It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fears for crops as shock figures from America show scale of bee catastrophe

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

For quite some time I am starting to link the pesticide DNA resistant GM crops as the ones that are killing our bees or the bees after dying from pollinating the crops has move out of certain regions Nature is smart and it finds a way.

GMO crops are one of the most dangerous food source we human and animal kind have today.

If we humans are to kill our own species and those of our food supplies don't look any farther than GM foods.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I feel that since they are disappearing at such a high rate, people should start taking action to prevent them from becoming extinct. Instead of having them exterminated when they invade a home, we should find ways to move the hives to a safer location for all. Set up a wild life preserve just for them. They might be small, but they play a huge role in our lives. Why not show them some hospitality?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Ventessa

Is more complicated than that here in Ga we raise bees they are doing fine, I love them in my garden in spring and they come in great numbers, never been bitten by any of them.

This year the Ga farmers came to the conclusion that GM crops were dangerous when they were given free seeds to plant and try the GM cotton they found out that the seeds were highly invasive into other crops around killing the existing none Cotton crops.

We also had a down fall with the bee population also and bee farmers were losing their bees.

thankfully is getting better, slowly but steadily and GM crops will be banned this year.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by marg6043]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Good to hear they will ban the GM crap. I hope they learned their lesson...(one can dream)
lol. But seriously, there has to be something we can do to help them.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I can't resist the urge to find these two topics related:

Worst wildlife catastrophe since the extinction of the passenger pigeon: White Nose Syndrome (WNS).

WTF is going on????

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I believe eliminating what is killing them, pesticide and insect enhanced GMO crops, bees are insect so it doesn't take much to figure out that they will be killed by GM enhanced crops.

Also Monsanto the creators of round up a very popular insecticide for home use in the garden is the same ones that creates the DNA enhance seeds and crops, so if people buy this pesticides and insecticides for home use and use them in the garden they are no only killing pesky insects but friendly insects as well

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I also live in SC and have not seen a honey bee in at least 2 years or longer. I can't remember the last time I've seen one.

A note about carpenter bees: We have had them for several years, as well. My husband has finally eradicated them no matter how much protesting I have done. Yes, they drill holes in your house but the females collect pollen, so I tried and tried to get him to leave them alone. The holes are drilled in outside trim and are superficial, so in the interest of saving the bees instead of my house, I pleaded with him to let them be. Besides, the males can't sting but they guard the nests and chase off anything that comes too close, including wasps (and birds!) We haven't had a wasp hive on our property until this summer, after he got rid of the carpenter bees.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Never thought a whole lot about it until here. Yes, there are tons of carpenter bees here as well, and very few honeybees. My vegetables so far have not been getting pollinated which is a first, and I have been using a paintbrush to do Mother Nature's work by hand.

On a side note, it isn't surprising that this is coming from a UK source. More and more fed up with the US MSM, last night I was using ATS and SkyNews to get info on the car bomb. We are being left more and more in the dark on real news here because we can't stop talking about Tiger Woods' sex addiction.

S&F, thanks for bringing this to the light, Karlhungis.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I posted this on loams thread, his thread is another link to possible side effects of GM crops on mammals.

Monsanto doesn't tell is that in India the reason farmers are fighting the GM seeds and crops is that when they ere given to the farmers for free first their farm animals that ate the crops in the field were dying in very unusual numbers this were also mammals like cows and pigs.

No only that but Monsanto never got a study done on the impact of DNA crops on human consumption.

Actually ones study shows that when you eat GM crops the pesticide and insecticides stay longer in the gut and kills the friendly bacteria that aids in digestion..

Also the money trail that follows this corrupted company are embedded into our food and drug administration and labeling of GM foods into our food supply face a wall.

They are feeding us this crap and we can not even find out what are the foods that actually have them.

Now bees uses their pollen to create honey that they feed to their larvae, this will kill an entire colony and their offspring's if the honey is contaminated.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by Karlhungis
It is interesting to me that we are 4 years into this looming catastrophe and we still have no idea what could be causing it.

can anyone say

CHEMTRAILS !!!

think it was planned this way ???

It's clear to me. It's George Bush's fault.

And don't forget that HAARP thingy in Alaska.

If you paint super-thermite on a bee, would a bee carcass be found? This could explain many things.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Boy I hope you get a thousand stars for that post. I suspect you are correct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very asute reasoning.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Excellent post, someone who clearly thinks outside the box. A reserve for bees.

We need bees.

They are essential to our food chain.

Who would have thought a reserve, a special place of refuge for them.

Excellent reasoning.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Thanks, I have taken a lot of time to get information on our food supplies, the manufactures and the impact into our environment also the money trail and the fight against anything that is a danger to the profit making that goes for organic foods, vitamins and herbal remedies.

This is a list that actually shows what to avoid when shopping for food items and how to spot the GM in food labels.

www.nongmoshoppingguide.com...

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I believe they are in decline. This last week when I moved into my new apartment, I must have seen 10 dying bees, just lying on the sidewalk. They all seemed sick or stunned. I'd never seen anything like that before.

For the 10 I've seen lying on the sidewalks, there must be hundreds or thousands more I can't see.

Has anyone else noticed a lot of dead and dying bees around their area of the country?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

The disappearance of so many colonies has also been dubbed "Mary Celeste syndrome" due to the absence of dead bees in many of the empty hives.

This right here should tell you something. "abscence of dead bees in many of the empty hives.

So if the hives are empty, then if it were a virus or bacteria, there shou;ld be dead bees in the hives. Obviously. If it sonar related., which the bees are known to use to find the hive by the queens vibraotry signal, then I would say chemtrails and HAARP or cell phone towers. If it is a bacteria, then it was man made. That would be obvious.

When, in the history of man, did a "disease" EVER just develop out of thin air? It is a ridiculous idea to believe that nature works that way, and this idea of it being caused by nature has been shoved down our throats for a long time. That it happens naturally. BS!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

We have no idea what could be causing it or YOU have no idea? Take a look here www.abovetopsecret.com...

The cause has already been found but it would be too annoying to a lot of people to change.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Thanks, I have taken a lot of time to get information on our food supplies, the manufactures and the impact into our environment also the money trail and the fight against anything that is a danger to the profit making that goes for organic foods, vitamins and herbal remedies.

This is a list that actually shows what to avoid when shopping for food items and how to spot the GM in food labels.

www.nongmoshoppingguide.com...

Thank you so much for that post. Doesn't Monsanto have crops that do not need pollination? If I remember correctly, they have GMO fruits and other plants that don't need bees to pollinate them for the fruit and vegetables to grow?

So we would be at their mercy, how nice!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I was upset about this problem so I looked at Amazon.com. They have alot
of books on bee keeping. I am thinking of staring a hive up in my back yard. Maybe more folks should look in to this and consider it too. But since
I garden for a hobby, I don't really see a bee shortage here in SC. In fact all of our insects are extra large and plentiful due to the very mild climate.
We don't have flies here, at least I have never seen any. Fire ants are out of control. You can not garden in Crocs here.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Monsanto = Serial Killers

Personally…I believe the genetically modified corn crops are the sole reason for the Bee die off. Monsanto is pure evil and Bayer is another Nazi success that survived the fate of post WWII Germany. See the link below.

proliberty.com...

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
IMO I would have to agree with Muzzleflash's post on this, I also belive that it is a multitude of these things coming to a head...................The world is a scary place.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join