It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force's Falcon Hypersonic Glider Disappears Mysteriously

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Air Force's Falcon Hypersonic Glider Disappears Mysteriously

gizmodo.com

The Air Force's Falcon Hypersonic Technology Vehicle 2—designed to attack global targets at Mach 20—has disappeared nine minutes into its first test flight, just after separating from its booster. Contact was lost, and it hasn't been found yet.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
i wonder how they can lose an expensive plane like that.... that is pretty fishy to me ...

hopefully it wont end into bad hands

i would not like to be the guy responsable for losing that plane

does anyone knows anything about that plane... like price tag... technology ... performance

feel free to contribute

gizmodo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by hornyana_jones

Yeah I remember first hearing about this and thinking it was kind of strange. Unless it misfired and somehow left orbit, it shouldn't be too hard to find the thing whether or not they can communicate with it.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Maybe it decided it didnt want to kill anybody, and left?

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by hornyana_jones

Maybe Naval Space Command grabbed it when it entered the atmosphere??

Or maybe somehow it entered a wormhole when it hit its top speed...

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
It obviously has the same warp drive that the event horizon had, and is now in hell, and will return in a few years, though posessed by beings from a "dimension of PURE CHAAAOOOSSS!!!"

Obviously.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I also find it fishy that it "disappeared" . Surely radar or other forms of technology could at least find evidence of where it went. And surely a plane was already high in the air to take video of the launch. My logic says that the official purpose of this craft is a cover story for its real purpose. Only the imagination could speculate on that. Where it is, when it is, I have no Idea.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

Do you know any aircraft that travel at Mach 20 speeds? Chances are this thing had a major structural flaw, which would tear the entirety of it apart at speeds anywhere near half that fast. Chances are its scattered in pieces.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shark VA84
reply to post by wiredamerican

Do you know any aircraft that travel at Mach 20 speeds? Chances are this thing had a major structural flaw, which would tear the entirety of it apart at speeds anywhere near half that fast. Chances are its scattered in pieces.

I hope they find wreckage of it. Hate to think it was hi-jacked. If some one hacked the computers some how they could have flown it any where.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

join