It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Update On Breaking News On NYC Evacuation, Car Bomb Was The Cause

page: 9
35
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Wrong website,, sorry bout that.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by wiredamerican]




posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by tellmemoreok
 


I think that the explaination that you have given fits totally.
I didnt even think of it like that



posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
OMG This is FUNNY

Does THIS article about Google Earth and the NY car bomb make you feel better about CNN? not me...

[edit on 2-5-2010 by tellmemoreok]



posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I remember when my mum smelt propane Gas in the garage. Now we USED to have propane tanks from our caravan trips stored, combine this with electrical equipment and the batteries also in the garage and under any other situation you might think we "could" be up to something. Especially if my family also unfortunately happened to come from the Middle East or had a tan from Holiday.

In some situations 2+2 doesn't always equal 4 to a few people.



posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Just saw breaking news from ny brodcaster cutting in on ny channel saying skynews says it's Pakistan Taliban or alqaida forget which one. But it was said to be found on a website

Also stated the first explosin was diversion. And there is a huge one set



posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
loll taliban claimed the bomb??
right ...no big deal... normal act of war... sometimes rabbits shoot back...



posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240
I remember when my mum smelt propane Gas in the garage. Now we USED to have propane tanks from our caravan trips stored, combine this with electrical equipment and the batteries also in the garage and under any other situation you might think we "could" be up to something. Especially if my family also unfortunately happened to come from the Middle East or had a tan from Holiday.

In some situations 2+2 doesn't always equal 4 to a few people.


??? They had propane tanks, black powder, fireworks, and many other things, all attached to alarm clocks. If that isn't a bomb, I don't know what is.

Oh yea, I forgot to mention ten gallons of gasoline!

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Phlynx]



posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck

  • A political ploy to get funding for New York, meaning there will now be huge Congressional debates over the Homeland Defense budget.


  • Mr. Mayor went out of his way last night towards the end of his press conference to pitch for more federal funding based on this event. He was very pushy about it too.

    What a coinkidinkie.



    posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:24 PM
    link   
    reply to post by usaman1983
     


    usaman1983 I just heard about this myself. I wonder if we are going to start seeing these stories cropping up today??? It could get interesting.


    JT



    posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:36 PM
    link   
    Living in nyc you know there's cars all over the place, i really don't think this is such a big deal though. More like the NYPD trying to look responsible over something minor cause they messed up big time a few months back. Does anybody else remember the minivan with no license plates that was left in the middle of times squares for like 3 days and no one noticed? idn cars do go on fire sometimes out of the blue, idn why im not a car guy, but I have seen 2 incidents before this of a parked car just randomly going on fire.



    posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:47 PM
    link   

    Originally posted by Tarcisius
    Living in nyc you know there's cars all over the place, i really don't think this is such a big deal though. More like the NYPD trying to look responsible over something minor cause they messed up big time a few months back. Does anybody else remember the minivan with no license plates that was left in the middle of times squares for like 3 days and no one noticed? idn cars do go on fire sometimes out of the blue, idn why im not a car guy, but I have seen 2 incidents before this of a parked car just randomly going on fire.


    Not a big deal?

    And you live in NY?

    And cars catch on fire all the time?

    Look...this was a BOMB , placed in a highly crowded area. If it worked at the time it was supposed to work, there would have been plenty of deaths and a HUGE BIG DEAL in your little city.

    But you think "eh, no big deal".

    And they say Americans are mindless cows unaware of their own surroundings and deaf to the world around them.

    Bah...



    posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:48 PM
    link   
    Just a quick question for most of you.

    What are the chances that Islamic fundamentalists actually have and continue to try to carry out attacks against the "West?"

    According to most people here, very low. I mean why should I trust thousands of experts from fields such as national security, international relations, middle eastern culture, the military and many many more.

    These people have invested their life's work into understanding their field in order to provide information to the public. It is a much safer bet to believe whatever under-educated, random people who go by internet usernames say. I mean you are all experts in terrorism, politics, global economics and a whole range of other issues, right? Thats why you spend all the time in the world on ATS providing "proof" instead of being able to make a change in the world or influence the actual information and decision making process of our governments.

    All you morons saying "this is definitely CIA, FBI, ect" need to stfu imo. I would be open to the fact that our own government is carrying out attacks on its own citizens, that is, if it wasn't for your unfounded blabbering that displays just how G-D out of your element you are. If you are going to make ludicrous claims, try conducting some serious research and not just regurgitating the same speculative and unfounded sh# you heard third hand through the internet.

    The way you present your arguments and "evidence" tends to push intelligent and scholarly individuals away from your "side", because as much as you may not want to believe it, a majority of you come off as ignorant and childish.

    [edit on 2-5-2010 by Shark VA84]



    posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:55 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Phlynx
     


    If they also said there was Radiological grade elements in the car, and it was primed as a "Dirty Bomb" would you have believed that too?



    posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:59 PM
    link   

    Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
    reply to post by ventian
     


    Riiiight...as if there haven't been enough Muslim extremists causing this sort of racket that you have to blame what the DHS calls "rightwing extremists".....


