It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New catalyst found

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Renewable Energy: Inexpensive Metal Catalyst Can Effectively Generate Hydrogen from Water

They get closer and closer to be able to loose the oil. Soon we can
use water and any water no matter if its dirty or salty..

""

Hydrogen would command a key role in future renewable energy technologies, experts agree, if a relatively cheap, efficient and carbon-neutral means of producing it can be developed. An important step towards this elusive goal has been taken by a team of researchers with the U.S. Department of Energy's (DOE) Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (Berkeley Lab) and the University of California, Berkeley. The team has discovered an inexpensive metal catalyst that can effectively generate hydrogen gas from water.

""

Source

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Oh awesome, I read some that someone already invented energy free motor and other stuff.

The only problem is, will the Electric companies try to crush it?

I think they will most likely do that because thats what the oil companies did to the electric cars

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Now we just need to start manufacturing water, so that it does not become the new oil. I feel that passive energy research, like quantum and solar,for example, is much more important than this whole "next big thing to burn" scene.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
wouldn't that be nice

just pull up to the garden hose
and fill up

I love it

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miccey

They get closer and closer to be able to loose the oil. Soon we can
use water and any water no matter if its dirty or salty..

Yeah like the oil companies aren't going to hush this up.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sigil23
Now we just need to start manufacturing water, so that it does not become the new oil. I feel that passive energy research, like quantum and solar,for example, is much more important than this whole "next big thing to burn" scene.

No need, waste product is water..

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
You still need solar energy for this to work. Basically, it's a solar cell you pour water into and out comes hydrogen and oxygen. Hopefully, the efficiency would be such that it's dirt cheap to do compared with photoelectric or solar heat generators, and efficient enough that you don't end up paving the US with it to make enough energy.

The Australians are working on a titanium based version of it.

edit: apparently there's a form of it that is electric field driven as well, so you can use it as a highly efficient electrode in an electrolysis cell.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Bedlam]

new topics

top topics

join