It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad blasts U.S. before visit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   

edition.cnn.com

Just days before his planned trip to New York, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said he has proof the United States and Israel are linked to the world's leading terrorist organizations, according to state-run media.

"We have documents that prove (Washington) is the root of world terrorism," Ahmadinejad said in a speech in Tehran, Press TV reported. "It has been aiding and abetting extremist groups over the past years."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
So Ahmedinejad is going to visit New York for the U.N summit on nuclear non proliferation and before the visit he gives his usual piece of mind about United States and its policies. But in this article, Ahmedinejad has also said that USA must engage Iran in dialogue. Now this whole charade about Iran's nuclear program has been going on for years. The talk-sanctions-threat-talk cycle almost resembles the usual 6 party talks- verbal assault routine that we regularly see in North Korea.

edition.cnn.com

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by order in chaos

"We have documents that prove (Washington) is the root of world terrorism," Ahmadinejad said in a speech in Tehran, Press TV reported. "It has been aiding and abetting extremist groups over the past years."

The entire world already knows that, it is only Americans that think otherwise.

Torture, rendition, war crimes, illegal invasions and occupations, use of banned weapons, all perfectly o/k.
All just part of bringing freedom and democracy to other nations.

[edit on 2/5/2010 by Silver Shadow]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I don't get the point? Would you rather Ahmadinejad puckered up and kept quiet because in a day or two he was going to hop the ocean for NYC?

The summit isn't a dinner party at a neighbors where you show them one face and then talk about them behind their back all the way home in the car. On the other hand that's all it is isn't it, lol.

Anyway, I have more respect for him (Ahmadinejad ) that he doesn't 'play nice' like a little hypocrite. You know where the guy stands. And who's to say he isn't right?

Peace

[edit on 2-5-2010 by silo13]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I'll be interested to see if he can produce these documents, no doubt they exist
- but we'll see.

I've been skeptical of late as to how far China will support Iran if SDHTF.

Will there be a live internet feed of this summit?

Because this could be as interesting as Chavez at the UN in 2006. Youtube it.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
as far as Ahmadinejad goes

I dont care for him much

but in this case I happen to agree
with him.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Nice title CNN. While the US seems to be feverishly banging the war drum for a fight with Iran, CNN deems it appropriate to title it "Ahmadinejad blasts U.S. before visit."

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   

(CNN) -- Just days before his planned trip to New York...

New York's Times Sq. evacuated for suspicious vehicle
Police, bomb squad investigating smoking vehicle

Oh you, CNN. You always find ways to connect unrelated things together to make us conspiracy theorists go nuts.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
He used those American backpackers as leverage in getting his U.S visa, but they can still deny him entry. He wasn't invited to the Nuclear Summit and Israel didn't show up, scared of getting called out..

Useless.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
The US of A has been sponsoring terrorist organizations from the KLA in Albania all the way to the Mujahideen in Afghanistan. State sponsored terrorism has been happening for the past 60 years. I would not be surprised if Ahmadinejad has some kind of documents which expose some of these covert operations.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
It just keeps on getting better and better with this guy. He seems to be digging his hole deeper and deeper every time he opens his mouth? For someone that wants everyone to believe he does not want war, he seems to be enticing the warmongers hellbent on war with his country? Maybe this his attempt at what Muhammad Ali called, "The rope a dope?" Hopefully for his and his countries' sake, it goes as he envisions. To get to the fact of the matter, I think he has found some damning documentation linking the Sunni militant group Jundallah to the US and Israel? Sometime ago, the Revolutionary Guard apprehended high value target, Abdolmalek Rigi, leader of the group. During interrogation he said the US was his backer. It is up in the air whether his statements were made freely or under duress? We will have to wait and see.

At least the United States granted a visa for such a distinguished guest like Mahmound Ahmadinejad. In the case of the US and Israel sponsoring international terrorism? That is in the eye of the beholder, but I would not be surprised in the least. If one has not lived in bubble since World War II, many have some kind of idea what he is saying. So, if he is looking to shock the world by his latest words of wisdom, he will be speaking on deaf ears. It is common knowledge that intelligence services have used middlemen who have been ideologically opposed to the host country to carry out destabilizing missions in country at odds with the other.

Lets look at his country and how it supports international terrorism as well. For instances, we have his paramilitary arm the Quds Force, Hezbollah in Lebanon, Hamas in Gaza, and his insurgent elements in Iraq. Those are just some of the skeletons in his countries' closet. Just more rhetoric on his part, and it seems a lot of that is going around right now. He is shaking a stick at a hornets nest, and is enticing those that wish to declare war on his country. Have fun in the Big Apple, Mahmoud.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Oooohh, he "blasts" the U.S... sounds more serious than what space aliens totally unfamiliar with earth might call: "dude says words"..

Definitions of blast on the Web.. which one is CNN using?
* make a strident sound
He spoke in a strident tone?, definitely evil.
* smash: hit hard
Eh.. words that "hit hard", could be.. although I didn't feel anything.
* use explosives on
He's not responsible for 9/11, yet..
* apply a draft or strong wind to to
CNN telling us iran farts on america.. raise WMD threat level to hot pink!
* good time: a highly pleasurable or exciting experience
Ok now he's done it!.. masturbating U.S before visit requires petroleum (jelly) sanctions.

CNN articles like this are just too transparently dumb to take seriously.. they don't even try to sugar coat their propaganda anymore.. he "blasts" U.S.. lol... still not scared.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51
In the case of the US and Israel sponsoring international terrorism? That is in the eye of the beholder...

Sorry, I budged on this one point.

How exactly can blatant action in the form of lucrative financing and covert intel/mission document transfers be in the eye of the beholder?

Ugly is ugly.

new topics

top topics

join