It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update On Breaking News On NYC Evacuation, Car Bomb Was The Cause

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Oh, didn't see this posted about the latest video, either:

The videos emerged after an attempted car bombing in New York City, for which his faction claimed responsibility in a third video, and provided the most substantial evidence so far that he survived a US attempt on his life.

Mehsud threatened to retaliate against the United States for the killing of Islamist militant leaders, appearing in a nine-minute video allegedly made on April 4, after his supposed death in January

news.yahoo.com...

Washington told us this guy was dead. Seems they got that wrong.

US officials believed Mehsud was likely killed in a US drone strike in northwestern Pakistan on January 14, but the Taliban denied his death and Pakistani intelligence officials said last week that he had survived.

The Islamist leader, who took over leadership of the TTP last August, rubbished reports of his death as an "open lie and propaganda".

Perhaps they *are* the ones to blame, but admitting this would mean Washington lied.

Sometimes, cover ups are a completely different direction than you might imagine.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal
Stand a Mexican, a Pakistani, and an Israeli next to each other, and none of you would know which was which if the didn't speak.

What about a tall skinny red headed military buzz cut McVeigh type?
You seem to be stereotyping.

And regarding Item #3. Stealing materials impossible?

If I didn't know any better I'd assume you striving to link this to Islamic Jihadists and avoiding any other possible scenarios.

I'll await the FACTS to present themselves, thanks.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Now this is all in red, all over Drudgereport:

Pakistan Taliban leader 'killed by CIA drone' surfaces on internet to threaten U.S.
By Mail Foreign Service
Last updated at 3:38 PM on 3rd May 2010

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Two new videos from the Pakistani Taliban appear to show their leader alive and refuting earlier American and Pakistani claims that he was killed in a U.S. missile strike.
The videos featuring Hakimullah Mehsud surfaced over the weekend after an attempted car bombing in New York City, and were the strongest evidence yet that he had survived the January missile attack.
They underscore the patchy nature of intelligence gathering from the remote, isolated Pakistani tribal regions where Taliban, Al Qaeda and other militant groups have congregated.

(snip)

U.S. and Pakistani officials had been confident until recently that a January missile strike had killed Mehsud somewhere along the border dividing South Waziristan and North Waziristan tribal regions.

The Taliban, however, had consistently denied that Mehsud was killed, but they refused to provide evidence that he was alive on grounds it would endanger his security.
Last week, four Pakistani intelligence officials said the spy networks had determined that Mehsud was alive after all after getting new information from electronic surveillance and reports from sources in the field, including from inside the Taliban.

(snip)

And in Washington last week, Pentagon Press Secretary Geoff Morrell said he had seen 'no evidence' that Mehsud 'is operational today or is executing or exerting authority over the Pakistan Taliban as he once did'.

I would think this might be something of an embarrassment for Washington. Enough for a cover-up?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Bet we do get blamed for this.
FALSE FLAG anyone?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by usaman1983

You know what I really don't get is if the terrorist really wanted to hurt us why NYC??? Of all places, why not the White House or Obama? I don't get their reasoning?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Officials Reportedly See Foreign Plot Behind Times Square Car Bomb

The car bomb planted in Times Square appears to be the work of an international terrorist plot, The Washington Post reported Monday, citing Obama administration officials. The report comes after the White House for the first time clearly declared the incident a terrorist act. White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said the SUV loaded with explosives was "intended to terrorize."

Looks like they're either making (up) connections or assumptions now as to who's behind it.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The NY Daily News has posted the video images of the alleged culprit.

The print edition had some more pictures and also a drawing of how the bomb was set up: M80's stuffed inside a pressure cooker (must have been the detonator), small garbage bags of fertilizer plus the canisters of propane and gasoline. That was the first I heard of the fertilizer, but if all that was seen and talked about before were some plastic bags that hadn't been examined, I guess it's understandable.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Alright, I'll start by putting on my tin foil hat.

(Tin Foil Hat On)

I wonder if this will later be blamed on Iranian terrorists in order to incite public support for the invasion of Iran? (NK works too)

(Tin Foil Hat Off)

I'm really glad no one was hurt. I hope this turns out to be the work of some lone psychopath however I have a feeling that the blame will be directed elsewhere.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
Alright, I'll start by putting on my tin foil hat.

(Tin Foil Hat On)

I wonder if this will later be blamed on Iranian terrorists in order to incite public support for the invasion of Iran? (NK works too)

(Tin Foil Hat Off)

I'm really glad no one was hurt. I hope this turns out to be the work of some lone psychopath however I have a feeling that the blame will be directed elsewhere.

