It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update On Breaking News On NYC Evacuation, Car Bomb Was The Cause

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

The multiple pages of posts didn't do that?

I'm sorry I had to!

The skinny: An SUV was found in Times Square. A home made explosive device was found inside. The bomb squad disarmed it. A vendor saw some coming out of the vehicle so he alerted Police.

The skinny.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ClearJustMind

Well I had to make myself breakfast and didn't feel reading through everyone's POV. Thanks anyway.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
My 2 cents...this comes just 1 day before the huge U.N. conference in New York, which is a little strange..

also....the VIN number was removed from the SUV...how convenient...something a professional would do....but the bomb was "amateurish"...just doesn't add up.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by tellmemoreok

also....the VIN number was removed from the SUV...how convenient...something a professional would do....

A professional? No, i know plenty of dumb rednecks around here who do that.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by tellmemoreok
My 2 cents...this comes just 1 day before the huge U.N. conference in New York, which is a little strange..

also....the VIN number was removed from the SUV...how convenient...something a professional would do....but the bomb was "amateurish"...just doesn't add up.

depending on the make and model, there are several locations on which the VIN number is stamped. i'm sure it is being CSI'd right now.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by usaman1983
Is New York City the only town or city in the USA that allows the Mayor to do press conferences about a crime and talk to reporters, Is there any other city that let the Mayor talk about a major crime to reporters?

No, Mayors do this all the time when it's good for them to get some press. Big drug bust in town, Mayor is there to give some words standing in front of a table covered with all the seized coke, money and weapons...happens all the time. Besides, exactly who would stop him from giving such a press conference? The cops all defer to the Mayor, he's their boss...that's just how it works.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Pakistani Taliban claim credit for failed NYC Times Square car bombing

Qari Hussain Mehsud, the top bomb maker for the Movement of the Taliban in Pakistan, said he takes "fully responsibility for the recent attack in the USA." Qari Hussain made the claim on an audiotape accompanied by images that was released on a YouTube website that calls itself the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan News Channel.

The tape has yet to be verified, but US intelligence officials contacted by The Long War Journal believe it is legitimate. The Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan News Channel on YouTube was created on April 30. Officials believe it was created to announce the Times Square attack, and Qari Hussain’s statement was pre-recorded.

www.youtube.com...

Aww. They yanked the video before I could save it to ATS Media.

Found a working copy here.

***Warning*** Graphic Content

[edit on 5/2/10 by makeitso]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
Pakistani Taliban claim credit for failed NYC Times Square car bombing

Qari Hussain Mehsud, the top bomb maker for the Movement of the Taliban in Pakistan, said he takes "fully responsibility for the recent attack in the USA." Qari Hussain made the claim on an audiotape accompanied by images that was released on a YouTube website that calls itself the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan News Channel.

The tape has yet to be verified, but US intelligence officials contacted by The Long War Journal believe it is legitimate. The Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan News Channel on YouTube was created on April 30. Officials believe it was created to announce the Times Square attack, and Qari Hussain’s statement was pre-recorded.

The War on Terror continues if true

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I admit not having fully read this thread, but there is something I need to get out in the open on this story. My apologies if these possibilities have already been covered.

My take after watching everything I could find on this:
  • Propane tanks, gasoline tanks, and black powder found. That does one of two things... it either makes one heck of an expensive and over-done bomb, or it makes sure to get attention.

• The SUV was left on the street with the lights flashing. Again, that only serves to attract attention.

• The SUV did not explode. There were small explosions inside it,and copious amounts of smoke apparently, but no damage to the surrounding area.

• The plates are from a junkyard in Connecticut. The fireworks had to come from out of state, probably PA. That's a lot of work to go through to assemble parts from different states.

• Commercial fireworks are low-yield, undependable, and poorly-constructed. The only use of commercial fireworks in an IED would be to set off small colored explosions or to use something like a sparkler (magnesium) as a fuse for a high-temperature detonator (for something like thermite). Or to attract attention...

• The electrical wiring has been described as 'amateurish'... strange in a device that uses components form different states.

So.... based on the above, I see the following possibilities:
  • Someone decided to try and make a bomb that had no earthly idea what they were doing... but managed to set off a smoke bomb and somehow survive with all those incendiaries in the car.

• This was the worst attempt ever made by Al Qaeda. Somewhere in Pakistan an explosives expert just lost his head.

• This was an attempt to get attention by someone. That someone, in turn, could be"
    • Someone with a very warped sense of humor.

• Al Qaeda trying to divert attention from something else, meaning that another attack should happen very soon.

• The government trying to build support for a continuation of the War on Terror, meaning that Obama is about to announce an escalation.

• A political ploy to get funding for New York, meaning there will now be huge Congressional debates over the Homeland Defense budget.

• The government trying to divert attention from something else, like the recent oil spill, meaning that the government is more of a failure than I thought.

