It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars pictures of ancient techno devices!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
While I do commend you for your drawing ability, those are only rocks.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by MisterMan

Thanks, I did the drawing for my avatar, so, yep, I know how to draw...

But do you think the Chrome pipe also looks like a rock?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Aresh Troxit

This is actually pretty cool, but wouldn't it be easier to project imagination onto photos of Earth rocks? Can you do clouds next?

When I was a kid I used to dig up rocks in the backyard and pretend they were dinosaur fossils or ancient tools but at the end of the day they were just rocks. People always like to come up with spectacular speculations about the most mundane.

Still those are some pretty cool drawings done over top of the rocks so you get a star anyway.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Well, thanks for the star.
But know this was not an exercise to find shapes in rocks. I just saw the shapes while looking at the picture and decided to share with all of you to get ideas about them. What do you think of the Chrome Pipe?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Where's the fire? I really can't see anything. I'd love to see something but once again it's all blurry, faded or just a bad copy.

I guess we all will know when the right pictures/clips are shown, these are not.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I have commend your effort put forth, scetching all that must have taken some time!

The pipe is definitely the best!

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I wish I could believe this I really do but they are rocks. Atleast the trees looked like trees.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Personally, I think if there is technology on Mars, then it has been left there by a previous human civilisation from Earth, sending probes and rovers etc to see whats there. Just like we are now. We are not the first human civilisation with technology.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I just took the pipe image and blew it up for closer inspection........the pipe end has tapering inside it and at the other end the plate of rock or metal IDK has red and yellow bands on it like decoration of some type
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ff4373c54a88.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dba6c4a57b15.gif[/atsimg]

[edit on 2-5-2010 by DreamerOracle]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Aresh Troxit

Am i missing something really bloody obvious here, but are you telling me you didn't see this?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d2cfb9150b83.jpg[/atsimg]

Far side of the crater rim...it was the first thing i saw!

This has to be part of the mission...surely...this thing is definitely artificial, the symmetry is rock solid proof of artificiality.

Is it ours?

[edit on 2/5/2010 by spikey]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

It's the heat shield.
www.sentandoapua.com.br...

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ahh..thought it had to be part of the mission.

No way it was EVER going to be THAT easy!

Thanks.

Mind you, the image you linked to, actually looks nothing like the object on the rim. So perhaps it is going to be that easy!

Is there any images of the complete heat shield? Prior to launch.

It's just that in the crop, you can see three distinct spherical objects left of centre, plus lower down on the bottom edge, there are two 'arms' with spherical tips, exactly the same size and shape as each other.

The image you linked to does indeed show the heat shield, but it's very close to the lander base, isn't it? There's no lander base near the object i've cropped...although there is another light, but indistinct object along to the right...just above the rim.

Here's a better crop.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3f04b0a3086a.jpg[/atsimg]

Does it look anything like your linked image Phage?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f2e94567584a.jpg[/atsimg]

Notice how close the lander is to the heat shield? See the terrain, it's smooth sand around the heat shield, but a rough rocky slope, near the object in my crop.

Just having a VERY quick glance around the image i've noticed several other very symmetrical and very artificial looking objects around the far end of the crater rim. I'll make some more crops, and try to enhance a little.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Looks just like rocks casting shadows on other rocks in the dust
to me.
I think people who spend time searching out alien artifacts in mars rover pics are looking to hard...

Seriously they are just rocks.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

You could say it's a chrome pipe, because that is exactly what it appears to be.

We all know about pareidolia, and whilst applicable in a lot of cases, as in 'sometimes a rock is just a rock', it's equally true, 'that sometimes an artifact is an actual artifact.

Besides, rock don't have a mirror finish, and reflect nearby rocks, which this pipe-like object clearly is.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

Yea how dare you blame tetrahydrocannabinol! Maybe lay of the psilocybin or lysergic acid diethylamide. But never the sweet cheeba!

To Greeneyedleo
We all know it's a very vivid imagination and a strong desire to want to find something on mars. However if your not a doctor in psychology then don't claim it's a psychological condition, perhaps suggest it.

How come you use Google to look up unusual rocks? Then link us with that. Mars and Earth have very different extremes in which ways they'll shape their own rocks.

To the OP, I commend your interest in your search and its admirable your spending as much time on it as you seem to be. Perhaps try to unwind and loosen up a bit, take the approach from a different angle and see the pictures for what they are. Mostly rocks! Although the cylindrical rock is by far the coolest. Don't ever give up your interests though you will perhaps find something. I know I won't because I don't spend time looking at pictures as you do so for that good luck sir.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

I don't think it's a tube and I don't think its metallic either, I don't see any reflectiveness on that object.

To give a better idea of what it looks like, here is an animation to give an idea of the 3D scene.

And here is a colour composite made with the radiometrically corrected images and some adjustments to give it less of that annoying reddish tint.

And here with some more changes to try to correct the fact that the image was made with an image from the infra-red channel instead of the red.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The rocks do, I'm afraid, just look like rocks - the photos are too indistinct.
However the chrome pipe does indeed look like a chrome pipe. If it isn't then WTF is it? What sort of rock could naturally resemble a chrome pipe?
The object to it's left looks like a sprocket and above that there appears to be another chrome pipe very closely resembling the first. That is something I hope other readers will find worth taking a second look at because duplication is like the Holy Grail of Martian and lunar anomalies.
There have been shiny metallic objects spotted before - there was a box-like object in a rover photo that did the rounds late last year, but two identical objects in the same pic and it's case closed for alien activity on Mars.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aresh Troxit
And, perhaps, a trace left by something alive that turned, underground, as in the Alternative 3 infamous Mars Landing...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/957333f4ea71.jpg[/atsimg]
In context, you will not find the rover's wheels traces near the last one.
I couldn't find that area on the panorama on the NASA site, could you please tell us where in that panorama is this area?

Thanks in advance.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Hello, as I've said in a previous post, I worked on these pics some time ago, and it is closer to the rover than I remembered... It is located to the right of the pic, about a quarter from the side, and totally at the bottom.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join