It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Siberian Hunter Saves Yeti From Drowning

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Of course not, you're entitled to your own opinions.
I was just providing examples on why locals may not feel the need to provide evidence they may have.

Cheers

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
It's an interesting story, but if this was true and they really wanted to protect the creatures there they should have kept it quiet.

The Russian Bigfoot seems just as illusive as it's American and Asian relatives, and personally I hope they remain a myth, if they exist or not.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Am I the only one who remembers or the only one who read that they heard sounds of ice breaking? Swimming wouldn`t do you much good if you`ve broken through the ice. But If someone threw a big tree branch you could grab on and get back ON TOP of the ice and get back to shore. Remember, this is SIBERIA. And yes, big parts of rivers CAN freeze over. Especially in SI-BE-RI-A. There, I sounded it out for those who are a little slow. Haha I love being an a hole!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by doctor j and inmate c5779

exactly! like, lalala, swimming around in a frozen river!
also it's strange that nobody's pointed out that the rescuer's name is a fantasy, i mean, afanasy. a very unfortunate name if this were to be a hoax!

that being said, i very much do hope that this is true, and if so, i applaud the fella for doing the right thing. what an experience, for both of them.
and it seems to me that if this were just a fake, then the other two hunters might want to share a little of the glory, as opposed to appearing like a pair of pathetic 'no you do it's.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
About 25 years ago, I interviewed a logger in Vermont, who told me a story
about helping a Sasquatch.

He found it trapped under a log. Apparently, it had climbed over the pile,
causing one to roll down and pin it. The logger decided to kill it as it was
injured. When he pointed the gun at it, it cringed and covered its eyes as if
it knew about guns. this was such a human action that he changed his mind.
He got a Cant hook and removed the log. The creature crawled away into a
thicket adjoining the log yard.
From time to time he checked on the Sasquatch. He left muskrat carcases
from his trapline, which it ate ravenously.
It was very shy and wouldn't come out in the light. After a few months it healed
up enough to move on. The initial interaction happened at twilight, so he didn't
get a really good look at it. He said it appeared to be about 6 feet tall and not
massively built like most stories. I guessed that it was probably adolescent.

The man was matter of fact, and had no reason to lie about it and wasn't seeking
publicity. I found him believable.

Do I believe in Bigfoot/Sasquatch/Yeti? I believe in the phenomenon, but don't
offer any conclusions.
I got interested after meeting a Dr Warren Cook, who was a professor of American
Indian Studies. He had become interested from Amerindian stories.

The best evidence that he had was a long hair found at the site of some 20 inch tracks
near Rutland Vt. the hair was unlike any hair of any known North American animal. It
was at least 7 or 8 inches long and and thicker than a hog bristle.
This was before the days of inexpensive DNA testing.

After Dr Cook's death another
researcher stole much of his materials, so I have no idea of what happened to the hair .
I stopped researching and have lost track of my notes on this case. I concluded that
it was unlikely that I would find any real answers with my available resources.

I offer no hard conclusion about the nature of these beasts, though I lean toward the
possibility that they are transdimensional.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I want this to be so true, not because it's a Yeti or could be proof of a Yeti, but because this tells me that somewhere in the World there is some Humanity left.

At a different time in a different place some would have just shot it, saving a creature that could pose a possible threat fills my heart with warmth, especially in this day and age where so much hatred is being thrown around.

Even if it isn't true I would love to believe that this kind of caring is still out there somewhere, it is things like this which becomes the only hope for Mankind.

My only fear is the Yeti comes to trust Humans which would be the biggest mistake it could ever make, they hide and they need to hide, stay away from MAN, stay away from the Humans.

This will make me feel good all day.

In addition my Wife told me that she saw the local Police creating a rolling road block several days ago, because a Family of ducks with babies was walking along the road, so the Police decided to hold everyone back while they got to where they were going, there is some Kindness left in the World, and it has nothing to do with faith or anything but kindness.

These are the things that need to be told just to give a little hope to those who have lost faith in our ability to care for the other creatures who share this Planet.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I don't know if this shows cultural differences or not. But if i was in the hunters situation watching it, I might've/well probably laughed wait for it to die, then try and help it out for proof physical proof everyone is always crying out for.

Anyways that's just me being honest.