Regardless, there is a lot more to this than we are being told by the MSM.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The fact that it was left running and with it it's lights flashing just seems so weird to me. Seems like it was an attempt to make sure this got noticed and reported ASAP. Seems like false flag could be a big possibility.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I just read about this today! Have there been any arrests? Is this a case of domestic terrorism? You don't normally see americans making car bombs. Strange to say the least.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by usaman1983

The War on Terror continues if true

IMHO, The War on Terror actually BEGINS if true! Cannot count all the false flag, CIA sponsored attacks.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
willyloman.wordpress.com... cians-got-involved/#comments My gut is telling me that this is what really happened. I used to drive long-haul 18-wheeler and delivered in NYC many times. This makes total sense to me.
"I actually worked on Gansevoort St. right across from a warehouse that the hot-dog and bagel venders kept their carts in. Every day at about 6-7 pm, these SUVs would show up, over and over again, towing the big stainless steel hot-dog carts. The venders used SUVs because they could also carry supplies and were lockable (as opposed to an open bed pick-up truck). The hot-dog carts use propane tanks as fuel to keep the hot-dogs warm. The SUVs would drop off the carts and run off real quick to go get others from their various locations around the city. The reason they had gas cans in the SUVs is because they drove around so much in Manhattan traffic, they needed the emergency gasoline in case they got stuck in a traffic jam. As far as the “black metal box” that resembled a gun-locker is concerned, that’s a cash box, a lockable cash box they use to keep cash in… not hard to figure out.

Even the clock with a wire attached to it is easy to figure out. Many of these venders used by the companies to man these carts are dirt-poor, many of them working for 2 or 3 dollars and hour, if that, off the books. They just came to the country, legally or not, they are being taken advantage of, and some might not even have a watch. So what the cart pick-up guy with the SUV has to do if they don’t have a watch is leave a clock with them so that they can start to prep the cart before he returns to pick them up. If they aren’t ready to go when the pick-up guy gets there, then that throws the timing all off. That costs money. So what they do is leave a cheap alarm clock with the vendor if he doesn’t have a watch and it has a piece of wire on it which they can use to fix the clock to the umbrella stand.

Even the illegal aspect of the SUV fits this theory.

There are a lot of illegal cars in the big city. Vehicle insurance for a hot-dog vending company in New York City must cost a fortune so they pay insurance on a couple of legal cars to make it all look legit, but in reality they need more pick-up vehicles than they can afford to pay insurance on. So… they “contract’ some of the guys to use their own vehicles, where-ever they get them, and they have to provide assurances they have insurance. So, an industrious new immigrant decides to stop standing around a smelly hot-dog cart all day and he “acquires” an SUV so he can move up the company ladder.

Now, imagine what that guy was thinking when he went out to his SUV and found 10 cops and bomb sniffing dogs all around his illegal car. People were running down the street, cops looked scared, and there he is, barely able to speak english, and he had just arrived from Pakistan… maybe even with no Green Card in his pocket. What the # do you think he is going to do? Walk up to a New York City cop and tell him it’s his truck? Or slip off into the crowd and hope he can find another under-the-table job?

I promise you… they found vending supplies in that vehicle… cases of soda, chips, hotdogs and buns… but you will NEVER hear about that… not now that the politicians are involved.)"

[edit on 2-5-2010 by tellmemoreok]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
In response that they could find vending supplies in the car, take a look at this CBS report on this incident...

that black powder that was found was inside a Coke can...

www.cbsnews.com...

"CBS News has also learned from law enforcement officials that a Coke can containing black powder — believed to be gunpowder — was taken from the vehicle."

[edit on 2-5-2010 by usaman1983]

[edit on 2-5-2010 by usaman1983]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Iam surprsied that it wasn't declared by an Iranian??? Taliban hey....bet 10$ it comes back as Iranain somehow.

lets see how they spin this one..

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
As for the lights flashing, do they mean hazard lights?

That's pretty standard - it was probably just a loading zone. If a cop notices a car without its engine running in a no parking zone - it will be towed within minutes.

As a side note, I was making reservations in Time Square for a relative when this was happening last night.

I called the hotel this morning and asked if everything was open and back to normal. The girl had NO IDEA what I was talking about! She said she doesn't live around there and didn't notice anything on her way to work.
Unbelievable!

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Does anyone not realise the symbolysm behind this all?

It happening on May Day with all the world protests against Capitalism and other Political-related agenda's.
What better than to have a show of force in a already-closed down Times Square, with the propoganda machine broadcasting this across the entire world spreading the message of "think for yourself and we'll come after you."

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
was this a copy cat incident that happened in Pittsburgh this am

Pipe Bomb detonated at The Pittsburgh Marathon

kdka.com...

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by tellmemoreok
Thanks for your input this is why I love ats.

I'd have run off too if it was 'my' SUV otherwise I'd have found myself in some off-the- books prison somewhere in the world.

They will not let a crisis go to waste though.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
  • This was the worst attempt ever made by Al Qaeda. Somewhere in Pakistan an explosives expert just lost his head.

• This just made my day

• Al Qaeda trying to divert attention from something else, meaning that another attack should happen very soon.

• I can see this as being very likely, if indeed it was islamic terrorists.
    If it wasn't meant to be a distraction but rather a full attack, it doesn't make much sense to me that they would send someone here to carry it out who failed to properly detonate a bomb. These people know how to make bombs.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join