It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens and UFOs vs. Reason, Logic, and Common Sense

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Without question, UFOs exist. The circumstancial evidence demands that their reality be accepted. However, because accepting their reality runs counter to the "normal" mental state of not accepting anything as real but an actual experience, then UFOlogy falls into different camps. The only people that can speak with certainty are those who have had a solid daylight sighting where there was enough detail in the object(s) observed to separate it/them from human constructed craft. We are familiar with airplanes, helicopters, dirigibles (blimps) and know that they have to follow aerodynamic laws or they simply fall, hard! UFOs in all of their varied shapes do things we wish our aircraft could do and we're all familiar with their extreme maneuvers.

But they are beside the point. What we have to deal with is the types of humans. We are believers and skeptics. A believer has been mentally conditioned by various sources to not question but accept blindly. A skeptic has not been mentally conditioned and questions everything and won't accept anything until suffienct evidence is presented. The normal state.

Believers, OTOH, do not have a questioning bone in their body and so they are subject to what they read or hear and accept it without challenging or researching to see if what they've been told or read is real. People such as Stanton Friedman, and most of the authors of popular UFO/Alien books depend on their gullibility to sell their books for if taken to task these thick books would become pamphlets.

So to cut to the chase, skeptics that see UFOs, such as me, are no longer UFO skeptics, they are experiencers; they know. They will continue to be skeptics, however, for that is the normal mental state. A mind that is conditioned is not being used 100%.

Then we have the subject of aliens. I do not accept their reality because as I said above, irrefutable evidence has to be provided in order to go from skeptic to experiencer or knower. Against the skeptics' acceptance of aliens come the believers. I do not think that there are any experiencers or knowers in relation to aliens. All we have for aliens are tales, hearsay, wishful thinking. Additionally, not only is there no evidence for their reality, but there is even zero evidence (nothing from nothing!) that they are ETs. No matter how much you argue that aliens are real and that they may be ETs, if your life depended on it you couldn't provide one iota of evidence. You can express your beliefs but you know where beliefs come from, right? No? How about mental conditioning?

What are the sources for mental conditioning for aliens? How about this, as just one example, that was seen and continues to be seen by millions?

Whitley didn't initiate the "grey alien" with the classical eyes and other features. But his books were everywhere and adults and children saw them even if just out of the corner of their eyes on shelves, libraries, etc.

How about the aliens described in 1964 in THE OUTER LIMITS episode of "THE BELLERO SHIELD"

And before that, pulp magazines starting in the 1930s. Look up the covers. Abductions on almost every cover!

So, now that you know where you stand, do you want to continue being a believer in whatever comes down the pike, or whatever you read, or whatever you're told? Or would you rather free yourself from mental baggage that's holding you back from appreciating the world as it really is and keep an open mind until evidence comes in? Your choice.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by The Shrike]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

So to cut to the chase, skeptics that see UFOs, such as me, are no longer UFO skeptics, they are experiencers; they know. They will continue to be skeptics, however, for that is the normal mental state. A mind that is conditioned is not being used 100%.

Thank you for making this very important point that I have also made myself at least a couple of times before. I also fit into this same category of being a sceptic yet seeing a UFO, if that's a suitable way of putting it. Although the UFOs I saw were at night time but were zig-zagging lights moving erratically, with several planes travelling in pairs following in the same approximate direction shortly afterwards. I have no explanation for the sighting so it's a UFO, but I cannot say it was ET.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by john124]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I don't see how anyone can seriously research the topic and come to the conclusion that ufo's don't exist...or more precisely seemingly intelligent controlled craft/objects with rates of acceleration and maneuverability that is beyond anything we are capable of...or atleast we "think" we are not. I hate repeating myself but as there is no evidence of aliens i am always going to be on the man made side of the fence until such times that evidence emerges challenging that.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

he did the same thing to me. but my ebooks have never been for sale. they've always been free. what does he think i'm trying to do with my data? punish myself? yeah, i like to WASTE MY FREAKIN' TIME, just so he can have the pleasure of saying it has nothing to do with aliens and ufos, or that i'm a schiester trying to make money. and get this, my data, has been read on these forums for 4 blasted years. F.O.U.R. and published authors have used it in their works with no attribution to me whatsoever, made money off my theories because they are plausible, and i never received even so much as an honorable mention.

it's like, spend several decades researching, culminate it all into a theory, present the theory for free in a forum where people who are interested in such topics will have the chance to investigate it, only to have some guy with an ego the size of the empire state building, just pitch it all out on the premise that he even knows the first thing about what i'm saying or have said on these forums for the last 4 years.

but i forgive ya op. cause you taught me a valuable lesson. yes i did learn something of value from this: that my original assumption that writing my data into a book for sale, so i could at least benefit for the many freyed nerve endings this subject has inevitably given me, was not a wise idea. and this has proven it beyond the shadow of a doubt!

