It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars pictures of ancient techno devices!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Aresh Troxit

A) They are totally different than the rocks around them.

AND? Seriously, 'dude' or 'dudette'....there are PLENTY of similar examples, from photos taken here on Earth, that are showing the same sort of "anomolies", if viewed through a squinted eye, with a bent towards some sort of agenda.....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Adding, no offense....

[edit on 3 May 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Nice pic of Hercules... The Gods are on my side!!!

Seriously, none will take the challenge and find a similar rock here on earth? C'mon people! It's only a rock like any other! YOU are saying it! Substance please!

Show me so I can change my mind! I implore you to teach me by example!

No offense taken, weed!

Aresh

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
A good and fairly simple example any of us might be able to do, would be to get our hands on a polished chrome tube or pipe, perhaps 3-6 inch diameter, lay it on a bed of sand, at noon(ish) so the sun is more or less as it is in the image, and place low rocks and bits and bobs a few feet away, mimicking the image as much as possible.
Living in an appartment building I have problems with that approach, that's why I tried to look for a photo from Mars. At least the location is correct.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aresh Troxit
Her, let me throw a real challenge to all of you nay sayers... Find an object, natural, from earth, that looks exactly like the Wheeled bone-like strucure, with a dented wheel encased in a fine hole, etc. Then explain to me the process as I live to learn. I love going to bed smarter.
Have you ever found two stones that look exactly like each other and that are not crystals or those polished rocks from the bottom of the rivers (sorry, I don't remember the word, or if I even know the word)?

How do you expect anyone to find another rock that looks like that, even if it's a common process?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I'll give this point to you. I know they can't be exactly alike, but under the pretense it is natural and therefore common, it should be easy to find a natural looking wheel, with dents, encased into another rock, no? ( And not encased as fused but encased as in the picture, with a hole, so the mechanism can perform its work... )

Just like for any other rocks, so they can be categorized properly, that's all.

And as I said, if the process to create such items is too complex with full of unknown variables, well... Shouldn't we go to the easiest explanation? That is: manufacture?

Aresh

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Aresh Troxit]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Ahh...that would make it a bit more difficult!

I'll sort through my metal bin, and see if i can maybe come up with a 'reconstruction' in a day or two...i think i have a bag of sand laying around the garden too..

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aresh Troxit
I know they can't be exactly alike, but under the pretense it is natural and therefore common, it should be easy to find a natural looking wheel, with dents, encased into another rock, no? ( And not encased as fused but encased as in the picture, with a hole, so the mechanism can perform its work... )
The problem is that I don't see any wheel with dents encased into any rock on any of the images you posted, so even if possible I do not know what I should be looking for.

And as I said, if the process to create such items is too complex with full of unknown variables, well... Shouldn't we go to the easiest explanation? That is: manufacture?
The process may be complex and natural, the fact that we do not know the variables involved in the creation of a rock some millions of years ago doesn't mean that it was a complex process.

Also, manufacturing may be easier if you ignore the process that made the manufacturer, probably much more complex than the process that gave us the rock.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

This is the best I can do for the moment.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/f18c63ee2321645a.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Ok...here we go Aresh..crops as promised.

I've had a browse around your original image, and found a few more interesting objects. I'll do a proper systematic search later, and maybe find a few more.

btw..the '2nd' pipe, that looked like the chrome pipe i mentioned to you earlier, i've had a more thorough look, and now i'm leaning towards just rocks...(see, we anomaly hunters do still see ordinary rocks too!)

But here are the others.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3b9576e17523.jpg[/atsimg]

Maybe the original 'U'-tube.

Center of crop, a large U tube, pointing NN/W. Position on original image is a short way left of center, on the far rim.

Then there's this one.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/93f607171239.jpg[/atsimg]

Reminds me of an ancient Egyptian 'Lotus' column.

Long, even and tapering column, topped by a bulbous spheroid (the stylized Lotus flower in A.E.)

There are possibly several more matching columns nearby this one.

Next..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/75d01e52aff4.jpg[/atsimg]

Two strange shallow depressions. One roughly circular, and one a rectangular and shallow trench. Nothing natural nearby looks as though it could have made them, and they look fresh don't they..no rocks in them, and a collection of odd looking objects strewn around nearby..including a curving object with a blue tint to the top, with a semi-circular base, apparently embedded into the rim at a sharp angle..could this be a disc impact site?

How about a break for some art appreciation?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f2b6952a124b.jpg[/atsimg]

There is what appears to be several primitive and rudimentary rock artworks here in this crop above.

The dark image on the rock, looks for all the world (to me at least) like primitive artwork. This is NOT a shadow..there is nothing around to cast a shadow on this rock. If it's not a shadow..what is it? I know what i think it looks like, but i'll let you make up your own minds.

Just to the upper left of the dark image, there's a rock...what do you see on the surface of the rock? I see a figure that looks eerily similar to the 'Nazca ET man', and possibly another figure on the same rock to it's left.

Who could have performed this work?

Maybe...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6a88f617b2df.jpg[/atsimg]

It was this little chap, who's head and eyes are just peeking out from behind a rock.

