It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LA May Day March for Illegal Immigrants

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
www.ireport.com...

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

laist.com...

While the LAPD prepared for 100,000 participants, it seems that attendance is "significantly less," although the authorities have not given any estimates as to the size of the crowd as of yet.

With the LAPD in full deployment, the protest--expected to be amplified due to neighboring Arizona's controversial SB 1070 and the ensuing potential California economic boycott of the state--has been peaceful thus far, with "no arrests and no reports of injuries at the rally."

Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and Cardinal Roger Mahony joined the crowd and were among the speakers at the rally.

Union members blew horns and chanted "no human being is illegal" over the rhythmic melodies of a mariachi band.

The first like to the I-report is a video of the rally... don't know what they are saying because it's all Spanish.

I have not seen to much MSM coverage of the protest, so I thought I'd share it with ATS. They want to be protected by our Constitution, but refuse to abide by our laws.

As an American citizen I cannot simply move to another country undocumented.. imagine me landing in France not being able to speak French .. then protesting in the streets. Or Germany, or China, or what the hell, even Mexico (where as an immigrant I couldn't even work) .. Even if I legally emmigrated from the USA .. I still have to pay taxes to the US Government on average for 7 years, while paying full taxes to my new country, while suffering endless paperwork.

But Mexicans... because they happen to be brown and that terrifies guilty white people, we should just let them walk on in, go to our schools for free, use our health care for free, use our infrastructure.. for free.. live undocumented and not pay taxes.. or even worse (and I've personally worked with illegals who admitted to doing this) .. filing taxes, because with 6 kids, you get a hell of a lot more back than you pay in.

I'm embarrassed anymore to call myself American.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
We as Americans have lost our balls at the same time our politicians have sold us out. I was listening to Linda Rondstat, Shakira and Carlos Mencia the other night on Larry King. Of course they don't have to deal with the repercussions of illegal immigrants as they all live in caucasian dominated white gated communities in Hollywood and greater LA area. It was disgusting listening to them tell us how we should accept all these immigrants because they are people as well. Sorry but we have our own problems here in America and we don't need to worry about millions of illegals sucking off the system as well.

And we wonder why countries like Switzerland, Norway, the Netherlands have such high quality of life. They wouldn't put up with this crap for one minute. This whole American multicultural lovefest has gone on long enough. Language, borders, and culture! If you can't adapt and assimilate get the f' out!

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Sad isn't it....NOWHERE else on this planet could you enter another country ILLEGALLY and have the audacity to march and protest DEMANDING anything on their streets...all while flying your original nations flag, because you love your country soooooo much you broke the law to leave it, it provided you with nothing, hence why you left it....yet your so proud to be a part of it...just as long as your not within its boarders. Hmmmmm...LOGIC...again a word that has escaped the minds of millions.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

We want jobs and education, no more racist legislation...

That's the chant I kept hearing over and over... Can't say that I disagree with it, necessarily, depending on the focus and intent of that message. Which was difficult to determine.

ETA:
To clarify - this was not at the LA rally (different city, different state)

[edit on 1-5-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I say the day after Arizona's law goes into effect, we sponsor a rally for the illegal immigrants in Phoenix.

What do you say, call all your illegal friends and protest in Phoenix 1 day after the law goes into effect!

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I thought this image was FUNNY .. I believe it is in Denver at a high school walkout .. the children, standing protesting in front of a giant La Raza sign .... talk about ignorant to an extreme.

Also May Day protest in Washington DC, in front of the White House led to arrests:

About three dozen protesters and U.S. Rep. Luis Gutierrez of Illinois joined in the civil disobedience Saturday. They held a sign saying, "Obama, Stop deporting our Families." Some wore T-shirts that read "Arrest us, Not our Families."

www.foxnews.com...

More of the same:

"What happened in Arizona proves that racism and anti-immigrant hysteria across the country still exists. We need to continue to fight," said Lee Siu Hin, a coordinator with the Washington, D.C.-based National Immigrant Solidarity Network.

Notice how they hide behind race.. because they are brown, it's ok to break the law.

www.foxnews.com...

Other May Day rallies across the world, if any one is interested, on the link above.

Over all attendance world wide was relatively low.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I don't disagree with that at all .. they do deserve jobs, clean living conditions, a good infrastructure and all that we take for granted.

However..

They also need to respect us, which they don't, they only want to use us.. regardless of what country they come from, be it Mexico or Russia, they are still using us and disrespecting us.

Get in line, come in the legal way, follow the rules. Then reap the rewards of your labor -- it's the American way.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

We want jobs and education, no more racist legislation...

That's the chant I kept hearing over and over... Can't say that I disagree with it, necessarily, depending on the focus and intent of that message. Which was difficult to determine.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by LadySkadi]

I agree the do deserve jobs, education, and no racist legislation...and I want them to get all those things....IN MEXICO where they are from....its MEXICO's responsibility to give THEIR OWN PEOPLE what they want....but agian the main issue is..they won't protest their own government in their own country....that is the problem...and WHY is that?????????

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy
Do you live the same way as the native peoples or do you live the American life?

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

I'm embarrassed anymore to call myself American.

Time to call yourself a Mexican.
Join the parade.

Netherlands:
Nationality: Dutch
Major ethnic: Dutch 79.71%
Minor ethnic: Turkish 2.31%
Indonesian 2.3%
German 2.28%
Moroccan 2.1%
Surinamese 2.06%
Netherlands Antilles/Aruba 0.83%

16.4% of the total births in 2003 were to parents of non-European origin, although they account for only 12.4% of the population in the 25-34 age group.

