It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fl. Bank Customer Uses Own Gun To Stop Bank Robber! (mark one up for the good guys!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

PALM BAY, Fla. -- A bank robber in Palm Bay couldn't get away from a bank Thursday, because a customer of the Space Coast Credit Union on Malabar Road had a gun and a concealed weapon permit. The customer used his gun to stop the robber.

Police identified the suspect as 23-year-old Floyd Francis. He's facing robbery charges. The man who stopped him, Ruben Torres, actually had his gun in his car in the parking lot. He had enough time to go out to his car, get his gun and then go back in and hold Francis for police.
Floyd Francis a.k.a: Sorry Sac

Torres went to the Space Coast Credit Union to pick up some cash for a cruise this weekend and was on his way out when he noticed a man walk in, give him a weird look, pull out a Walmart bag and put it on his head. It was the first sign it wasn't going to be just any visit to the bank. "It's not Halloween. You don't walk in and put a bag over your head unless you’re going to do something," Torres said.
Source: www.wftv.com...

This story is too funny. This man is goinna get his ....s busted in prison when word gets out about the details of his arrest and this story. lol

But, the point I wanted to bring up is the Concealed Weapon Permit [CWP]. We don't see many of these stories in the press altough we know they happen all the time (via the NRA reports as an example). This is just one fine example of the citizens right, and I say, DUTY right to carry a gun-concealed or otherwise.

No one can protect you 24 hours a day, Except YOU! If more people would carry there would be one heck of lot less crime. People/criminals would think twice about committing a crime against persons when not knowing if the potential victim has means to protect themselves. If it was common practice to carry, they would be less likely to go through with any ill acts.

Lets give it a try and see. Stop making protecting oneself a crime or whatever negative stigmatism Lefty Politicians and MSM are doing negative now-a-days!

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
It's always a double edged sword when it comes to firearms.

I generally follow my own motto on the subject: do what you do and keep it as low key as possible.

If I decide to arm myself for protection (which is an extreme rarity), I'm going to do it with as few people knowing about it as possible. You will never catch me at an NRA meeting or lobbying for gun rights.

Whats the quote? "speak softly and carry a big f*n gun?"

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I love hearing stories like this.

Just the other day my girlfriend had some friends over that were talking about how stupid it is that people have guns. I couldnt help myself but join in on the debate. People who have never fired a gun, dont understand guns, and have many misconceptions about guns seem to not get it.

If I was able to legally open carry every day here in los angeles, I would do so in a heart beat.

There are plenty of bad people out there, who are armed go the teeth, people mistakingly believe that jiu jitsu and karate will save you every time.....

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
citizen cop
way to go

I wonder if he was in a militia
in FL ???? Or just a plain citizen ???
Or what his background was.
Normally u dont see this type
of action by regular citizens.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Shark VA84

You hit the nail on the head with that statement. A mouthful.

And, I am there proteting ME. I don't know if I would thwart a bank robbery etc. But I am sure he saw Sorry Sac and made the determination he was not a typical bank robbing pro.

The good thing here is that he had the option to do something-which he did-and was deemed a Hero. At least in my book.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
tomrows up date on this will ne hero who save bank gets busted
for pulling a gun in bank.
who is any one kidding id ware a gun every ware go ahead ware your gun .
and the first cop with a bad day will have a field day with you.
farthermore lets say a guy trys to mug you or yours and you shot him
well expect man sluater charges better have a good lawer.
be real you have NO RIGHT to protect your self even in your own home .
how many times i wanted to help a person in distress only to see the cops arest THAT person.
the crimals dont care they get busted get a year and a day and get out to do it again.
the people who do care dont want even the day and should be able to protect them selfs with deadly force if needed.
I say as soon as a person says ill kill you blank you should be able to shot them dead . If you dont intend to hert someone dont say IT

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by xxcalbier

Great point it. Don't say something inappropriate. Hmmm hold people accountable for their words. That would be an interesting thing to see.

Would sure de-populate the county in a hurry. In the beginning anyway.

Lets give it a try.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by xxcalbier

You gotta have some faith-the media didn't put him (the citizen) in a negative light. This story just happen to have a happy/good ending.

This story could have went the other way and the citizen could have gotten killed etc. Just happened to run into Sorry Sac here.

The best part of this story is the citizen had the right and means to do it-if he decided to do something.

top topics

join