It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston boils its water...state of emergency declared

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Of course such things won't get repairs when you're throwing billions of dollars to other countries just so they'll be puppets.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
For those of you concerned about access to potable drinking water, there is a simple solution. Get a SteriPen.

I have used mine in remote locations around the globe and never have to worry if the water is full of bacteria or viruses. The StreriPEN uses ultraviolet light to sterilize the water. No chemical taste and it is small enough to carry around with ease. No boiling of water needed, as in 90 seconds the Steripen gives you safe drinking water. Filtering does not remove viruses, but the Steripen will protect you from them.

Great for camping, international travel, and survival situations . . . Or when your municipal water supply fails.

LOL sounds like a commercial, but the truth is that it works, works well, and is quite easy. I have put mine through the paces and have never gotten sick from bad water, from the Jungles of Borneo to the tap water of Boston. I used it this morning with Boston Tap water to brush my teeth.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Americans want something for nothing, and the world just doesn't work that way. The Taxed Enough Already people can't seem to draw a straight line between insisting on low taxes and our crumbling infrastructure. Listening to them talk makes my head hurt, and makes George Orwell do somersaults in his grave. They are doing the most damage on the local level, where tax money would be going directly to infrastructure and not to defense.

This pipe was only 7 years old, it will be a while before we find out why it failed but my money is on the lowest bidder doing a substandard job with substandard materials.

As for that list of projects that don't need to be funded - you want your children drinking water out of lead pipes? I sure don't. Dredging a harbor is pretty important to the ships that have to use it, too.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by quakewatcher

Originally posted by quakewatcher
This pipe was only 7 years old, it will be a while before we find out why it failed but my money is on the lowest bidder doing a substandard job with substandard materials.

I'm with you on this point.

Wouldn't be the first time corruption played a role in a Boston construction project. Remember the Big Dig?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Some footage...

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Funny, Today I went to the laundromat and it was amazing how many fools were scared of doing laundry because of the current problem with the municipal water supply. Ignorance is rampant I guess.

For millions of years pond and river water was the norm. Now it scares the bejebus out of folks who should know better.

There are more bacteria on the human body than there are human cells. It is perfectly normal. A filter and UV flash will make the water perfectly safe, yet the panic of ignorance leads to a brawl at supermarkets in a mad dash for bottled tap water.

When the SHTF I now know how many will panic and die off quickly. Fools every one of them.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by quakewatcher

Yes, this is another problem that the TPM has caused, pffft.

Where does our income tax money go?

Any idea? Or are you here to just connect anything bad with the TPM?

Jeeez!

The TPM cause this!

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Store Shelves Stripped, Some Fight For Water

The run on bottled water caused near panic at some stores throughout the Boston area Saturday night.

At the BJ's in Revere, the crowd got so big and the rush for water so intense that police were called in. In order to maintain control, of an unruly crowd the store was shut down for the night.

Shortly after residents in Boston received an emergency call warning them of the water crisis, supermarket aisles stocked with water were quickly wiped out.

"They are fighting over it, literally fighting over water," said a customer at the Roche Bros. in West Roxbury. "I just had to fight my way through the aisles cause it's crazy in there."

"Not since Blizzard of '78 have I seen something like this," said the store manager. New shipments that arrived were gone within seconds.

Restaurants in Lexington shut down Saturday night when they were unable to wash dishes or serve customers clean water.

In Newton, stores were flooded with residents buying bottled water, WickedLocal/Newton reported.

The shelves of the Walgreens in Newton Centre were flushed clean within half an hour of Mayor Setti Warren announcing the order for the city, said store clerk Natali Tene.

In Quincy, at Roche Bros. on Quincy Avenue, shoppers began streaming into the supermarket after the 6 p.m. news and while bottled water remained on the shelves into the early evening, it was selling fast, Manager Matt Mahoney said. "I'm too busy to talk more right now," he told the Patriot Ledger.

"They are scooping up the bottled water, as well as the beer and wine," he said. "We have some stock up on frozen meals so they wouldn't have to cook."

An Auburndale Star Market ran out of water and requested an emergency shipment. In Coolidge Corner in Brookline, long lines formed at Trader Joe’s, CVS, and Walgreens for any kind of bottled water, including sparkling and pricey designer bottles, the Boston Globe reported

www.thebostonchannel.com...

People will fight for water and they will kill for food. This should be a wake up call for everyone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join