According to Statistics Netherlands (CBS), a Dutch governmental institution, about 5% of the total Dutch population are Muslims (24 October 2007). Earlier statistics presented by the CBS showed a larger number of Muslims, but this information was solely based on ethnicity and not on religious belief.[1]

These incidents took place against the backdrop of increasingly suspicious and fearful perceptions of Muslims, which have developed over a longer time. In May 2006, a poll by Motivaction / GPD (1,200 Dutch adults +/- 3%) found that 63% of Dutch citizens felt that Islam is incompatible with modern European life.[18] A poll of June 2004 found that 68% felt threatened by "immigrant or Muslim young people", 53% feared a terrorist attack by Muslims in the Netherlands, and 47% feared that at some point, they would have to live according to Islamic rules in the Netherlands.[19]

In 2006 Minister of Justice Piet Hein Donner provoked an outcry when he suggested the Netherlands might accept Sharia law in a constitutional manner.

www.topix.com...
In the Netherlands 50% of all newborns are muslims. In 15 years, half the population in the Netherlands will be Muslim.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by RRokkyy]

[edit on 1-5-2010 by RRokkyy]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
We as Americans have lost our balls at the same time our politicians have sold us out. I was listening to Linda Rondstat, Shakira and Carlos Mencia the other night on Larry King. Of course they don't have to deal with the repercussions of illegal immigrants as they all live in caucasian dominated white gated communities in Hollywood and greater LA area. It was disgusting listening to them tell us how we should accept all these immigrants because they are people as well.

Welcome to the land of the Limo Liberal. They know exactly what's good for you. What you need to buy, what you need to give up, what you need to do, who you need to accept.

Of course, they don't have to follow those same rules.

The closest they get to illegal aliens are when they come over to cut their grass.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Is it just me or are all the girls in that pic in Denver, a little weighty?

I guess uncle sam is feeding them well.

I am quite surprised what is going on in the US regarding this situation. The rep of America, was one of total power, rich, organized, smart and strong willed. Perhaps a bit of a bully as well.......

What has happened?

I see the power dwindling, the money disappearing, its people being split up with no organization amongst them, i still see some intelligence, but not from those in power. The worse part is I see her will breaking.

The past few years has the appearance of a systematic dismantling of a "superpower". Like watching the fall of the Roman Empire (not literally) unfolding before our eyes.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

You know that's a very good point. One would like to think that even those illegals aren't that stupid to not have asked themselves why they're not getting from the mexican government all they're asking for in the U.S. Only God knows why.
From war of words to impendent civil war ; and then what? Civil unrest, Martial law, ID card? I wonder what was the part of the mexican Gov. in all this

Yet, I thought Arizona had it all figured out with their new law. Oh, maybe it does!

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Guys I went in the march and people seem to here only because they're pi$$ed with the US goverment not helping

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Anyone or any group that protests against ridding this country of illegals, (CRIMINALS), should be embarrassed to call themselves Americans.

A country as great as America doesnt need these TROUBLE-MAKERS around, so for those protesting, WHY DONT YOU PACK UP AND LEAVE THE COUNTRY ALONG WITH THE CRIMINALS THAT YOU ARE SUPPORTING!! End of problems for BOTH sides. Oh wait, you wont do that because America is so great and you know it. Only LEGAL citizens deserve the BENEFITS that America provides, NOT illegals (CRIMINALS).

[edit on 1-5-2010 by Captain_Sense]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
The picture from the high school says it all. La Razza.......they don't wanna be Americans, they wanna still be Mexicans in another country...round them and their parents up and send them there. Walk outs in high school, really? I'd have suspended every one of their asses and had them arrested for trespassing, absolutely disgusting.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

This was not a march for illegal immigration. It was against the bill that give police officers the power to constantly harass american born citizens and legal citizens/residents in this country on the basis of what they look like. You could have a natural born citizen not being able to simply walk down to the grocery store without being harassed to prove their citizenship. EVERYWHERE you go law enforcement can essentially demand you to 'show your papers please'.

So im sorry your title is misleading and you know damn well it is. But who cares right? Who gives a damn about Americans in this country with hispanic/latino backround. They are all the same after all? Right? And to think the people for this bill are the exact same individuals who argue against needing 'papers' to carry weapons around. Unbelievable hypocrisy.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

That's about a tired argument.....spin it how you want, this is about ridding ourselves of this infestation. The illegals need to go, the borders need to sealed and life needs to be made better for Americans....not criminals from another country............again, spin it how ya want, there is nothing racist about this bill except the lies put in place by criminal apologists....epic fail.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

As an American citizen I cannot simply move to another country undocumented..

Maybe thats exactly what we should do. Perhaps we should all show up on the doorstep of some other country, and just start marching around demanding our rights.

Maybe if we did, the ridiculousness of it would be more apparent to all.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

It pains me a tad, I must admit, to agree with you. I didn't read nor see any evidence that was persuasive that the majority of participants in this protest were, in fact, illegal immigrants.

I was glad to see a few United States flags in the video, and pissed to see flags from other countries. The focus SHOULD be upon enforcing laws already on the books, and if not for that failing (IMO), then the Arizona legislation -- and others like it -- wouldn't have been necessary. Illegal immigrants should be deported. Period. The United States borders should be protected. Period. Lawful immigration should be encouraged. Period.

The end?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join