It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US, Canada, Australia Warn Of 'Imminent' Terror Attacks In India's Capital

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

US, Canada, Australia Warn Of 'Imminent' Terror Attacks In India's Capital

www.huffingtonpost.com

NEW DELHI — The U.S., Australia and Canada warned Saturday that terror groups were likely planning "imminent attacks" in India's capital and foreigners there should be vigilant.

The U.S. Embassy's alert, adding the word "imminent," appeared to be more urgent than an advisory last month that cited increased indications of attacks in New Delhi.

The warnings noted that markets and other areas frequented by Westerners in New Delhi have been targeted in past attacks.

Militants linked to Pakistan-based Islamic groups have been blamed for previous attacks in the Indian capital.

Th
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1-5-2010 by TV_Nation]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
This does not sound good at all and after the Terror attack in Mumbai back in 2008 this could be a real possibility.

Here is a link to a thread about the first terror attack in Mumbai if you have not heard of it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

over 100 people were killed and the attackers were said to have targeted foreigners and they are saying that the areas with the highest potential to be hit are the ones where foreigners frequent.

Could this be one of the false flags we always hear about?

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1-5-2010 by TV_Nation]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
A major attack on Mumbai's infrastructure would cripple many US and International companies. The outsourcing of a whole lot of business is handled there.This is a very plausible scenario and it would be devastating!

Zindo

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Thanks to ATS, I have come to hate the word "Imminent". Most of the supposedly imminent things that have been predicted have not come to pass, and I am starting to doubt that it's a case like Alex Jones is always harping that exposure of the alleged plot caused it to be put off or canceled.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by warpcrafter]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Obviously, there must be a reason for this warning, or they wouldn't be giving it.

Why on earth can't they just come right out and say what this threat is? Who's going to do it, and how?

Otherwise, why even bother?

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I do not think there will be a false flag scenario, or at least in the way you think it might play. If there were it would be on the Indian behalf as a way to tighten up and retake Jammu-Kashmir at the very least. This year there are a number of high level events in New Delhi the biggest being the Commonwealth Games and extremists all over the sub-continent will be dying to make themselves heard. (sorry bout the bad pun). It is definitely a time of heightened danger in the capital of India, and there will probably be at least a minor incident involving terrorists, but here's hoping everyone stays safe.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

The reason for this warning is there are many major events this year scheduled in India. The World cup of hockey took place earlier this year. The IPL has just wrapped up under huge controversy. The Australian cricket team is set to tour, they are a major target in that part of the world. And among others the Commonwealth Games will surely be worth worrying about just as the soccer World cup or Olympic games would .

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
This is definitely worth keeping an eye on. We need more sources on the matter. Every time I hear about something like this it makes me wonder if this is the one where they will use a nuke. When that day comes things will start to get seriously ugly.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by pablos

Yes, all those events are planned. Has somebody already threatened the safety of the people who will be attending?

There must be chatter of something, so they should just say what threats have been made.

Of course money would be lost, blah, blah,blah, but, a few lives might be saved! What's more important?

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
Obviously, there must be a reason for this warning, or they wouldn't be giving it.

Why on earth can't they just come right out and say what this threat is? Who's going to do it, and how?

Otherwise, why even bother?

Because they don't know themselves, plus why the F would they say this in public? What is the point of that?

See these Intel organizations and agencies get too much money, if they don't produce results a lot of angry tax payer mob style nigga g's would be running after them..

Plus New Zealand is in this ring too, see how New Zealand is not involved, the name is not mentioned? Because New Zealand public is already against spying on innocent people, with no results..

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Because they don't know themselves, plus why the F would they say this in public? What is the point of that?

Uhm, it is already public. It's just left as non specific. Wouldn't you prefer details? Imminent means?

See these Intel organizations and agencies get too much money, if they don't produce results a lot of angry tax payer mob style nigga g's would be running after them..

Ya, I know. Did you read my last post before this?

Plus New Zealand is in this ring too, see how New Zealand is not involved, the name is not mentioned? Because New Zealand public is already against spying on innocent people, with no results..

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Sorry!

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

I'm saying they don't know what they are talking about, they are just saying this to prove that the tax payer's money is not wasted..

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
This is definitely worth keeping an eye on. We need more sources on the matter. Every time I hear about something like this it makes me wonder if this is the one where they will use a nuke. When that day comes things will start to get seriously ugly.

I agree this is worth keeping an eye on and I really hope a nuke is not involved, I'm betting that if there is an attack it will be nuke free but who knows.

Also the commonwealth games being held there makes an attack more probable in my mind. With the addition of all of the outsourcing and business relations in Mumbai like Zindo mentioned just adds to the severity of an attack.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Sorry!

New Zealand is part of the ECHELON network and is in the UKUSA ( you coozer) partnership.

However, the New Zealand Government already spies on innocent people, unfortunately.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
A major attack on Mumbai's infrastructure would cripple many US and International companies. The outsourcing of a whole lot of business is handled there.This is a very plausible scenario and it would be devastating!

Zindo

well, im hoping it goes ahead........maybe then they might revert to using local australian companies for telephone assistance and i can actually get someone thats speaks english to help me out rather than trying to understand a poor broken english operator in india.....not to mention the bad phone lines to india.

the sooner the better.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
The question that I have after reading this report is , just what kind of secret intell collection does Canada and Australia have ? Not knocking them , I am truly asking what kind of intell collection agencies do they have and just how good are they ?

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

ASIO, military intelligence sources, ECHELON, and a cadre of customs and immigration officials that monitor, question and interrogate the many indians in Australia. There are for instance 50,000 indian students here. Yes that is just the students. Australia actually has a great deal of intelligence rackets going on over there, to deal with the massive influx of sub-continental immigrants, as well as monitoring what they think of us. From your response it would seem you do not reside in Australia. Perhaps look into some of the incidents that have involved Indians here recently and look at the response in India. That may open your eyes as to why Australia plays a big role in intelligence coming from there.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia

Originally posted by ZindoDoone

Zindo

well, im hoping it goes ahead........maybe then they might revert to using local australian companies for telephone assistance and i can actually get someone thats speaks english to help me out rather than trying to understand a poor broken english operator in india.....not to mention the bad phone lines to india.

the sooner the better.

I could not agree more there Amigo!. I read an article on this problem and the companies in Mumbai where teaching English with a mid-western/southern accent to try and fool callers into believing they were talking to Americans. I found that absurd. Also funny!

Zindo

top topics

join