It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars pictures of ancient techno devices!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thanks for doing that ArMaP,

But unless the 3d image is composed of two different images taken a short distance apart, we are not seeing a real representation of what would happen to any possible surface features and reflections of what appears to be the yellow sand beneath it, the thin black slanted object, at it's left end is being reflected (or appears to be), and the immediate rocks nearby look as though they're reflected too.

If they were two separate images, rather than the single one with distortion in the perspective (is this what you did?), any reflections would change according to the camera position. But they wouldn't change in the same image, unless the vantage point of the camera changed.

It has what looks like a flanged rim at the right end too, with specular highlight.

I don't know what it is..but to me it sure looks like a shiney tube.

Cheers.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Aresh Troxit

Thanks, I can see it now.

I couldn't find it because it looks like this in the original photo, a little different from the one you posted.

Edited to add your image.

[edit on 2/5/2010 by ArMaP]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Sorry, I forgot to say that the animation was made with the images from the left and the right camera, so it's a true representation of the 3D scene.

If that cylinder-looking object was really reflective I think it would be brighter (not as much as the heat shield but more than the surrounding rocks) and the reflection would be highly distorted by the shape of the object, with most of the top part reflecting the sky, most of the bottom part reflecting the ground and a thin strip with the rest of the panorama from the object's point of view.

PS: if you want it I can make a red/blue anaglyph with those images, or a cross-eye version.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Its easy to have people see objects if you draw the lines for you. Your are pretty much giving a little kid a connect the dots picture. You tell them they cant use a anything to draw the lines, and the picture is already done. I could got to place near me called creators of the moon, go take some pictures and draw CGI stuff like that. I am sure it would look almost exactly like that, without the rust color of course.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by secretstoshadow111

Are you talking to NASA?!? That's where the pics come from... They were made out of the one linked in the OP.
And to say the work I present is like conducting the minds here as if infants is... amusing...

To ArMAP, yeah, I did make it come out for convenience... Thanks!

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I think the pipe looks like just another rock and the fact it looks like a pipe is all in the mind of the observer. Its an oblong rock and the one end is darker giving the illusion of a hole.

I'm absolutely horrendous at anything artistic but I threw the image in MS paint to outline the rock but it doesn't even look cylindrical:

Just looks like a rock embedded in the Martian soil to me.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Great, thanks for clearing that up.

Does it not look like exactly as you described it would look, if it were reflecting?

The top, the sky - the bottom, the sand at it's bottom edge, and the sides it local area?

It does to me. The top of it has the rusty false sky colour, the bottom edge (nearest the camera) has the yellow/orange sand colour and the center area, has the refection of the thin black object, the one two thirds down 'the pipe's' length, tilted at about a 45 degree angle..there's a clear, distorted reflection (as you'd expect on a cylinder) of this black thin object, on the pipe. The rest of it, seems to be showing it's immediate surroundings to the left of it, from our point of view.

One more curious thing about this object, and i've not seen any posts to say it, but there also seems to be lettering on the 'pipe'!

Yep, really - i'm serious.

A clear number '6' forllowed by what looks like a number '3', half the size of the '6'.

They are both in the dark, shadowed area, along the pipe's middle area.

Here's a crop, and enhancement showing what look like the numbers.

Curiously, here's a rock with what looks like another number '6' on it. (right side of crater bank, half way down...only large rock there)

Now, don't get me wrong, i'm not saying these are actual numbers, but they're strange nonetheless. One more for a full set eh....

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I took the new enhance image and blew it up to and noticed the reflection of the rock in the foreground and then the sand in the bottom side of the pipe. Also left of this I noticed either an Emblem or a burn mark...Looks like an eye symbol to me..interestingly it looks like the an inverted symbol of the Mayan Galactic Centre. Yep theres 2 pipes 1 seems partially buried or damaged.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by DreamerOracle]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Added another image to my last post if you guys couldn't see what I meant ...All I've done is changed the contrast, brightness, and enhanced the Shadowed and highlighted areas. PSP9

As to what it actually is I'd say 2 possibilities.
1.Crash site. If its been there along time the only thing left would be the buisness end.
2.Ventilation/sewerage pipes. A more advanced version of our beach storm drains maybe.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
This brings to mind the Rorschach ink blot test. I see a lot of rocks and I would love to see some ancient technology. In my opinion, it's just not there.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
Does it not look like exactly as you described it would look, if it were reflecting?

