It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Having problems loading a site

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Whenever I try to go to Cryptomundo.com, I keep getting this message.

Oops! Internet Explorer could not find www.cryptomundo.com
Try reloading: www.­cryptomundo.­com

Additional suggestions:
•Access a cached copy of www.­cryptomundo.­com
•Search on Google:

When I access a cached copy of the site it shows up, but pictures do not. When I click on something on the site, I need to do the same thing again, access a cached copy of the page.

I was having this problem a while ago, then it started to work and now again its not working.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Cheers

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxMulder91

Well, I just tried it to check and it loads fine for me.

[Mac OS X, Safari]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Thanks for the response.

I created a thread about it in the Cryptozoology/Mythical Beasts forum on ATS and it was working for everyone else that posted in the thread, I believe.

Im using Internet Explorer.

Cheers

[edit on 1-5-2010 by FoxMulder91]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Loads fine in Firefox.

I'd recommend switching. IE is a piece of junk.

www.mozilla.com...

TheAssoc.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoxMulder91
Whenever I try to go to Cryptomundo.com, I keep getting this message.

Oops! Internet Explorer could not find www.cryptomundo.com
Try reloading: www.­cryptomundo.­com

downforeveryoneorjustme.com...

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Try using this link instead of the name, if it works it's a problem with your service provider failing to convert the name into the IP address.

PS: There's no need to change to Firefox, but if you want to change I suggest Opera, it's much better than Firefox.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

PS: There's no need to change to Firefox, but if you want to change I suggest Opera, it's much better than Firefox.

Opera may be better than Firefox, but there's still nothing worse than IE.

TheAssoc.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

I don't have any problems with IE, except when seeing pages made specifically for Firefox.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Fair enough. I'm just not a huge fan of Microsoft. I have to use Pro Tools for audio recording and therefore my choices are Windows or Apple, barring a dual boot set-up or a second computer.

I'm not gonna pay exorbitant fees for a chop-shopped BSD distro (Apple OS), so I'm basically stuck with Windows when I'd rather be using Linux. I'm sure you can understand my frustration.

:bnghd:

In all fairness, I should probably be more angry with Digidesign/Avid than with Microsoft, but I just really, really hate Microsoft (and Apple for that matter).

Back on topic, I'd still switch to a different browser. After all the years of bugs and security holes in all the previous versions, I just don't trust it.

TheAssoc.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

From what I have seen, it depends.

IE 7 and IE 8 on Windows Vista and Windows 7 behave much better than the same versions for Windows XP, they were not really made for Windows XP and that shows.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Haven't tried Windows 7 yet, but I trust your opinion.

I'm holding off on upgrading all together until there are 64-bit versions of all the software I have to use, so it might be a while until I take 7 for a test drive.

But for me, it's a trust issue. I don't trust Microsoft as far as I can pick Bill Gates up and throw him, so the less MS software I have to use the better.

When possible, I like to use open-source alternatives like VLC Media Player instead of Windows Media Player. And that goes for most software as well, not just MS software. For example, using Evince in place of Adobe Acrobat Reader.

But at the end of the day, it's whatever works for ya and my personal preference is to avoid MS stuff and use open-source software as much as possible.

TheAssoc.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by TheAssociate]

top topics

join