It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New to ATS and a bit paranoid

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Greetings ATS Community,

I have been in the US Military nearly all of my adult life and seen many things that are in your pages here with my own eyes. I have formulated my own ideas about things over the years but never shared them with anyone but immediate family and friends. Now that I have been out for a few years I'm starting to feel the need to talk more about my ideas but I am concerned that this site could be gathering information on us. It occurred to me that a site like this would be perfect for gathering information on who knows what about what. Who could be a potential threat down the road ect. How do we know that this isn't some NSA project? If anyone happens upon this thread I am curious if you have wondered this; if you have any information that would discount my concern; and if you have wondered about the security of the site how did you come to terms with the possibility of being spied on?

JackJack

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by JackJack

Hi JackJack, and welcome to the ATS community. For now, you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only.
Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

NEW! ATS Video Tutorials

Terms & Conditions Lite!

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

What's up High-Speed..?

It occurred to me that a site like this would be perfect for gathering information on who knows what about what.

and if you have wondered about the security of the site how did you come to terms with the possibility of being spied on?

Indeed...to both.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Hey JackJack. Welcome to ATS. When you get settled in and everything, check out my thread about members names. I put it in the Freshman forum but it is for any and all ATSers.

Here is the link: www.abovetopsecret.com... It is called: So, what is in a name?

Feel free to read the little stories people left and if you wish, leave yours.

Everyones got a story to tell.

anon72

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, this is the best site to discuss anything you have on your mind.

Let me "warn you" ahead of time that if you are going to create a thread, make sure to do four things and you will be just fine.

1)Use proper spelling and grammar, and most important use seperate paragraphs and no huge run on sentences. -- Nothing turns away a conversation like bad english.

2)Do your research! This site has YEARS worth of fantastic threads and tons of great debates and posted information. Use the search feature up top in green to find similar topics and read them ALL before you post simliar threads again about the same subject.

3)If posting personal experiences try to include as much relevent factual information as possible; if posting something from somewhere else, evidence is key to a strong argument. -- I can't tell you how many threads claim to certain things, only to post a few wild stories, stir up false hope and eventually fade away like the rest of the hoaxers.

4) THE MOST IMPORTANT!!! -- DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Enjoy your stay here and we look forward to seeing you in the forums!

**Edit**

Sauron beat me to it. Do you have that post saved already so you can just copy/paste?

[edit on 1-5-2010 by Kingalbrect79]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Hi JackJack, you really should be paranoid. Especially since I have just watched this TV commercial in this thread here www.abovetopsecret.com...

The video the Original Poster shared with us is why we ALL should be paranoid now.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS JackJack.

I was born and raised military and seen my share of oddties over the years...much of which led me here to compare notes with others here on ATS.

I know this sounds somewhat silly, but if there are NSA agents on site - they're some of the coolest guys and gals you'll ever meet.

Feel free to speak easy here.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Hey, welcome aboard. The paranoia usually subsides, topic dependent
. Just remember this is not a confessional, this site is monitored.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS Jack! To answer your question, in my opinion, this site is routinely monitored by various government organizations.
Should that stop you from posting? No. You can pose questions, and discuss issues without revealing national secrets or info you may have been privy to in your career....you should instinctly know how far you can go... and as you are a member longer, you will find out that there are many ex and current military, law enforcement, spooks, both real and imaginary, writers and media people, and fortunately only a few nut cases, who post here. Most who come here are seeking the truth about a variety of matters that they are truly interested in, don't understand those issues, or both. Others have agendas, or are seeking their 15 minutes of fame. Enjoy your membership and I look forward to reading some of your posts.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by manta78]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Wow! Thank you all for your replies. I am amazed that they all came so soon after I posted my introduction. Thank you also for confirming my suspicions and that a certain amount of discretion is also indicated.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Hi and welcome JackJack

Yes, I believe this site among many others are watched. And how to come to terms with it? Well, it bothered me at first. Now, I figure they are watching no matter what. What can really be done about it? Just be honest and know what lines should and shouldn't be crossed if you're not completely prepared for whatever may happen. You should know what those are.

Otherwise just enjoy yourself learn and share as much as you can while we still have the option.

Can't wait to see some posts from you.
Much love
~Tragic~

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
The way to overcome the fear is to stop caring if you are being spied on. I simply don't care and the more information that gets out the better and the less they will be able to do anything about it. Once it's out it is out they sometimes try to shut the barn door but it does not good is the cows are already out.

They then put out misinformation to try and create doubt and dilute the truth etc. And of course that how you know if you hit close to home when they go into CYA mode.

I wouldn't worry to much if I were you as they do not have the man power to monitor everything said on the internet. Sure they can record it all but some body still has to read through it and they simply don't have enough people to read everything. So you have to raise some kind of red flag to get thier attention before they will actually start spying on you.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Fear & paranoia are survival traits. Just don't let them get out of hand.

The question really is "are you paranoid if they are really keeping track?". Every cell phone & computer is open to monitoring by someone but I am sure there is No Such Agency of these United States that would do so. OK, maybe all of them.

Actually, the watchers gain a lot by coming here because this is a good place. To have your heart & mind welcomed no mater who you are is rare. Welcome. "Walk right in, sit right down, daddy let your mind roll on", open a beverage of your choice and enjoy.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
hey buddy im new here as well. i did not join for about a year. finally said hell with it all. i have a right to speak freely. hey i think a cool thread would be established members who have been outed as agents lol.
i have been wanting to use the word "outed" for a while now but jack seriously have fun here i make a choice whith evry thred i read not to let it get me all tweaked out from big bro...ya know? paranoia has a level of choice in it much love and have fun!

-peace

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

The paranoia of being monitored is something you'll learn to live with it.

Big Brother won't make us stop searching for the truth so enjoy your time here.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Maybe it "is" just parnoia to think every aspect of your life is being monitored... How could they possibly know how much money you make... (Income Taxes) How much food you eat...(Weight on your driver's license) Who your family is...(Social security and other documents) What kind of car you drive... (Insurance an DMV)

I guess the only thing they can do next is know where you are at every moment of your life... (RFID)

Anyway Welcome to you.

And A Hardy Hello from a new guy.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
as long as you do not threaten the powers-that-be with sensitive information, you can pretty much say what you want. but, as you may already know, they do have drugs that induce heart attacks, which become inert and untraceable within hours.
look at it this way...we are allowing the growth and distribution of poppy plant heroin in afghanistan, because it provides such huge profits, at the same time it is killing thousands of people a year.
so, as long as you do not interfere with profits or with embarassing the wealthy of this world, you're fine.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
hi and welcome, let the truth unfold ;D

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
hi and welcome, let the truth unfold ;D

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I really appreciate all of the thoughtful and helpful comments. What amazes me is that you all found this thread. There are so many threads on ATS, is there some way you found this one (like a watch list) or is it just through searching around on your own?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join