The top, the sky - the bottom, the sand at it's bottom edge, and the sides it local area?
No, it should be different.

I know it's not the same thing, but here you have a metallic cylinder on Mars.

You can see that the ground area is very thin because the cylinder is not much wide, and the small the cylinder's circumference the smaller the size of reflection (for a huge cylinder the reflecting surface would be almost a flat surface, like a common mirror).

The darker area on the cylinder cannot be the reflection of any rock, to have a reflection like that on a small cylinder it must have been something closer to the cylinder and much higher than the cylinder itself.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Sorry but your picture is from above and not from the side at a distance i.e Front right side. Think about how a mirror works.
Anyway I know what ...I... see . No amount of persuasion is gonna change my view, I have a very good perspective eye.
Its just like some people are Tone Deaf and Some aren't. Some people can judge and see perspectively and some people just cant see the woods for the trees.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DreamerOracle
Sorry but your picture is from above and not from the side at a distance i.e Front right side. Think about how a mirror works.
That's why I said it was not the same thing, and I have been thinking about how mirrors work since I read that some people thought this is a reflective cylinder.

Anyway I know what ...I... see . No amount of persuasion is gonna change my view, I have a very good perspective eye.
Well, I don't really know what I see, and I can be persuaded if someone presents any convincing information, I just don't see it being presented.

As for your "good perspective eye", I have my doubts, if you are unable to see that the supposed reflection could not be a reflection of what is present around the object.

PS: I suppose you are answering my post.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
So the mods are allowing people to ridicule this by saying stuff like "Oh your on '___' or PCP" or whatever.

Come on. That is totally unacceptable.

If you cannot make a legit argument you fail. Bottom line.

It is obviously a chrome pipe, no one has given a single decent explanation debunking it.

Calling people druggies is UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR!

If it is acceptable, than I will simply say, the only reason you don't think it's a chrome pipe is that you are a disinformation agent/retard/or on drugs.

Name calling never works around here. You guys need to grow the hell up.

At least 2-3 people posted (mostly the mods) decent arguments, although I do not think they were convincing.

I have a GREAT RESPECT for people who disagree with reasoning. But i have NO RESPECT for people who just say "Your on drugs!" It's so childish and immature...

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
These are all rocks, my friend. Nothing more.

Fascinating pic of mars though...

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

So the mods are allowing people to ridicule this by saying stuff like "Oh your on '___' or PCP" or whatever.

Claims like this ^ are a direct response to claims like this:

It is obviously a chrome pipe

Calling something which looks like a rock on the Martian surface anything BUT a rock is just silly. While I admit a pipe is easy imagine over top of the rock the actual shape and color of the rock isn't anything spectacular and certainly doesn't make it obviously a "chrome" pipe.

Equal and opposite reaction, the people being ignorant and claiming folks are on drugs are a reaction to people claiming a simple rock just has to be a chrome pipe because they say so. Sort of a case of ignorance begets ignorance if you ask me.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by muzzleflash

Claims like this ^ are a direct response to claims like this:

It is obviously a chrome pipe

So in return, because I don't feel an appreciation to my liking, instead of teaching, I should ridicule?...

Bah, I had fun preparing this. Obviously, it is to peoples' liking, seeing how popular it seems to be getting.
But in the overall, I learned a few things and mostly, I've met some incredible people already.
So in my opinion, I win all the way because I made a gain on many counts.

And thanks to muzzleflash to bring this up. You are one of the nice people I've met this week-end!

Hey! What happened?...

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Aresh Troxit]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Well the pictures you made are cool but I feel that too many here have taken them seriously. No offense but they all look like regular old Martian rocks to me.

I don't like that people are claiming drug use but you have to admit projecting imagination on every little Martian rock gets old after a while and ATS has plenty of these threads around. Whenever there is a far out borderline silly premise to a thread there are going to be rude folks claiming you're crazy.

If I were you I'd do this for some other Martian rocks and post it elsewhere because regardless of my opinion about them just being rocks the pictures are pretty cool

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

I didn't project anything!!! I simply gave the "objects" exotic simple names, maybe evocative. But how and where am I to share and ask if I can't do it here?...
And they may be getting old, but never to a newbie, who could have seen an introduction to some topics being discussed politely. Why do you think I waited that long to post these? I had to toughen up, first...

Thanks for the compliments. And to your articulated point of view.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join