[edit on 1-5-2010 by undo]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Please can you post a link to your material - i don't think I've read it yet by jingo!

I have to add to the subject that it is very naive to think we are the only existence in this universe...I mean have you seen how many stars there are out there? It is UNBELIEVABLE!

I just think we are seen in a pretty grim light - the naughty monkeys of this galaxy for one. Perhaps we are evolving though!

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Karma_Chameleon

Karma_Chameleon.....

That's a well known CGI creation.....the "Haiti Video".

I think you'll find a thread or 2 about that video in the hoax forum.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

The only people that can speak with certainty are those who have had a solid daylight sighting

you are 100% wrong about that, the close encounter i had was at night and what i encountered, i didn't misidentify and it wasn't anything made by humans. that's all i will say about my story.

please start thinking outside the little box your stuck in and stop painting all UFO encounters with a brush dripping with ignorance, thank you

A believer has been mentally conditioned by various sources to not question but accept blindly
Believers, OTOH, do not have a questioning bone in their body and so they are subject to what they read or hear and accept it without challenging or researching to see if what they've been told or read is real.

please STOP categorizing all believers into the "i will believe anything crowd". i am a believer because i am an "experiencer" but i do not accept everything presented as real evidence.

irrefutable evidence has to be provided in order to go from skeptic to experiencer or knower

i'm dying to hear what you think "irrefutable evidence" is, can you please elaborate on that ? i will be waiting with baited breath

I do not think that there are any experiencers or knowers in relation to aliens

i disagree and no i won't elaborate on why i disagree because you want irrefutable evidence and i don't have any to show you. does the government have some ? i guess you'll never find out because you don't have a need to know

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Karma_Chameleon.....

Here you go.....here's the link for that video:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now…..back on topic…..

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

The Shrike.....

I find myself in agreement here with WZN & easynow.....now there's something for me to really worry about

I think that yet again we have a thread that is trying to pronounce definitive conclusions about so called "believers" & so called "non-believers", when in fact there are too many nuances & shades of grey associated with this subject matter for that to ever be possible.

Without wanting to post "War & Peace" about this topic again.....

I'm usually labelled as a skeptic or non-believer on here, when that's not the case at all.

I think I would sometimes enjoy discussions on here more, if we didn't worry so much about these labels being assigned to people, let alone the fact such labels are based on spurious assertions.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Undo.....

As per WZN.....

I too would be interested in reading your material.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Thanks Maybe...maybe not. I must have missed that thread.

For a CGI video, they sure did a pretty good job on it.

I'll swallow it though (although I may choke on it)..................... very well, CGI it is then.

Btw- unless I have it wrong, the topic is UFO's. Your right though, this probably isn't the proper place to post it.

Edit for Maybe...maybe not:
If it were true about the Mods being strict about being on topic, they would have removed your posts before and after this post of mine.

- KC

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Karma_Chameleon]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Its a known fake

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I think you may have contradicted yourself in your logic.

Originally posted by The Shrike
... The only people that can speak with certainty are those who have had a solid daylight sighting where there was enough detail in the object(s) observed to separate it/them from human constructed craft...

... So to cut to the chase, skeptics that see UFOs, such as me, are no longer UFO skeptics, they are experiencers; they know...

... I do not accept their (aliens) reality because as I said above, irrefutable evidence has to be provided in order to go from skeptic to experiencer or knower...

... I do not think that there are any experiencers or knowers in relation to aliens. All we have for aliens are tales, hearsay, wishful thinking...

Following your logic, maybe it's more accurate to say that you don't believe that 'aliens' are visiting this planet, and interacting with us, because you haven't personally seen/communicated with one.

As for 'evidence' of UFOs, well Maybe... Maybe Not pointed out in a recent thread how easy it is to fake a photo/video using an iPod. I mean, really, all I have for evidence that you've seen a UFO(s) is hearsay... from you.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
MOD NOTE: The topic is: Aliens and UFOs vs. Reason, Logic, and Common Sense NOT other members. NOT other videos that have nothing to do with the topic.

Please read the following before posting further:

Post On Topic – Please Review This Link.
Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.
ATS Search – Please Use This Link.

Thank you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join