I thought Iranians would be a hell of a lot smarter than that. Personally I think people are grasping at straws. Probably just some lone nut job.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mysticalzoe

Probablt to distract you from where you would normally look?
Theres no major construction work going on over there is there?
I remember the other day i came across something that drew my attention of a subway getting restarted, (was put on hold i think) It was something definatley underground. I`ll try to find the link.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Update on the SUV, it was sold on Craigslist few weeks ago,

the registered owner sold it and told authorities that he sold it too to a hispanic or middle eastern man...... (I thought the police were looking for a white male in his 40's)

here is the latest update

www.nytimes.com...

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Here is my take on it.

One Viacom building is close to the place where the SUV was. Viacom= Comedy Central= South Park= A bunch of upset people which can be either the actual target or a cover.

It could be a test to see what the reaction of people, and emergency workers would be. Now they know what the operating procedure for the Emergency workers are, and the reaction of the public, they are better informed on how to attack in a mass casualty attack.

Just my 2 cents

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
The group that issued the threats to the South Park creators has stated they had nothing to do with the bombing. Although I have to wonder how much truth there is in that considering what an utter fail that bomb was.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

The group that issued the threats to the South Park creators has stated they had nothing to do with the bombing. Although I have to wonder how much truth there is in that considering what an utter fail that bomb was.

Thats why I am leaning towards a test. Even the most nim witted moron could figure out that that bomb would not work. I mean its like a kid just put some fireworks around some gas and fertilizer
I mean who doesnt have google to a least figure out that regular fertilizer wouldn't be explosive.

But you put that all together to look dangerous and you get everyone to react the way they would for a real bomb. Take some notes and next time you get everyone

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout11cav

Even the most nim witted moron could figure out that that bomb would not work. I mean its like a kid just put some fireworks around some gas and fertilizer
I mean who doesnt have google to a least figure out that regular fertilizer wouldn't be explosive.

The fertilizer does not need to be explosive.
It only needed to burn hot enough to cause one of the multiple propane canister to explode.

Have you seen the mythbusters episode where they try and make a rocket out of a propane canister? Boom.

[edit on 5/3/10 by makeitso]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Have you seen the mythbusters episode where they try and make a rocket out of a propane canister? Boom

Even if they did manage to get the fertilizer to burn hot, how would it being locked in a gun locker help burn the propane tanks. I just don't get it. I don't think there would be any way to get the propane tanks hot enough for an explosion even with the fuel. The safety relief valves would release first just like the said Mythbuster episode where the first fire activated the relief valves

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by usaman1983

HAHAHAHAHAHA A "hispanic" or a "middle eastern" man?
Way to go, he just gave everyone the reasons to point fingers at whoever they want.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout11cav

Have you seen the mythbusters episode where they try and make a rocket out of a propane canister? Boom

Even if they did manage to get the fertilizer to burn hot, how would it being locked in a gun locker help burn the propane tanks. I just don't get it. I don't think there would be any way to get the propane tanks hot enough for an explosion even with the fuel. The safety relief valves would release first just like the said Mythbuster episode where the first fire activated the relief valves

Did they have safety relief valves in place?

[edit on 5/3/10 by makeitso]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Did they have safety relief valves in place?

Ok, that was an assumption on my part. Based off of the mythbuster episode that was used earlier, even with a disabled safety relief valve it took 10 minutes for detonation in a very hot fire.

I'm still sticking with the test theory. It is a very tactical decision to test your enemy.

In 2003 when the insurgents first started using IED's against the Army, they put out fake IED's that can be seen by a convoy. They watched and took notes on how they convoy reacted. How far away did they stop. What did their security do, how long for EOD (explosive ordanance disposal) to arrive, etc.

What did they learn, if they put a bomb on the road, and hide a bunch more some many meter away in either direction they can take out alot more stationary and dismounted people including EOD if they wait long enough.

Now, we have someone that can craigslist a vehicle, manage to think out getting false license plates, apparantly avoid a bunch of cameras but can't functionally think out a logical explosion. I mean, the fertilizer in the gun locker just confuses me
With M-80's when someone that has a computer can find a much more logical method.

Its a test

And no I don't think it was insurgents, that was just an example

[edit on 3-5-2010 by cavscout11cav]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Well,the us government has created it's newest boogy man:Hakimullah Mehsud let's see how they build this guy up they have the beginings of his myth the man surived a drone attack and unleshed a attempted car bombing in nyc.:gasp:
Meshud is gonna kill us...

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join