It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's Triassic Dragon? (Picture)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
www.oneinchpunch.net...

Quote from source:
This “China dragon fossil” has a pair of horns above its head and its shape resembles the legendary animal often described in books and stories. It was recently exhibited in the Xinwei Ancient Life Fossils Museum in Anshun, Guizhou.

Dragons have often appeared in Chinese legends and apparently, Chinese people are often called the “descendents of the dragon”. For a long time, scientists (and me) thought that the dragon was a fictional animal existing only in stories.

The China dragon was a reptile animal living in the ocean in the Triassic Period about 200 million years ago. It was an amphibian. It spent most of its time living in water, although sometimes it walked on land. In which case, it sounds like it didn’t fly and couldn’t breathe fire. Not the same – never mind.

What the hell is this?

Really looks like a dragon to me, I mean minus the wings.

Looks to detailed to be photoshopped.

Interesting photo so I thought I would share and see what other think of this.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

Another source.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by predator0187]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I think its a fake.

Look at the surrounding objects and stuff.

So they expect me to believe, they found a real dragon skeleton, and then just tossed it on the floor next to all this junk?

Doesn't seem logical.

Looks like an artistic creation by a creative human.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

it look like mit is a prop for a movie...and also the room look like the place where they make prop for movie

you can clearly see this is a hoax

look realy real but...

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I thought so too, but damn it does look real.

Although so do transformers I guess.

It was in a museum display, but that still does not explain the way it is just lied around like junk, so I get you there.

Pred...

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I believe this is from a fake documentary that aired on either the history channel or the discovery channel. I remember how they advertised it to seem like they had actually found these remains. The show was more along the lines of "what if" something like this was found. It aired 3-4 years ago I think...

[edit on 2-5-2010 by xenthuin]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
It's a prop from the Animal Planet Special on dragons.
Look under Sneak Previews for the making of feature.

The Wiki article has some more stills from it, these pictures have been cycling around since the show came out.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by RuneSpider]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Like the other members said, it's from a documentary from Discovery. Also, I would like to add that the Dragon was made by Crawley-Creatures, a company specialized in this kind of things such as models, animatronics, prosthetic make-ups... They have quite a list of work for many films, comercials and documentaries.

Here are 2 other pics of the Dragon:

Cheers.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Nicely done. Very realistic.
Too bad it's a prop.
Anyway, why did they say it's reptile and amphibian? You're either a reptile or amphibian. Even if it lived under water but could walk the land, it's sound to me like saying that seal is a mammal, but it's also a fish.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Looks just like the dragon from the movie Dragonslayer (1981?) I mean it looks EXACTLY like it ,--second line.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Interesting but not real. Maybe not this one. Dragons are a world myth though. Almost every ancient culture in the world claimed to have seen them at one point or another.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

"Looks to detailed to be photoshopped. "

Thats where you lost me! :-(

that looks very photoshopped to me!

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   

nope man, it looks to "filmy" to be real + its tossed on a junkpile

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
[edit on 3-5-2010 by Psychiatrium]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Yeah that looks photo shopped. Its definitely fake.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
It's not photoshopped if it's a film/documentary prop, which it is. It looks very cool though. I wish I could sculpt like that.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I am about 98 percent positive that this is a picture from a program on discovery. About a year or so ago they had a hypothetical documentary on finding dragon skeletons. It was filmed as if scientist really discovered remains of ancient dragons. This kinda looks like one of them.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   

?But if its a REAL dragon why is it dead?
2nd

top topics

join