It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning: Why your Internet might fail on May 5

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barkster
I find it interesting that the the entier network we have is modeled after the PTB god. It has thirteeen points for routing traffic. The number of parts of the Illumined. the number of parts of thier god osiris. they put it in everything of importance to ruling in the New World Order that is blossoming.

Good point Barkster; linking the two is interesting.
Now that you mention it, I have to agree, could be
something significant; not that I fear May 5th as the
dooms day of the internet, but who knows; could be?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
For all we know he is a paid disinfo agent and they are shutting down the internet and telling us "nothing to see here, carry on citizen!" so that we'll wait like sheep to be carted off to the FEMA red/blue/yellow camps, lol.

Seriously though what is the purpose of this upgrade? If the smaller packets are faster why are they 'upgrading' to larger packets 'signed' packets or whatever.

What does this upgrade accomplish, how does it improve my internet connection?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
No one knows how this will benefit our internet connections?

Why is this upgrade important, what does it do to improve my connection?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmaddness

Warning: Why your Internet might fail on May 5

I have AT&T internet service...

I really don't see how it's going to be any different from any other day.

Wait...

This time, there's a reasonable excuse for my connection failing.

TheAssoc.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Its probably to compliment an even faster system of filter traffic for insubordinates. Sorry I just don,t trust BB.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
cyber espionage can be done very effective if your already on the inside...

but i wonder how well the convergance will take place for all the routing/routed protocols when these updates are being dropped into the production network...

McAffee just had a pretty huge hip-cup in their updates, this just may follow suite... but some traffic passes through tunnels This could also be the dept. HLS pushing a watch ful eye on us in the background... the government already has CALEA tunnels...?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Just a reminder

As of May 5 at 17:00 UTC (which is actually pre-dawn on Thursday 6th on the East Coast of Australia), all DNSSEC signature-laden messages sent back to a user's DNS resolver will be four times the size - up to 2 KB. And should packets of that size be rejected, the message would likely be sent in multiple packets via the TCP protocol.

This is 12:00pm (Noon) in EST in the US. Should be interesting to see if anyone is effected.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I'm definetly being "affected" today. Very frustrating! Hope it straightens out soon.

Anyone else having problems?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Just so you all know, this update is to secure the Domain Name System (DNS).

When you type in the domain name "www.abovetopsecret.com" in your browser, the DNS's name servers will convert that name into an IP address of one of ATS' servers so our computers can connect to them.

Hackers have taken advantage of an exploit known as DNS cache poisoning which is where they send FAKE official looking DNS data to the DNS name servers which then spreads to other name servers via a cache system designed to make the DNS faster. This FAKE data then tricks DNS name servers into converting domain names into incorrect IP addresses.

So if someone truly wanted, they could have tricked the DNS name servers into converting "www.abovetopsecret.com" to their own personal IP address and take over ATS. They could even forward all traffic to real ATS servers, and nobody would even know there was a middle man watching all traffic pass through.

This new DNSSEC system being installed today adds a "signature" to the DNS process which would make it much harder for someone to send FAKE DNS data. That is, until someone learns how to forge the signature...

As an owner of several domain names I am glad to hear they are finally securing the DNS system.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by ALLis0NE]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
well the internet didn't fail yet..... but this is pretty big news for the internet!!!!! Thread already started on this story, just breaking now!!!

news.cnet.com...

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
My Comcast internet was out from 3-9 pm. I am sure this was the issue. They seem to have a handle on it.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
It's now just gone 11am on 6 May, here in South Australia and all's well with the Internet.
So yet another failed doomsday prophesy ... just one amongst the many we're being constantly bombarded with here on ATS

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

Umm, this wasn't any "doomsday prophecy."

This was a simple warning that there may be interruption in the internet for "some" people.

That is why the thread title is clearly stated as Why YOUR internet MIGHT fail.

It was not Why THE internet WILL fail.

I suggest you learn the difference before blindly posting your "I knew it all would be fine all along" type posts.

sheesh. Do people even read threads anymore?

[edit on 5-5-2010 by xmaddness]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
All's well here in the Dirty South. Even with AT&T as an ISP.

On a related note:

Originally posted by tauristercus
So yet another failed doomsday prophesy ... just one amongst the many we're being constantly bombarded with here on ATS

The OP wasn't making a doomsday prophesy; quite the opposite, actually:

Originally posted by xmaddness

So if you, and what seems like a lot of others, are having issues with the internet on May 5th, it is not due to any of the following:

• a false flag attack
  • the end of the world
  • an alien invasion
  • a separate dimension colliding with ours
  • Niburu
  • A black hole from the LHC
  • A massive coronal mass ejection from the sun
  • NWO takeover
  • HARRP
  • 2012 Mayan Calendar
  • Global Warming
  • Global Cooling
  • Chemtrails side effect
  • Chinese Hackers

(From the op).

TheAssoc.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Nothing happend, thank goodness. The internet is still up and running. At least for now lol.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I have noticed some sites are transmitting slower than average, but I can still access these sites.

I hope it returns to it's regular speed.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join