It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Unsolved Mystery of DNA's Telepathic Communication

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
DNA has been found to have a bizarre ability to put itself together, even at a distance, when according to known science it shouldn't be able to. The explanation: None, at least not yet.

In the study, scientists observed the behavior of fluorescently tagged DNA strands placed in water that contained no proteins or other material that could interfere with the experiment. Strands with identical nucleotide sequences were about twice as likely to gather together as DNA strands with different sequences.

No one knows how individual DNA strands could possibly be communicating in this way, yet somehow they do. The “telepathic” effect is a source of wonder and amazement for scientists.

“Amazingly, the forces responsible for the sequence recognition can reach across more than one nanometer of water separating the surfaces of the nearest neighbor DNA,” said the authors Geoff S. Baldwin, Sergey Leikin, John M. Seddon, and Alexei A. Kornyshev and colleagues."

complete article

I can add an interesting observation.

I replicated the L. Carrell experiment where you take 3 fetal chicken heart cells that at the moment of their development are basically undifferentiated.

It must be 3 (no less) and they are placed in a sterile sealed flask and rinsed and then "fed" daily with sterile fetal bovine serum. They will continue to replicate...first one layer, then 2 layers and then at a particular point during creating of the third layer, they suddenlu recognize" each other and in one moment will start to beat in unison.

I was lucky enough to see that moment of recognition and the cells continued to replicate for a few more layers (still beating) until they died.

It was an amazing thing to see...at one moment they were just cells...and then BAM! they start to beat...

Maybe that illustrates the article.

So many mysteries...so little time.

MODS...sorry, I put this in the wrong forum and don't know how to move it...sorry.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by wiseone11]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Very interesting article, thanks for posting OP.

This might dovetail into the controversial phenomenon called the DNA Phantom Effect.

In fact, I think it sounds like it lends credence to the controversial phenomenon.

I think Cymatics could be responsible.

Also, maybe Etheric Biology of some sort.

Imagine aether is real, then it 'dragging' through space-time sort of 'corrals' biological components together into the most basic shape of a helix...

Hope some of that made sense...

Will be watching this thread, I hope others have some input because this is really interesting.

Star and Flag.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Yeah this should go in science & technology or metaphysics. I have always wondered the mystery behind this. DNA is the building blocks for life. Supposedly RNA came before DNA. I wonder if it has the same characteristics as DNA? Great Thread btw.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Sorry...didn't realize I posted it in the wrong place til too late and I don't know how to move it...internet exploded crashed and i went to the wrong place.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Original paper:
DNA Double Helices Recognize Mutual Sequence Homology in a Protein Free Environment

It appears that this has been out there for some time, Daily Galaxy just picked up on it.

Science Daily from Jan. 2008:
'Telepathic' Genes Recognize Similarities In Each Other

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Bacteria have been shown to communicate with chemicals. Why not dna?

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
The point, for me at least, is the interconnectedness of things...even down to the molecular level. And, again, to me, requires that we look again at that, which would change our view of time and space. That we are all part of a whole...that things are not as independent of the other as we have believed.

We have seen that plants respond when another plant is injured...all we know is that it is a response...but being a response suggests a deeper connectedness that we have yet to explore or understand.

Further, there was a paper once that studied the use of tools in primates. A group of primates lived on a small island away from the others...one of them started using a "tool" in a unique way...the others on the island did so immediately and incorporated....BUT

the totally amazing thing was that the primates not on the island, started doing it at the same time with no influence from the originators.

Just my opinion, of course, but the study of these relationships may contain a more important truth.

new topics

top topics

join