It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama lawyers want more secrecy at White House! (Vistor & Secret Service logs)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Say court precedents over FOIA application to visitor logs 'decided wrong'

The federal government is arguing that previous court rulings applying the Freedom of Information Act to records such as the visitor logs at the White House are incorrect, and President Obama's administration should be allowed to withhold from the public the information it chooses.

A new government brief filed in a court dispute over the records argues, instead, that people with questions about who visits the White House should go to the White House website and ask for the information, and if the president agrees, it could be released. The April 21 brief filed in U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia insisted the court should hold that "visitor records are presidential records, particularly given the fact that the White House is voluntarily disclosing the records to the public."

Further, the records assembled and used by the United States Secret Service are not even in the "custody" of the federal agency, since they are transferred periodically onto computer disk and given to the White House, the filing said. "The Obama administration would undermine a key transparency law in order to keep White House visitor logs secret," said Tom Fitton, president of Judicial Watch, which has been fighting for more than a decade over visitor logs.
Source: www.wnd.com...

More cover up and deception from teh Great one. Kinda getting old. No wonder he and the Dems will be toast-starting Noverber 2010. Keep up the pressure Judicial Watch-you're on to something.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
So much for being the most transparent administration ever!

The guy is a certified liar - a pathelogical liar! How anyone can support this lying dolt is beyond me!

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I have to say, I think someone is getting under ol Barry's skin.

Hmmmm, just another nail in the coffin.

Next, ol Barry will think meetings with foreign governments, bankers, etc need to be held in secret, oh wait!

Then, legislation will be allowed to be held in secret, oh wait.

Then, blah blah blah.

Yep, when does the Plan come to fruition?

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
u do realize why Obama is doing this right???

www.abovetopsecret.com...

so he can have secret visitors
in the WH without anybody but
WH Staff knowing.

It's called covering your a$$

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I absolutely realize why he is doing it... it makes it difficult to hide your relationships and visits with corporate leaders, lobbyists and communists when it is a matter of public record.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

and he doesn't have a secure
red phone for that ????

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Exactly what I am thinking and saying kozmo. Why should Obama be treated or expect special consideration. He needs to be watched just like everyone else who has held the office.

HE works for US. We need to instill this concept in the politicians minds come Nov 2010!

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Incredible, especially after his entire campaign was based on a new level of openness, wasn't it?

top topics

join