Spadez

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Interesting article, but I am wondering what the Yeti did after it was rescued? Did it say thank you, give the man a hug, attack him, or just run off? To bad the article did not mention anything about that. It would make the story more believable if we knew what happened after it was saved.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

My only fear is the Yeti comes to trust Humans which would be the biggest mistake it could ever make, they hide and they need to hide, stay away from MAN, stay away from the Humans.

I completly agree with you, every time a human finds an amazing creature we tend to kill, like the grizzley bear in the link I posted ( if it worked right)

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

I agree to a point but to be fair, a cousin to the komodo dragon was just discovered a few weeks/months ago. I recall someone joking that this lizard was not undiscovered to the people who have been hunting and eating it, perhaps for centuries. Not saying that people hunt and eat bigfoot, but if they know about it, it may not be a big deal to them.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
reply to post by warpcrafter

If people Knew for a Fact that yeti/bigfoot/sasquatch exists then we wouldn't be in this thread even talking about it. I have a feeling those Russians that "would laugh me out of town" don't have any skeletal remains, DNA, scat, or any other definitive proof.
I think of all places, ATS would be flooded with threads about this sort of FACT coming to light.

Really? Would evidence of a third type of hominid found in Siberia convince you? Not neanderthal, not human but something else. I'm not saying that this is evidence of Yeti either, but we don't know all there is to know now do we??

Bone May Reveal a New Human Group
By NICHOLAS WADE
Published: March 24, 2010

A previously unknown kind of human group vanished from the world so completely that it has left behind the merest wisp of evidence that it ever existed — a single bone from the little finger of a child, buried in a cave in the Altai mountains of southern Siberia.

Researchers extracted DNA from the bone and reported Wednesday that it differed conspicuously from that of both modern humans and of Neanderthals, the archaic human species that inhabited Europe until the arrival of modern humans on the continent some 44,000 years ago.

The child who carried the DNA lineage was probably 5 to 7 years old, but it is not yet known if it was a boy or a girl. The finger bone was excavated by Russian archaeologists in 2008 from a place known as the Denisova cave.

The full story is here: www.nytimes.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

I agree with you. Yeti, hair covered man or what have you- this story is wonderful to read because a man in spite of his fear saved the life of something he didn't understand. He could have stood paralyzed with his companions and let the thing go under, he could have killed it and collected it's carcass as a trophy. But he made the choice to save the life form. Renews my faith in humanity personally, wish we had more people who made similar choices. That this story comes from a hunter makes it all the more interesting.

p.s.....I do believe the Yeti now owes the hunter a life debt. ^.^!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
wait, wait , wait..
Yeti' s can't swim? i have a hard time believing that.
it is a known fact that Yeti's can all swim..just saying, it's what i heard anyway

Are you serious? It's not even a known fact that there are Yeti's!!!

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

wait, wait , wait..
it is a known fact that Yeti's can all swim..just saying, it's what i heard anyway

Try breaking through ice in a river and trying to swim in freezing water. It just doesn't happen.

Interesting story though. Nice to see that that bushmen still care enough to help out a stranded bigfoot (around here, they usually just get shot at).

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
This is interesting. I hope more news of this gets in.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

wait, wait , wait..

People can swim too, can't they? But you just see what happens when someone falls through ice into a pond that is many degrees below zero! Do you understand what happens to the body, the respiratory system and the brain when the body is hit by such cold temperatures so suddenly?

Look it up and it should explain your question for you.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Something about "old world" primates not being able to swim and possibly the fact that its fur can get water logged easily; thus making any attempts to get out of the water that much harder.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin
I want this to be so true, not because it's a Yeti or could be proof of a Yeti, but because this tells me that somewhere in the World there is some Humanity left.

At a different time in a different place some would have just shot it, saving a creature that could pose a possible threat fills my heart with warmth, especially in this day and age where so much hatred is being thrown around.

Even if it isn't true I would love to believe that this kind of caring is still out there somewhere, it is things like this which becomes the only hope for Mankind.

If you really believe that caring and empathy are so rare in the human race that this one event is particularly special to you, then I put it to you that it is you who has the dark soul.

Humans are extremely caring. It is but a small minority who don't care about others.

Maybe you just like to tell yourself the World is horrible so you can feel that you are special.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by triplesod

Sure.

Thirty six million people die of hunger every year.

Maybe you just like to tell yourself the world is really good so you don't have to see all those pictures.
edit on 7-1-2011 by Spinotoror because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
you would think that with all the technology available, this Yeti would have caught the rescue on camera it's not everyday we see a guy from rural Siberia.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join