMN's, that its a bird, Im interested to see what other people could add to the thread.

Thoughts so far are:
A Bird - 2
Dont know - 1

Cheers
Smigs

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Smiggle

Smiggle.....

Free Spirit, one of our very experienced members, wrote something to me a while ago that stuck in my mind.....

"Take your time with this UFO topic & don't rush things....."

Free Spirit was right.....it's a very complicated area.

You'll learn a lot on here

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Thanks MMN,
This Unidetified Object Investigation aspect is new to me.
Paranormal Investigations, not so much, but two different approaches completely between them, but I agree, I can take my time, and learn, and enjoy, and have fun, and do that with everyone here.

Cheers
Smigs

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join