It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were to win the lottery, would it change you, and how?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I play LOTTO TEXAS twice a week. I play with one set of numbers that I picked and I buy a quick pick. I always pick the cash value option. If I won the current jackpot I'd probably get around 40 million after taxes.

I'd give a lot of money to family and friends. I'd probably have a set amount for each family member and friend. Grandparents each get XXX,XXX, aunts and uncles get XX,XXX, etc. I would set aside a million each for my twins and they would receive it when they graduate college or turn 22, whichever comes first. I would of course pay for their college tuition and other expenses.

As for myself, I would buy 200+ wooded acres. I would build a house directly in the middle of my land. The house wouldn't be too big. It would likely be 4 bedrooms, a huge office/library, and a theater. I want a large enclosed porch and a place for the two black labs I plan to buy or adopt. I would have solar panels installed near the house and possibly a wind turbine.

I would build a HUGE shop. I would have a section for a pottery wheel, kiln, and other supplies. I would have a section that would serve as my garage. There would be a car lift, huge box full of Snap-On tools, welders, cutting torches, a paint booth, and other necessary tools. I would have a section devoted to wood work. There would be enough room to store at least 10 project cars. I would buy a junker 69 Nova, 78 Trans AM, 72 Chevelle, 72 C-10, and whatever else looked pretty. I would spend my days restoring my cars. Outside I would have a large forge with all the blacksmith tools and supplies I could find. There would be a basement with a vault that would store guns and ammo.

I would save what I had left.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
A lot of it depends on the amount...but, yes, it would change me, but likely (hopefully) for the better...(basically, I'd be in a position to help people more)

1. I'd build a nice, but modest home, just the way I want things...

2. My wife and I would go on a nice long trip while it's being built. She's never been out of the country (except for the Caribbean), so would love to be able to take her to Europe, Italy, Egypt, and Australia.

3. I'd buy a nice condo for my mother, and invest some seed money for her business dreams.

4. Invest with my good friends some seed money to start or help with their various dreams.

5. Start a college fund for each of my friends' kids (and my step kids).

6. Once back from the trip, we'd buy us each a nice, but not ostentatious vehicle, a decent boat (not a yacht or anything, I mean a small cabin cruiser)...

7. Start my own business.

All of this of course, without even trying to touch at least HALF of the money...I want it to sit tight and live off the interest/earnings of it. (I'd be VERY conservative with investments...as I wouldn't need the big payoff of high risk)....

8. Start stocking up, prepping for any kind of major catastrophe that may eventually come our way....

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Wow, some of you have really good imaginations so far..I like a lot of the ideas i have seen posted so far, the gold toilet was a good one
I also think that i would take my family on a cruise, we have never been on one and they sound like a lot of fun, maybe the Alaskan one.hmmm.
Thanks Mods for chiming in also..

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
reply to post by baddmove

If I won the lottery, nobody would ever know, because the first thing I would do is set up a blind trust.

I woulnd't even tell my children or my parents.

I'd keep a low profile, with no bling!

Then that trust would be worthless when our dollar goes kaput.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I am also a avid lotto player. I spend around 5-20 dollars a week.

If I ever won the lotto, I would put all my money into the swiss bank because right now I barely trust how our government is running our nation. But then after I transfer the money I am buying an apartment complex in the swiss alps. Give my folks a million so they can at least enjoy the rest of their life.
Got to prepare if 2012 does happen......

[edit on 4-5-2010 by dragnet53]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
reply to post by baddmove

If I won the lottery, nobody would ever know, because the first thing I would do is set up a blind trust.

I woulnd't even tell my children or my parents.

I'd keep a low profile, with no bling!

Excellent, secrecy and knowing who to trust are paramount.. I won the lotto so to speak, relative died.. but before passing bragged to everyone we knew that her son would get XXX dollars and be taken care of for life.

Sure enough people came out of the wood-work before the body was cold it seems, my nephew requested a new $5000 MacBook pro, neighbor needed a few Bens for baby shower, GFs car needed repair.."only $3k.." and the list goes on... every reason was urgent & vital, "I NEED it for school", "But it's her 1st B-day!!", "I can't get to work without it!!"

I had to stop talking to some old acquaintances because of it, they were resentful at my saying "no".. it's an amazing thing to watch people you've known for years display their ugly side, almost as if I never really knew them at all.

I prefer being anonymous, a few times I've seen postings from local people desperate to save their cat or dog.. I paid a few vet bills (to the vet directly) in full, in cash without leaving my name.. I've also donated the funds to spay/neuter about 200 cats/dog of total strangers and have supplied a few homeless folks food for their pets ...there's an exhilarating feeling doing that.. helping folks who don't expect or ask.

My karma, or 'luck', has been outstanding this past year.. good things come my way, practically knocking on my door.. I still live in the same small apt, drive the same older car and all that.. material things are just objects, I've found that lifes rewards go way beyond how many trinkets one acquires.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
"... everybody's so different, I haven't changed."

I doubt if I'll change. I'll just do more of what I like now.

Sell my 206 and buy/lease a gulfstream.
Travel more.
Buy more houses.
Dive more.
Sightsee more
Buy more cars (I want a fleet of '59 Cadillacs)
Give more to worthy orgs like United Caucasian College fund, National Association of Caucasian People, Tan Entertainment Television, etc

But I'll still be the same lovable womanizing, lieing, racist, gun toting, dirtball I've always been.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Buy my father a completely decked out air brushing set,all colors,all guns,and enough paper to create something new everyday.Then,I would buy him a bike,I would let him pick it out himself,what ever company,year,make,and model.(he can paint it the color he wants! ) Then,I would take him to the one place he loves the most...I've heard this story many times,It's a place that the fireflies go during mating season,THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS of fireflies!A nd run through it with him,being beamed by yellow bugs..And maybe some old records and a state-of-the-art(for the 70-80s ) machine to play them on..a nice guitar or two too..

I wouldn't buy my mother anything,I would give her money to spend how she pleases and on what ever she pleases.I can count on her being smart with it and only doing good for others,maybe a thrift shop or 5 on herself.

For my brother Marcus,I would buy him a cupcake stand in the mall. He's a chef,Le Cordon Blue(however you spell it) top of his class graduate. I think him having to take action for something that is completely his would do him some good.

For Brian,my other brother...I would open a small record label,and sign him,then leave him to promotion of the band and all that comes with it. Maybe some new gear/equipment.

Then with any luck have something left over..I would open a chain of Tattoo/Piercing/Coffee shops named "Irish Ink and Coffee".

It's only a matter of time...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join