I'd be hiding behind the rock if i saw an alien rover too!
So maybe Martians are green after all. Or the survivors of whatever wiped out their culture, use local pulverized rock dust and water as a UV screen making them look green. It's 'head' looks to be a similar size to the black rock art image...a self portrait perhaps?

Well, that's it for now...and to the skeptics..yes, yes..i know most or all of you cannot see anything, and yes, i know you think they are just rocks etc. etc. This post is for those that are interested in possibilities, not hard proof.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Heheh! That's made my day ArMaP!

Absolute classic.

A+ for effort my man!

Please tell me you didn't destroy your vacuum cleaner to do it!

Nice one.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I've posted the image in question, below... But for your pleasure only, i'll phrase things differently... Here goes; Find a rock, with an opening similar to the one in the pic, and with a circular rock encased, not fused, in it.
Remember, tho: it has to be a natural process that creates this. Since it has been decided by the majority that this was a common rock, I want to see rocks that can be categorized in the same class as this fellow here...

You should take your picture of the pipe in a park, in the sand, in a similar position so we can be better judges. My pipe isn't in an appartment!...

Thanks

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f09ff54f93c8.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

I know it's nothing like the original photo, but as you can see in my sad attempt of showing how a tube reflects the surrounding area, the white piece of Styrofoam appears "squashed" on the reflection and the red blanket is almost invisible.

That's what I was trying to say, perspective is much distorted when things are seen reflected on a tube, specially with such a small diameter.

PS: no vacuum cleaners were harmed in the making of that photo.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

OK Armap.....

Now I want to see your simulation of the gorilla on Mars.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Hey man, screw the haters.
This is good stuff.
Regardless of how it pans out and what this stuff is found to be, you took a try and did it in a bold way.
Personally, I can see quite a bit of what you're pointing out.
Of course, that may be perhaps because I want to see it, which is good enough for me.
If none of this is what you thought, then whatever...you gave it a good go.
If it is...well then...you're a genius.
The drawings were well done, by the way.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

I love this "tire", near the " disc impact site " Lucky for everybody, this is a natural, spherical, tire-like rock. Probably the tip of a small crater that got sliced off by the Lander...

I love the U or J tube ( ! ) and totally see the column. For the art part, I'm wondering if it is a skull, joined by two teeth, or if it is a stylized winged-serpent...
The "little critter" looks like the son of Jabba...

Oh, here is the tire blow out... ( Landing gear of your disk, maybe?!? )

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bcc186948091.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Matthew Dark

Why, thank you!
A kind word here and there is highly appreciated! I totally love your avatar, by the way. Very class!

What I would like, now, is to see someone take on my little challenge...

Now, I think I'll up this up for myself as I'll try to find as many shots of the place as possible to corroborate or discredit my work. ( I guess I should have done so before, but I was still young and naïve, then... )

Aresh, feeling enthusiastic, for now.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Sure, i see what you mean.

(I'm still tickled at your piccy
)

On a curving, reflective surface, anything reflected will be distorted along the line of the curve. A reflection of a straight, vertical post for example, depending on the angle the image was shot at, will become short and fat at the mid section of the tube, with a pronounced curve at the top and bottom, curving right or left.

There are lots of vairiables.

In your image we can see the black desk frame reflected. There are both vertical and linear elements to the frame, and they are being reflected, although distorted (elongated and squashed).

I do appreciate what you mean, and honestly thank you for your efforts to illustrate your points. Great stuff.

Until though, we can (with respect) re-create the scene in the image as closely as possible, this is still going to be an unresolved debating issue i feel.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   

There's another 'tyre' directly to the left and partially under the first one too.

I was torn between a U and J as well, although i thought the curve was strong enough to warrant a U.

There are other column type objects nearby the one in the crop. A couple are smaller and at least one more looks the same size as the one in the crop, although it's perspective is pretty much lotus end on, so it's difficult to see.

I though the black art on the sand coloured rock, looked like a stylized skull too.
My second thought was that it looked like a crude representation of the lander coming down with it's parachute attached. We see ancient examples of primitive rock art on Earth, of extraordinary events and objects the locals thought to be significant..an alien aerial craft descending would probably be significant to a Martian thrown back to it's 'stone age'. It looks as though it was burnt on..

Did you see this figure on the rock? (above and left of the skull/lander)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e6e94ec47276.jpg[/atsimg]

It immediately reminded me of this figure 'the Nazca space man'..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7c83efbd5d04.jpg[/atsimg]

Here's a crop of the 'Hiding Martian and the 'rock art' to see where they are in relation to each other.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a91394c96cb2.jpg[/atsimg]

This little green 'rock' certainly seems to be watching the rover!

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

hmm... I was thinking... Could the "disk skid marks" could be the Lander's... It is in line with it, sort of. And you point to the fact it seems recent, so...

I knew immediately what you meant with the alien art, and the similar look it had with earthly drawings of heavenly visitors... You're pushing the envelope farther than me!

What I found interesting, this morning, is that the one next to the skull/lander/winged serpent art is seen in some kind of depression. we can see a ridge to its left. What I found to be interesting is that it seems to have the same shape as that of the pic "Exploded something", which is also an empty body. A container of some sort?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join