    BTW, I fear Communism since I was born in a Communist regime and lived there, and according to Janet Napolitano if you fear Communism you can be a "possible terrorist"... what a stupid, and ignorant witch...


    [edit on 2-5-2010 by ElectricUniverse]


    My post was intended as satire....notice the Hank Hill quote.



    posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:01 PM
    link   
    Why has so much information about the vehicle and its contents already been released by authorities, obviously comprimising the investigation? Do law enforcement officials routinely release specific details about crime scenes when the location is discovered, no investigation has been done and an alleged suspect is on the loose?

    So the Taliban is taking credit for an "amateurish" potential bomb, practically begging the NATO forces to continue bombing the hell out of them. Yep, sure makes a lot of sense because the Taliban are a bunch of masochistic retards who want to have the tar blown out of them for leaving a dud on an American street.



    posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:03 PM
    link   
    "If they also said there was Radiological grade elements in the car, and it was primed as a "Dirty Bomb" would you have believed that too?"

    Only if it was connected to Iran within ten minutes of being discovered.



    posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:10 PM
    link   

    Originally posted by Mr Mask

    Originally posted by Tarcisius
    Living in nyc you know there's cars all over the place, i really don't think this is such a big deal though. More like the NYPD trying to look responsible over something minor cause they messed up big time a few months back. Does anybody else remember the minivan with no license plates that was left in the middle of times squares for like 3 days and no one noticed? idn cars do go on fire sometimes out of the blue, idn why im not a car guy, but I have seen 2 incidents before this of a parked car just randomly going on fire.


    Not a big deal?

    And you live in NY?

    And cars catch on fire all the time?

    Look...this was a BOMB , placed in a highly crowded area. If it worked at the time it was supposed to work, there would have been plenty of deaths and a HUGE BIG DEAL in your little city.

    But you think "eh, no big deal".

    And they say Americans are mindless cows unaware of their own surroundings and deaf to the world around them.

    Bah...




    LOL wtf.... It isnt a big deal... I'm from the city too... like I mentioned in my post on the 7th-8th page, Us New Yorkers dont let something like this get to us, Only if you lived here and arent into all that fear BS, you'll feel the same way as him and me feels about this whole thing. If you not from NY, please dont comment on how most of us feels about BS like this.

    Even if someone gets killed , thats when it'll sure be a big deal, a big deal to find out of the truth and not feed into the bull# that the media and others put out.

    With the whole cars catching on fire, that rarely happens, A car with smoke coming out of the engine does happen.



    posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:14 PM
    link   

    Originally posted by Shark VA84
    Just a quick question for most of you.

    What are the chances that Islamic fundamentalists actually have and continue to try to carry out attacks against the "West?"

    According to most people here, very low. I mean why should I trust thousands of experts from fields such as national security, international relations, middle eastern culture, the military and many many more.

    These people have invested their life's work into understanding their field in order to provide information to the public. It is a much safer bet to believe whatever under-educated, random people who go by internet usernames say. I mean you are all experts in terrorism, politics, global economics and a whole range of other issues, right? Thats why you spend all the time in the world on ATS providing "proof" instead of being able to make a change in the world or influence the actual information and decision making process of our governments.

    All you morons saying "this is definitely CIA, FBI, ect" need to stfu imo. I would be open to the fact that our own government is carrying out attacks on its own citizens, that is, if it wasn't for your unfounded blabbering that displays just how G-D out of your element you are. If you are going to make ludicrous claims, try conducting some serious research and not just regurgitating the same speculative and unfounded sh# you heard third hand through the internet.

    The way you present your arguments and "evidence" tends to push intelligent and scholarly individuals away from your "side", because as much as you may not want to believe it, a majority of you come off as ignorant and childish.

    [edit on 2-5-2010 by Shark VA84]


    All am I going to say about this is.......... History repeats itself. Look back and see how many false flags there has been and who has been behind them. Now if you want to trust the government go ahead.



    posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:21 PM
    link   

    Originally posted by ROBL240
    reply to post by Phlynx
     


    If they also said there was Radiological grade elements in the car, and it was primed as a "Dirty Bomb" would you have believed that too?


    Depends on how much and what kind. If there is a good quantity of radioactive material that is very unstable, yes, I could very well believe that. Radioactive elements and isotopes are very rare to get, and sitting next to a bomb it could be nothing other than a dirty bomb.

    Why would they lie about something like this? There where lots of people who had to be relocated, and some people where watching them inspect the car. If you don't believe the news, go and track them down.

    I am not paranoid about the media lying about everything.



    posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:24 PM
    link   
    reply to post by tellmemoreok
     


    Hehehehehe....that was heeeelarious. As I was reading the article and the moronic wonderment of the anchor about why the area would have been blurred out, I was thinking, "Duh! Google Earth is not in real time!" and then read the same thing sentences later when the article was saying what was probably in everyone's heads as they were reading the transcript.

    What a bunch of idiots. You can cover the news but you don't know that Google Earth isn't real time??? Not even the FBI agent? Good gawd, were doomed...




    top topics



     
    35
    << 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

    log in

    join